Spoiler General Kingdom Spoiler

Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
So both Kyokai and Shin are saved... Didn't like this part of Shin dying and coming back to life at all but now thats over... Hopefully Hara can move forward with usual stuff..

Don't remember the scenarios exactly but what will happen if Riboku signals the army in Retsubi to follow Ousen army to Gyou? ( Can YTW see the army movements between Retsubi and Gyou ?). By drawing Ousen army more into the Zhao territory they are nullifying the advantage of YTW army?

If it happens, suddenly Zhao may get the upper hand as they will have the armies of Gyou, Riboku and Retsubi while Qin will have Ousen army ( tired with lack of food supplies) and Kanki army...

@Owl Ki I think you might just end up being right on the money about Kyoukai losing the ability to use her dance as a result of saving Shin. Yuuren stated that Kyoukai would have a 1/2 chance of saving Shin with half of her life span if he had just only died but since It's already been a minute since he died and he's already traveled quite a bit into the spirit world then her chances of saving him were 1/10 to which Kyoukai offered up her life. So in theory Kyoukai offered off her whole life force to increase her chance of saving Shin. That aside, the bit I want to focus on is the bit about the chances of kyoukai saving shin lowering the further Shin traveled into the spirit world. Here there is an emphasis on "distance" and in this chapter we are made to know that Kyoukai couldn't move or talk freely because she was losing her breathe and that she was on a time limit, so I think what Kyoukai exchange in actuality was all of her breathe. Without Shousa and Kyougai saving her, she would've ultimately died thus using up all of her life force to save Shin but as a result of Shousa and Kyougai saving her, she was able to avert death, but has still lost all of her breathe. I'm not sure if what I'm saying makes sense lolz

Hara also turned out to be softy afterall and like we feared couldn't kill off Kyoukai.

This overall will always be viewed as a mistake in Kingdom Manga/flaw in Hara's writing for me personally.

@Owl Ki I think you might just end up being right on the money about Kyoukai losing the ability to use her dance as a result of saving Shin. Yuuren stated that Kyoukai would have a 1/2 chance of saving Shin with half of her life span if he had just only died but since It's already been a minute since he died and he's already traveled quite a bit into the spirit world then her chances of saving him were 1/10 to which Kyoukai offered up her life. So in theory Kyoukai offered off her whole life force to increase her chance of saving Shin. That aside, the bit I want to focus on is the bit about the chances of kyoukai saving shin lowering the further Shin traveled into the spirit world. Here there is an emphasis on "distance" and in this chapter we are made to know that Kyoukai couldn't move or talk freely because she was losing her breathe and that she was on a time limit, so I think what Kyoukai exchange in actuality was all of her breathe. Without Shousa and Kyougai saving her, she would've ultimately died thus using up all of her life force to save Shin but as a result of Shousa and Kyougai saving her, she was able to avert death, but has still lost all of her breathe. I'm not sure if what I'm saying makes sense lolz
I think Distance part was also highlighted since Shin had started loosing his memories and the longer it took, the more impossible it was for him to hear Kyoukai and reach him.
(bt thn again Shausa n Kyougai had been there longer n retained their memories. Inconsistentency?)

Bt yes Breadth line could also be totally on point.
I think Hara has to do this bare minimum, to limit Revival thing as one Time-thing in Kingdom Manga. Kyoukai losing her breadth would mean she can longer enter the Spiritual Realm again. Plus also serves as a sacrifice for committing the Taboo technique.

Hara also turned out to be softy afterall and like we feared couldn't kill off Kyoukai.

This overall will always be viewed as a mistake in Kingdom Manga/flaw in Hara's writing for me personally.

I think Distance part was also highlighted since Shin had started loosing his memories and the longer it took, the more impossible it was for him to hear Kyoukai and reach him.
(bt thn again Shausa n Kyougai had been there longer n retained their memories. Inconsistentency?)

I think Hara has to do this bare minimum, to limit Revival thing as one Time-thing in Kingdom Manga. Kyoukai losing her breadth would mean she can longer enter the Spiritual Realm again. Plus also serves as a sacrifice for committing the Taboo technique.
On the memory bit, I think it's just that Shin's head was a bit hazy coz he just got into the spirit realm. Like Shousa & Kyogai, seems like Hyou's memory was also intact. Plus, Shin also started regaining some of his memories at some point as well. In the summary, it's said that Kyoukai was about to tell Shin what his dream was, but Hyou stopped her so Shin could remember himself.

