Break Week Luffy proves size doesnt matter.

It matters and it always mattered. The reason why it is pointless in Luffy vs Kaido is that aCoC barriers nullify it.
At least they did so far. It's stupid and makes physical strength close to useless but it's the only way for shrimps like Luffy to compete with the physically strongest people out there.
Luffy’s wet noodle body in pre-ts destroyed bedrocks while he was poisoned

It matters when you compare guys of the same tier, as extraordinary strong guys always get that extra juice from Oda.
It's just that a shrimp body high tier can nonetheless beat the absolute crap out of a fodder, even if that fodder is a giant, who's in turn still a physical monster in their own pay grade tho.
But yeah, in general it's super weird. In RL every strength and combat related discipline is divided in weight classes, with a heavy background in those, it took me a long damn time to get used to it lol

It matters when you compare guys of the same tier, as extraordinary strong guys always get that extra juice from Oda.
It's just that a shrimp body high tier can nonetheless beat the absolute crap out of a fodder, even if that fodder is a giant, who's in turn still a physical monster in their own pay grade tho.
But yeah, in general it's super weird. In RL every strength and combat related discipline is divided in weight classes, with a heavy background in those, it took me a long damn time to get used to it lol
Yes. In One Piece logic, an ant like Luffy or Roger could carry San Juan Wolf :suresure:.
I think for the most part, durability is more prominent for bigger characters, like little guys could have massive benchpresses and could hit hard but giants like Kaido or Big Mom are more believable to have insane durability than characters such as Luffy.

Yes. In One Piece logic, an ant like Luffy or Roger could carry San Juan Wolf :suresure:.
I think for the most part, durability is more prominent for bigger characters, like little guys could have massive benchpresses and could hit hard but giants like Kaido or Big Mom are more believable to have insane durability than characters such as Luffy.
Yeah right and especially resilience (if that's not the same), as their insane body masses can work around even high physical impacts pretty well.
Just look at how Luffy got kicked around by Doffy or Katakuri, dude is a lightweighr afterall, even tho he's a physical powerhouse. Oda is surprisingly realistic with that kinda stuff lol