Speculations Zoro does not have Adv CoC / CoC Coating. Yet.

Does Zoro have Conqueror's Coating?

• Total voters
So a lot of people seem to think that Zoro has already developed Adv CoC, but I really don't think that's the case so I'll try to break it down, keep in mind of course that it is just my opinion on how Wano is presented.

First and foremost, Conqueror's Coating has had an incredibly strong portrayal in the story. Only Yonkou tiers have shown to use it at will. And a proper Conqueror's Coating clash of top tiers always comes with a sky splitting. I think it's fair to say that Oda has reserved Conqueror's Coating for those who truly lie at the top. And right now Wano is definitely the point in the story where we see this happen live, but most importantly, it's showcased through the fight of Luffy vs Kaido. And personally, I don't think Zoro is up there with these people yet.

Second point is that Luffy just learned how to control his Conqueror's Coating. So in this arc, thematically, using Conqueror's Coating is showcased to be a necessity to defeating Kaido, it is central to the theme of Wano of being the point in Luffy's journey were he can finally stand up to a Yonkou, and his newfound usage of CoC is directly correlated with that. Conqueror's Haki right now has everything to do with Luffy vs Kaido, and nothing to do with Zoro. Having Zoro also awaken Conqueror's Coating this short of a time between Luffy and him would weaken Luffy's theme and struggle. We JUST learn this arc that Zoro has Conqueror's too, so I don't think we should precipitate ourselves already and claim that he also advanced it to the next level. Luffy deserves the spotlight and theme of having a superior Conqueror's Haki, and Zoro earning the exact same powerup would take away from this from a narrative standpoint.

And finally, the mammoth in the room, what the hell was Asura if not AdvCoC? Well, for starters, Kaido didn't comment on Zoro having coating, nor was he as shocked and glad as he was with Luffy awakening it, he simply commented on it being CoC. So right off the bat it can't be a proper display of Advanced CoC, it must've been a more dormant, lower level version of it. Which is actually something we've already seen happen with Zoro multiples times. Against Mr. 1, he was able to use Armament Haki and some argue that Observation as well, but wasn't able to use it at will, even against Enel. He displayed the potential of Haki, but not yet the ability to control and properly unleash it. And this might be what's happening here too.

So personally, will Zoro learn Adv CoC by the end of Wano? I don't think so. If we look at the fight between Kaido and Luffy, Luffy coating his Conqueror's is crucial here since Kaido is a direct obstacle in him becoming Pirate King. To finally stand up to and defeat one of the strongest Yonkou requires from Luffy the strongest will to conquer, it's a perfect thematic stepup for Luffy. For Zoro? King doesn't really mean that much, he doesn't even consider himself a swordsmen.
I think it's more likely that Zoro will learn Conqueror's Coating against his fight with Mihawk.

If I'm wrong though, I'll gladly take the L.
:zosleepy:
Yes He Does! :steef:

@uyuu Why are you in every Zoro downplay thread my guy?
Back then most people believe 1010 Zoro already had AdvCoC, which i disagreed with. Didnt this thread only talk about 1033 Zoro which activate black lightning at the same time as fodder knock? I did say that i need confirmation first for AdvCoC instead of denying it, and 1035 confirmed it.

Back then most people believe 1010 Zoro already had AdvCoC, which i disagreed with. Didnt this thread only talk about 1033 Zoro which activate black lightning at the same time as fodder knock? I did say that i need confirmation first for AdvCoC instead of denying it, and 1035 confirmed it.
Chapter 1010 was CoA only and regular CoC
Chapter 1033 was advanced CoC

Well Zoro did have advCoC in 1010 as Kaido said so you were wrong about that too… You were also wrong about this thread and the black lightning is in fact AdvCoC… And you were wrong about this whole Enma having Oden’s haki business

Thats three threads dedicated to Zoro downplay and you are in all three and wrong in all three

Do you sense a pattern my guy?
Post automatically merged:

Chapter 1010 was CoA only and regular CoC
Chapter 1033 was advanced CoC
@ShishioIsBack No it was always AdvCoC even in 1010… Luffy and Kaido both said CoA is too weak to ever actually damage kaido significantly… Zoro is physically incapable of scarring kaido without AdvCoC

@ShishioIsBack No it was always AdvCoC even in 1010… Luffy and Kaido both said CoA is too weak to ever actually damage kaido significantly… Zoro is physically incapable of scarring kaido without AdvCoC
Umm Luffy said his CoA is too weak to wound Kaido significantly that doesn't mean Zoro's CoA was too weak.
Zoro can give Kaido moderately deep wound even with Tatsumaki to the point where Kaido coughs up blood. So it was more than just a skin wound

And then Shi Shi Son Son is even stronger move by Zoro's own admission so it would wound Kaido even deeper.

Flying Dragon Blaze is even stronger which had both Kaido and Big Mom shitting themselves. Big Mom was lie "You better not take that or else your ass would end up in hospital"

3000 worlds is even stronger since it is Zoro's base move.

And scaling with that Ashura's attacks are far stronger than 3000 world's.

So from power scaling perspective it made sense that Ashura scarred him with CoA only.

But even more than that Advanced CoC is signified by Black Lightening either on user's body or weapon and Zoro had neither while using Ashura.