H

Homelander

So both Kyokai and Shin are saved... Didn't like this part of Shin dying and coming back to life at all but now thats over... Hopefully Hara can move forward with usual stuff..

Don't remember the scenarios exactly but what will happen if Riboku signals the army in Retsubi to follow Ousen army to Gyou? ( Can YTW see the army movements between Retsubi and Gyou ?). By drawing Ousen army more into the Zhao territory they are nullifying the advantage of YTW army?

If it happens, suddenly Zhao may get the upper hand as they will have the armies of Gyou, Riboku and Retsubi while Qin will have Ousen army ( tired with lack of food supplies) and Kanki army...
Stupid plot i would say. Mythical realism shouldnt be in this manga at all.

This is pure shipping chapter. Nonsense plot to be said i hate these kind of chapters.
Post automatically merged:

Story hasnt been same since youth cermony arc i just swap chapters for funs.

I liked houken vs shin battle. I felt houken fight should have been more personal. Nothing as such happened. He was just another 1-D villain .

Thats why oda is better writer than him. Though oda sucks in giving good fights plot in op are well written.

why are shin fans literal bottom feeders?
He remindsme of old 80 s hero. Shin lacks personality to be fair as a non partisian in a war xin is a villain who is invading zhou for his evil king's ambition.

Riboku overall preferred peace over war. So he is the nice guy in the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chapter summery thanks to the Kingdom Community and Jeeswag :

Other world: Shin is heading towards the stairs and Kyoukai is yelling at him saying he won't be able to come back if he goes up. Shin can't really hear or see Kyoukai but one shout got through a little which made him stop and turn. Hyou shows up in the midst of this and starts walking with Shin towards the stairs which got further away as he was idle. Kyoukai thinks she can't move because she's losing her breath but is resolved to bring Shin back to the HSU before she completely runs out. Shintalks to Hyou about their past events with Bihei and Bitou. Hyou asks what happened after he died and Shin tells him he went out to battle, grew a lot and beat lots of strong people. Kyoukai can't yell out to Shin anymore. Shin continues saying he got his own unit and they were 1000 at one point but now they're bigger. Hyou asks what his unit's name is but Shin can't remember. At the stairs Hyou asks if there's anything else Shin wants to say. Shin remembers that he met the Qin King and that they're friends, but Shin can't remember his face. Hyou says let's go then but Shin feels like he's forgetting something really big. A dream...but he can't remember so he starts walking towards the stairs.

Kyoukai, while holding on to him, yells out that his unit's name is the Hi Shin Unit and to never forget it. As she's about to tell him his dream Hyou stops her and says he's remembering it on his own. Shin says sorry to Hyou and replies "Our dream. I haven't become a Great General of the Heavens yet!" Hyou tells him to go back through the white hole. Hyou says thanks to Kyoukai before disappearing. Once he disappears Shin finally sees Kyoukai. After giving Shin a hug she throws him through the hole while saying "stay strong" and collapses. Shousa and Kyogai picks her up saying they made it in time and staying there was worth it. They throw her through the hole too before it closes and says they leave their captain in her hands.

HSU:
The HSU has been yelling Shin's name the entire time and Shin finally wakes up.

No break!
So who is going to bring Shousa back now? I guess he is not worth the magic.

Had to log back in to comment on this chapter:

This manga has always been connected to mythical-realism, since chapter one. In the Kingdom universe, gods literally existed. Y'all should've been aware of what y'all were signing up for, especially seeing Shin's fighting in the first few chapters.

With that said, just so people don't get caught in the recent chapters to judge the arc, I'm gonna post these panels of the Zhou arc so everybody remembers how fucking the epic the whole arc has been, and how epic it's gone be to reread this shit as a whole.

Gathering of the young ones:

Gathering of the armies:

Announcement of Commanders:

Intro Tactics:

Team up of HSU & Mountain Ones:

Starting of the war battles:

Starting of the HSU battle:

All of the above is in less than half of the arc. My god is this fucking arc a masterpiece. Introduction of great characters like Bananji, Gyouun, the 3 great heavens guy, development of new HSU members, deaths of key HSU members, growth of Ouhon/Shin/Mouten as leaders, the various tactics used in each battlefields & before getting to the battlefields, Ousen's GOATness, Heki's GOATness, mfing BAJIO!, greatness of Totanwa, and so much more.

I have never been a fan of the whole mystical shit in the manga, but that is also part of the established manga where you have guys destroying multiple bodies with a freaking club. And I have been clear about my dislike of the Houken vs Shin fight, as it's the worst part of Zhou arc for me, with a terrible conclusion to all the build up that was there with Houken-Kyoukai-Shin.. But that does not take away from the epicness & the greatness of this whole arc. I just can't wait to see how this arc finishes off so I can start the reread, and enjoy the arc how it's meant to be enjoyed, as a whole.

