Break Week One Piece - Chapter 970: Oden vs Kaido [BREAK WEEK]

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it seems this clever Kaido doesn't apply anymore in current storyline.
Now he underestimated Luffy so much that after he defeated Luffy he put him in prison and the plan to break Luffy's spirit completely backfired. Luffy now got stronger after training advanced CoA with Grandpa Hyou, and also gained more allies (prisoners, Yakuza bosses and possibly Kidd's crew).

Kaido defeated Luffy only to put him into summer camp.
The one that's more concerned about rebellion right now is only Orochi but look at what he got. He got clowned by his subordinates behind his back, for believing ghost stories.
Orochi's subordinates having zero respect for him and only obeying because of fear is one of the major plot points this arc.

Kaido not taking Luffy seriously is a myth. He just one-shotted him, put him in seastone chains and let Queen deal with him, since he wanted to make him a crewmember.
Why should he suspect anything going wrong there?
After all Kaido had Kidd imprisoned for weeks/months and nothing happened. In Kaido's eyes he just clapped one comparable dude and threw him right next to Kidd.

yes that 13% of boomers really showed me.
you know these 30-40 year old people were in their twenties/teen years when one piece started 15 years ago?
Wow, what a ridiculous way trying to save face after getting embarassed. :suresure:
You realize that the term "millenials" doesn't refer to those guys, it's even in the definition of the word itself?
You realize that OP started over 20 years ago?

Vast majority of readers are adults.
Vast majority of readers is very happy with Wano.
However, just like I said before, the most vocal part of complainers are the small group of millenials, who simply don't know better than to cry and complain about basically everything in their life.

Last edited:
Huh?
How is this lazy drawing? It's the well known scar in a X-form we've long known. I even rechecked the official release right now and fail to see what exactly should be lazy drawing in that scene.
Okay let me explain then:

1- Kaido's scar is X surely. but it's NOT a straight two lines crossing each other. The egdes of the lines are slightly having some curves. Not a straight up two lines crossed as X with no messy curving.

2- In the MIDDLE of the X. In the point of intersection. The scar has more surface area. And not a simple cross. Meaning in the middle it should be somewhat like irregular circular area of scar, that branches out of it 4 limbs making the X Scar. And as the branches are coming out. The branches go from (wide to thin) mark.
And not a straight up two linear lines crossing each others.

I hope now it's clear why I say it's Lazy

If you still didn't understand me clearly... tell me.. and I will draw you the two marks to make it more clear for you. I will draw just the X mark, not Kaido himself hahahaha

Okay let me explain then:

1- Kaido's scar is X surely. but it's NOT a straight two lines crossing each other. The egdes of the lines are slightly having some curves. Not a straight up two lines crossed as X with no messy curving.

2- In the MIDDLE of the X. In the point of intersection. The scar has more surface area. And not a simple cross. Meaning in the middle it should be somewhat like irregular circular area of scar, that branches out of it 4 limbs making the X Scar. And as the branches are coming out. The branches go from (wide to thin) mark.
And not a straight up two linear lines crossing each others.

I hope now it's clear why I say it's Lazy

If you still didn't understand me clearly... tell me.. and I will draw you the two marks to make it more clear for you. I will draw just the X mark, not Kaido himself hahahaha
I still don't see the problem, sorry. The wound Oda drew this chapter looks perfectly fine to me.

Or he's going to win round 2 anyway with him revealing his true power and smashing Luffy again similar to Luffy's second fight against Crocodile.
I'm not so sure. If anything it will more like against doflamingo where someone gets in his way and delay the final confrontation.
But to be honest even though crocodile won round 2, he didn't look stronger.

He can't really afford another loss, as it would most likely mean death or at least defeat of the alliance (so death basically).

However, just like I said before, the most vocal part of complainers are the small group of millenials, who simply don't know better than to cry and complain about basically everything in their life.
The vast majority of complaining that I see in this thread is coming from you.

Aw, I'm not even sure what we're really fighting about. I mean wanting to see the battle of the scabbards isn't about hype or feats at all. The whole backstory has been building towards moments like this. Oden following his dreams to its tragic conclusion, and some parts were really wonderful like Roger finding One Piece or Oden going from a delinquent to a respectable ruler of Kuri. So wanting Oden's final battle against Kaido to be noteworthy isn't wrong. I just want the story to have a wonderful impact and to be memorable. Nothing wrong with that and it shouldn't be "called out" as it were.

I personally like Wano as a whole. The arc's been mostly great with only Udon being a little slow, but even the slow parts don't bother me that much.

Wow, what a ridiculous way trying to save face after getting embarassed. :suresure:
You realize that the term "millenials" doesn't refer to those guys, it's even in the definition of the word itself?
You realize that OP started over 20 years ago?

unlike you boomers, sane people dont care about saving face. if i was wrong then i can recognize that im wrong, unlike you.
but im not wrong, you just proved my point. One Piece started 20 years ago which means the 30-40 y/o category was twenties and teens.

now go destroy the environment or something instead of wasting your time on an online forum arguing with someone from the other side of the world.
americans man, i swear

Status
Not open for further replies.