Break Week One Piece - Chapter 970: Oden vs Kaido [BREAK WEEK]

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MD Zolo

unlike you boomers, sane people dont care about saving face. if i was wrong then i can recognize that im wrong, unlike you.
but im not wrong, you just proved my point. One Piece started 20 years ago which means the 30-40 y/o category was twenties and teens.

now go destroy the environment or something instead of wasting your time on an online forum arguing with someone from the other side of the world.
americans man, i swear
You are quite annoying. It is quite clear that today, the real readers of One Piece are mostly 30-40 years old adults, not teens and young adults. Category has nothing to do with this. It is being read by 30-40 years old adults NOW.

How old are you? Being petty!

unlike you boomers, sane people dont care about saving face. if i was wrong then i can recognize that im wrong, unlike you.
but im not wrong, you just proved my point. One Piece started 20 years ago which means the 30-40 y/o category was twenties and teens.

now go destroy the environment or something instead of wasting your time on an online forum arguing with someone from the other side of the world.
americans man, i swear
Oh honey, now you're blaming all Americans?

Not that I care, since I'm no American. But quite funny how the American kids on this forum might think about you, knowing how you think of them ...
:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

They would be happy with anything. What a lucky bunch of fellows :pepehands:
No, they just know how to read and rate a manga.
When OP really had some problems with pacing or plot (e.g. second half of WCI), this actually affected the polls and votings in a major way.
Currently there are only very minor problems with the pacing/story. As a result the polls and chapter ratings are constantly very positive.
However, a tiny little toxic minority constantly complains and trolls in the chapter threads, making it very tiresome to post quality content anymore.

Last edited:

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
When OP really had some problems with pacing or plot (e.g. second half of WCI), this actually affected the polls and votings in a major way.
Currently there are only very minor problems with the pacing/story. As a result the polls and chapter ratings are constantly very positive.
However, a tiny little toxic minority constantly complains and trolls in the chapter threads, making it very tiresome to post quality content anymore.
totally agree with that bro! i think some people tend to forget the difference between the experience of reading a full volume in one go, and reading weekly chapters... ^^

and by the way, imo comparing One Piece with more recent "hype" series makes no sense at all (and i am not saying x is better than y here) for so many reasons!! not only when you consider the storytelling & universe of OP which is less megafights-focused, but also for the simple reason that unlike more recent series which must deliver weekly to keep the japanese readers' constant interest, i'm sure nowadays Oda has less pressure and can use several weekly chapters to tell his story, even without big cliffhangers or hype.... i think that's one of the reasons why sometimes some readers complain about the slow pace

J

Jo_Ndule

Oden should have gone for the head
I dont he could cut through Kaido scales.

He damaged Kaido where he has no scales.
Leaving a scar only on the abdomen where Kaido dragon form has no scales

Kaido skin (with scales or not) is durable but Oden failed to cut him as he wanted with that strike.
He himself saw he cant kill kaido
"Dont come back to wano"

I dont he could cut through Kaido scales.

He damaged Kaido where he has no scales.
Leaving a scar only on the abdomen where Kaido dragon form has no scales

Kaido skin (with scales or not) is durable but Oden failed to cut him as he wanted with that strike.
He himself saw he cant kill kaido
"Dont come back to wano"
You do realize that he has scales all over his body in dragon form, right?

Lol excellent chapter

Amazing I like the way Kaido behaves like a true gangster he used his wits to conquor Wano instead of brute strength

Also those who believed Oden defeated him its wrong he got one cut and Kaido knocked him out the chapters doesnt tarnish Kaidos reputation first it was a young Kaido second Oden is pretty strong himself

Also those who dont like Kaidos win its a pirate manga and thats how dirty pirates
If you dont like go watch a gallant warrior manga I like it very much pirates are sly and sneaky thats how OP should be more like

He doesn't lol
Did you see his abdomen having scales?
Where Oden cut?
Yes, those are scales lol. Not all scales look the same btw.

Read the scan i posted again

Oden talked about scaly neck

Plus considering the fact Luffy was pummelling Kaido all over his body, and couldn't scrath him, with him also wanting to burst through Kaido's tough scales as parallel, it suggest all Kaido's body is protected by it

Last edited:
Cover: Capone and Gotti seem to be prey to some devil fruit. I guess, it will be the most powerful love love.

We see Oden and the Nine meet Kaido with his subordinates, and the battle begins.

The Emperor seems to understand that if Oden, on his arrival in Wa five years earlier, had allied himself with Hyogoro against him, he could have beaten him (but since Oden is more stupid than Kaido ...).

Then, during the clash, Shinobu also goes to the samurai side.

Two shadows are seen at some point: they are Queen and King. While Jack isn't there.

In Jack's vivrecard it had been revealed that the latter was 28 years but I had always believed this to be Oda's mistake, since he didn't seem so young to me.

But the fact that we don't see it in this cap, would seem to confirm this news: Jack, being only 8 years then, could not already be a Calamity.

So it would seem that the Calamities were only two at the time.

With what seems to be (and should be) the final technique of Oden, the latter manages to cut and lay Kaido. I was expecting something more from this attack, instead it turned out to be a banal blow. And the clash between the two also seemed pretty bland, nothing to do with the clash between Ryuma and the dragon in Monster. Not to mention that there are, in op, many intense clashes, with many interesting final techniques. One of all: Zoro vs Mr One. But also Luffy's clash with Doflamingo is cool, if we remove all the interruptions and stretches out of the way. Instead, just the final confrontation of Oden seemed to me really one of the most inconsistent ever.

Even the Nine, in the end, show practically nothing and I also thought that we would see some other important Kaido subordinate.

