What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that really gives me pause about that is that Luffy actually has all the quantities of rubber including being resistant to electricity. Could it be more like a hidden move that Luffy doesn't know yet?
I think of a rubber eraser having all the abilities of rubber as it makes sense in the op world. A world with pasta giraffes and magma that burns hotter than fire

I’m literally an Akainu mega fan but I have Kaido top 1.

There literally a chapter called “Island of the Strongest” and Kaido’s VC says WSC without any of the “said to be” stuff.
By default Kaido just won't be the "strongest" in terms of danger anyway because this is a Shonen and the next opponent for Luffy will be more dangerous.

I.e. Akainu, Shanks, Im, Blackbeard, Loki(?) Or Vegapunk(?) can/will rival Kaido in terms of pure "danger" to Luffy and his crew.

Again specifying AP and danger, not actual strength.

By default Kaido just won't be the "strongest" in terms of danger anyway because this is a Shonen and the next opponent for Luffy will be more dangerous.

I.e. Akainu, Shanks, Im, Blackbeard, Loki(?) Or Vegapunk(?) can/will rival Kaido in terms of pure "danger" to Luffy and his crew.

OP doesn’t follow standard shonen rules. Look at the progression of enemies in the pre time skip:
Crocodile -> Enel -> Lucci -> Moria

You can literally argue the enemies to be in any order of strength.

I have a feeling that after Wano things will be similar.

End game blackbeard might be stronger than Kaido but like Kingyagi said this is not a consistent rule in one piece, even more so in Kaido's case since he had to fight a bunch of people and is already weakened, and the next couple if villains might be a challenge for Luffy in other ways, not just raw power

But Crocodile is obviously > Moriah and Lucci I’d argue.

Like you could literally say:
Crocodile > Enel > Lucci
Enel > Lucci > Crocodile
Lucci > Enel > Crocodile
Etc.
and make an argument for any of them.
I guess but that's not the case for post timeskip.

Doflamingo is clearly stronger than any of them with Haki. Katakuri is clearly stronger than Doflamingo. Kaido is clearly stronger than Kata.

I guess we'll have to see. Blackbeard imo will outclass Kaido in sheer brokenness of his DF. Same with Akainu, who can kill you in one hit. And imo, Shanks' upper limit just isn't known considering by what we've seen, he can easily clash with Whitebeard, Akainu, and stop Kaido.

Again, i agree that it's subjective by nature of one's skillset, but the fights for Luffy have almost always gotten progressively harder. I do not think Kaido will be his hardest fight. I'm not talking about raw strength/durability only.

End game blackbeard might be stronger than Kaido but like Kingyagi said this is not a consistent rule in one piece, even more so in Kaido's case since he had to fight a bunch of people and is already weakened, and the next couple if villains might be a challenge for Luffy in other ways, not just raw power
Not even just fighting people, it’s been stated multiple times that lifting a fucking island has been draining Kaido

But Crocodile is obviously > Moriah and Lucci I’d argue.

Like you could literally say:
Crocodile > Enel > Lucci
Enel > Lucci > Crocodile
Lucci > Enel > Crocodile
Etc.
and make an argument for any of them.
honestly major pre-timeskip villains are weird and hard to scale . Luffy one shotting a PX with a basic jet pistol (that even a scrub like non drugged Hyouzou could block) fucked up the pre/post-ts powerscaling. There's no way someone who got knocked out in early gl by gearless Luffy would not get OHKO by a named hakified diamond hit from a YC2 straight to the face.

I guess but that's not the case for post timeskip.

Doflamingo is clearly stronger than any of them with Haki. Katakuri is clearly stronger than Doflamingo. Kaido is clearly stronger than Kata.
But I’d argue that this is because the entirety of the post time skip so far was about powering up.

I have a feeling that this won’t be the case going forward. Shiryuu might not be stronger than King and will just present different challenges to deal with (invisibility), Akainu might not be stronger than Kaido and will just present different challenges to deal with (how do you hit w/o getting burned?), same with Blackbeard (devil fruit cancellation).

honestly major pre-timeskip villains are weird and hard to scale . Luffy one shotting a PX with a basic jet pistol (that even a scrub like non drugged Hyouzou fan could block) fucked up the pre/post-ts powerscaling. There's no way someone who got knocked out in early gl by gearless Luffy would not get OHKO by a named hakified diamond hit from a YC2 straight to the face.
Pacifista are weird because I think they have a durability threshold where any attack past a certain point will instantly KO then.

Hancock was one shotting them for example.

With actual sentient characters there seems to be less of an immediate threshold and more of a continuous damage trait, where all attacks do damage but there isn’t a clear cut off point where they get KO’d

Status
Not open for further replies.