What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we read alright
sounds alot like goku ......not really luffy....
I agree, until now the smiling at each other thing is still somewhat superficial imo, their emotion regarding each side of Wano oppression not explored, and also if Oda wanna depict them being drowned in reckless abandon of battle despite its the deciding battle of Wano, those emotions are also not explored.

Imagine if Oda depicts like 5 full pages of Luffy vs Kaidou without any dialogue but only trying to destroy each other, their eyes glare with anger at each other more, mountains and even surrounding islands shattered to smithereens just from each black lightning bolts and void zone of their attacks, their anguish fully drawn in their expression, screaming without any written dialogues, but in the last page Oda does a close up of their exhausted faces...

...and finally one corner of Luffy's mouth lift up just for a lil bit even when his eyes are still blazing with fury, and the boy is shocked about himself, "...what...is this...why am i smiling...?"

But instead, its Kaidou who knows the answer, "Brat. Thats you enjoying the fun. Heh. Heh. Heheh."

"...No...its not..."

"Even though you KNOW that you are shouldering the fate of entire Wano right now...even though tthe life and death of your nakama ENTIRELY DEPENDS on this fight...you cant help but enjoy this, can't you?"

"...Its not...possible..."

"If only this fight never ends. Yes. That feeling, embrace it. This is the happiness, deserved by only the most powerful !! Now dance for a little longer, Boy!"

---

I imagine some external destruction and internal conflict would be a better storytelling, at least, to build up that smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.