However, we see the latter use to win Oden: he uses Orochi's subordinate, the one with the power to change his appearance, to make him take on the appearance of Momonosuke, then distracting his opponent, then take him behind him and finish him with a single blow.

Meanwhile, Ashura, the probable strongest man in Oden, is skewered with a blade behind someone. The scene is not clear: it is not clear whether King hit the blow, or someone else. In the latter case, we could have a second case of treason and the traitor of twenty years ago could also coincide with the current one.

Oden's group is captured and imprisoned: the only one who is saved is Shinobu.

The chapter is nice, however, I didn't like it as much as it was handled.

Kaido inferior to Oden is horrendous and, for me, has lost many points.

Oden, as ex-subordinate of Roger and Whitebeard, must have been abysmally inferior to the both, and also to Garp, that the fought with Roger. Also Shiki, Rayleigh and Gaban had to be superior to Oden.

So, from this, it is clear that Kaido also had to be clearly inferior to a lot of people in that period ... question: but how has it survived for another twenty years ?!

Mysteries of faith.

I think the same goes for Big Mom too. It would have made more sense for Roger to kill her when, thirty years earlier, he found himself passing through Whole Cake Island. We don't forget that the mom is an inhuman monster that has been making deaths for decades.

There are no reasons, actually. If she wanted, she could also have defeated her and then had the Navy catch her, even if I think she would have run away from Impel Down a bit like Shiki.

In any case, if Roger were still alive, he would have on his conscience all the deaths that caused Big Mom and his crew in these thirty years.

Returning to Wa, however, we know that many pirates pass through it every year, therefore, the news of Oden's death had to spread around the world and reach Newgate, at least, in a few years.

By the time he learned of this information, in theory, he should have immediately come to Wa and made the square deck in Kaido.

But, knowing the classic logic of Oda, Newgate will come to know him in twenty years, just to make Kaido become a hundred times stronger, while Newgate a hundred times weaker.

The next chapter I think will be the last of the flashback and we should find out the real reasons that led Oden to dance for five years.

Rating: 6/10

The biggest weakness which Oden had was his less trust in his own retainers and overall about the strenght of the Wano Samurai. What he did was a dumb move if he really think that Kaido would leave Wano just because he make a promise. As Kaido himself said, Oden should already teamup with Hyogoro and also with all four other Daimos. Alone for the Rebellion of the Daiymos it took two years until Kaido and his troup get their win, it show again how powerfull Wano was. Oden didn't really even need the help of the Whitebeard pirates or Roger pirates. He+Hyogoro and the 4 Daiymos together with the Yakuza and Samurais, it would be the end of Kaido for sure, it was overall the biggest mistake of Oden who cost his own life and of many people of wano. Either way I really hope the reason of Oden hold back for 5 Years is really good and not the speculation that he only did it because he want that no one would lose their life and also Kaido leaving Wano. If the last one really coming true, it would really give a bad taste about Oden overall as Character.

The taste of Oden lose is kinda sad, we never had before a kingdom who could come out of their own hands against pirates without the help of the Strawhats. Everytime when we see a villian attacking a new island and make it to his own, the heroes of the island get crushed everytime. Arlong park,Alabasta, Skypia, Dressrosa where pirates rules over a whole country because of their insane strenght, but this time we see a other route which shows again how hype Wano overall had, thanks that Oda clear portrayal this again.

Let see how the next chapter gonna end,but it really became sad with the knowing that Oden could save his own country with the help of the Samurai. In the end it was Oden own weakness who gonna cost his life.

I honestly hope that Oden Piece ends next chapter. I enjoyed the flashback but Im really ready to just get back to the main story.

If it doesn't end next chapter, then I hope that Oda does something special with it and doesn't just drag it out. Like I think it would be nice to see how Whitebeard and the Roger pirates reacted to Oden's death.

Oh honey, now you're blaming all Americans?

Not that I care, since I'm no American. But quite funny how the American kids on this forum might think about you, knowing how you think of them ...
:cheers:

how did this argument on an op chapter get to a snag comment about americans .
:myman:
what did I miss.

Gotta ask the original poster for an answer.
Unfortunately he/she hasn't been seen anymore since this embarrassment ...
lol
Just read up a bit on it . seems like the person has a problem with slightly older fans with sprinkles of ageism. continues to amaze me how people think of older folks. they were once young too. The fact years went by doesnt translate to not enjoying the things you used to ffs.
honestly I dont get people. you are good man.

Flashback Parallel to current storyline

Flashback

Oden and the Scabbards intended to head for Onigashima to take out Kaido and his forces while they were drunk and had no idea of them coming. This is essentially a raid.

Instead, they meet Kaido in Udon fully prepared with his army to battle Oden and the scabbards. Because of this preparedness Oden and the scabbards are put in a disadvantageous position and the enemy was even able to have the old hag be there prepared to provide support. This causes Oden and the scabbards to lose.

Current Storyline

Samurai-Pirate-Mink Alliance intends to head for Onigashima to take out Kaido and his forces while they are drunk and have no idea of them coming. Again, a raid.

Instead the scabbards arrive in Port Tokage, in Udon with everything they prepared for not in sight and it’s revealed to us that Orochi and his men thwarted the raid and was able to plan ahead. This puts the scabbards in a disadvantageous position and there’s a good chance they lose during the raid.

Take-away
This is the past repeating itself especially for the scabbards. The thing that connects these two failures is the identity of the traitor. The lesson here is the alliance needs to first figure out that they have a traitor and who exactly he/she is. Based on past events, even with a monster like Oden, they have no chance of claiming victory without this knowledge first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.