Umm Luffy said his CoA is too weak to wound Kaido significantly that doesn't mean Zoro's CoA was too weak.
Okay do you think Oden used CoA or CoC to scar Kaido?
Zoro can give Kaido moderately deep wound even with Tatsumaki to the point where Kaido coughs up blood. So it was more than just a skin wound
Didnt scar him though… Kaido was coughing up blood from the scabbards’ Oden’s two sword style and yet he stood up and said “Your attacks are too shallow”… The exact same thing Luffy said with his advCoA after he realised he needed AdvCoC instead
But even more than that Advanced CoC is signified by Black Lightening either on user's body or weapon and Zoro had neither while using Ashura.
Regular CoC is also signified by people gettinf knocked out or those drawn action lines around someone’s eyes BOTH of which did not happen on the roof either… So if you want to say there’s no visual indicator of advCoC, i can also say there’s no visual indicator of regular CoC as well

but what is on the roof if Kaido holding his scarred chest AT THE SAME TIME as he exclaims Zoro’s CoC… Not Zoro’s ryuo… He only cares mentions CoC after getting hit

yes, big mom and kaido didnt want to get hit by Zoro’s attacks because those attacks could damage them… Same way Kaido prpbably didnt want to get by th combined scabbards attack… But that doesnt matter… kaido still stood up from getting hit saying their Ryuo aint shit

its easy, do you think Oden used AdvCoC to scar kaido and yet you think Zoro’s advCoA is enough?

Okay do you think Oden used CoA or CoC to scar Kaido?
Oden used CoC to scar Kaido as confirmed by Oda but I also think Oden's attack was a bit stronger

Didnt scar him though… Kaido was coughing up blood from the scabbards’ Oden’s two sword style and yet he stood up and said “Your attacks are too shallow”… The exact same thing Luffy said with his advCoA after he realised he needed AdvCoC instead
Umm Kaido never cough'd blood from scabbards.
Remember coughing up blood means scarring someone on the torso (where internal organs) are so deep, it effects your internal organs and you cough up blood. Can you show me any cut from Scabbards on torso being deep to make Kaido cough blood. I would concede.

Well to Zoro's CoA he didn't actually say that.
He was scared enough of Zoro's CoA to dodge an attack and even Big Mom was and even with Tatsumaki he said that shit hurt.

Sure Tatsumaki didn't scar him but again Tatsumaki is one of his weakest attacks. Hiryu Kaen had portrayal of doing significant damage, it would likely leave a scar. ISDS would likely leave a scar. Ashura already did.

Regular CoC is also signified by people gettinf knocked out or those drawn action lines around someone’s eyes BOTH of which did not happen on the roof either… So if you want to say there’s no visual indicator of advCoC, i can also say there’s no visual indicator of regular CoC as well
Well there was no one around to be knocked out, that's why Oda gave us verbal hint. But its possible there was no CoC at all, it could simply be Kaido's delusion.

Like when he thought Scabbards hurting him was Oden's Ryou since Oden's Ryou is the only samurai Ryou that hurt him in the past, maybe he thought Zoro scarring him was a result of CoC since it took CoC to scar him in the past.

But Zoro had no CoC Lightening on his blade or after attack. With CoC there is always one or the other or both.

yes, big mom and kaido didnt want to get hit by Zoro’s attacks because those attacks could damage them… Same way Kaido prpbably didnt want to get by th combined scabbards attack… But that doesnt matter… kaido still stood up from getting hit saying their Ryuo aint shit
Umm actually Kaido did want to get hit by Scabbards attacks because he gave scabbards a chance, he was ready to die there if Scabbards could kill him but ultimately scabbards disappointed him.

its easy, do you think Oden used AdvCoC to scar kaido and yet you think Zoro’s advCoA is enough?
Yeah basically because I think Zoro's CoA is a lot stronger than Oden's.
I mean Enma was used to Oden's CoC before Oden's death yet it was partially satisfied by Zoro's Ryou alone.

Oden used CoC to scar Kaido as confirmed by Oda but I also think Oden's attack was a bit stronger

Umm Kaido never cough'd blood from scabbards.
Remember coughing up blood means scarring someone on the torso (where internal organs) are so deep, it effects your internal organs and you cough up blood. Can you show me any cut from Scabbards on torso being deep to make Kaido cough blood. I would concede.

Well to Zoro's CoA he didn't actually say that.
He was scared enough of Zoro's CoA to dodge an attack and even Big Mom was and even with Tatsumaki he said that shit hurt.

Sure Tatsumaki didn't scar him but again Tatsumaki is one of his weakest attacks. Hiryu Kaen had portrayal of doing significant damage, it would likely leave a scar. ISDS would likely leave a scar. Ashura already did.

Well there was no one around to be knocked out, that's why Oda gave us verbal hint. But its possible there was no CoC at all, it could simply be Kaido's delusion.

Like when he thought Scabbards hurting him was Oden's Ryou since Oden's Ryou is the only samurai Ryou that hurt him in the past, maybe he thought Zoro scarring him was a result of CoC since it took CoC to scar him in the past.

But Zoro had no CoC Lightening on his blade or after attack. With CoC there is always one or the other or both.

Umm actually Kaido did want to get hit by Scabbards attacks because he gave scabbards a chance, he was ready to die there if Scabbards could kill him but ultimately scabbards disappointed him.

Yeah basically because I think Zoro's CoA is a lot stronger than Oden's.
I mean Enma was used to Oden's CoC before Oden's death yet it was partially satisfied by Zoro's Ryou alone.