I liked houken vs shin battle.
So you liked one of the worst parts about the entire Zhou arc, that's interesting tbh.

Oda & Hara are about even as writers. Both are great at world building, character building, creating epic side characters and so on. To say one is worst than the others, simply would not be right or fair to them. They're creating the top 2 manga in the industry right now.

Last edited:
On the memory bit, I think it's just that Shin's head was a bit hazy coz he just got into the spirit realm. Like Shousa & Kyogai, seems like Hyou's memory was also intact. Plus, Shin also started regaining some of his memories at some point as well. In the summary, it's said that Kyoukai was about to tell Shin what his dream was, but Hyou stopped her so Shin could remember himself.
I thought Hyou was only a manifestation of Shin thoughts whom he wanted to meet or something of that sort, since its been years he really shouldn't even be there.

Hmm, Shin do remembers it by himself so i would agree with you for nw.

Story hasnt been same since youth cermony arc i just swap chapters for funs.

I liked houken vs shin battle. I felt houken fight should have been more personal. Nothing as such happened. He was just another 1-D villain .

Thats why oda is better writer than him. Though oda sucks in giving good fights plot in op are well written.
I have no problem with story in General. I absolutely love it, tho yes some arcs and chapters have been better.

I only didn't like Houken vs Shin as much, as it kept reminded me off the Katakuri vs Luffy fight, Luffy kept standing back again n again and given it continued for 10 hours, it was worst.

As for generalising Hara because of Houken, Oda also had his share of characters like Lucci and rest of Cp9 members that were killing machines.

Oda better than him? I can give credit to Oda for his World Building bt I disagree.
Oda has his own flaws and i am not invested in Onepiece as once i was, so let's just call it difference of opinion on this one.

Just read the previous chapter...
So Kyoukai using the 8 gate technique from guy and gets to the place between life and death like Kakashi was? (I know there are 8 chakra points, but stil funny because of the parallels. Like Grandma chiyo reviving Gaara in exchange of her own lifespan. I love the naruto series, but Kingdom was a completely different manga, but now it is walking over to the naruto-verse...)
And i love when shonen manga's start bringing up % chances of the main protagonist to survive death, to create fake drama....it doesn't matter if it's 20% or 0,000001% they won't die anyways...
Umm, I don't want to be that guy.. But Kingdom literally starts with us the readers seeing Shin as a general. So we know he's never gonna die, and Hara knows we know that. So it has nothing to do with trying to create fake drama for shin. The suspense here had to do with Kyoukai, a side character.

H

Homelander

So who is going to bring Shousa back now? I guess he is not worth the magic.
Nopers

I thought Hyou was only a manifestation of Shin thoughts whom he wanted to meet or something of that sort, since its been years he really shouldn't even be there.

I have no problem with story in General. I absolutely love it, tho yes some arcs and chapters have been better.

I only didn't like Houken vs Shin as much, as it kept reminded me off the Katakuri vs Luffy fight, Luffy kept standing back again n again and given it continued for 10 hours, it was worst.

As for generalising Hara because of Houken, Oda also had his share of characters like Lucci and rest of Cp9 members that were killing machines.

Oda better than him? I can give credit to Oda for his World Building bt I disagree.
Oda has his own flaws and i am not invested in Onepiece as once i was, so let's just call it difference of opinion on this one.
Okay i get but i think shin dying and coming back makes no sense at times.

I don’t think Hyou is simply a manifestation of Shin’s thoughts as he was able to interact with Kyoukai. Plus, it was said that Shousa & Kyogai saved Kyoukai so I think, all three of Hyou, Shousa, Kyogai were spirits.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It took me an eternity to start this manga after I tried the awful anime some years ago.

I just binged my way in a week to the 245 chapter (after Sanyou battle) and I can admit that it is quite good.

The stand out for me for now are : Ei Sei, Tou, MouTen and the best of the best OuKi, the guy shines any time he is on screen.

I hope it will stay that good.

I will be soon here discussing it with you

Last edited:
It took me an eternity to start this manga after I tried the awful anime some years ago.

I just binged my way in a week to the 245 chapter (after Sanyou battle) and I can admit that it is quite good.

The stand out for me for now are : Ei Sei, Tou, MouTen and the best of the best OuKi, the guy shines any time he is on screen.

:josad:

10-15 chapters more and you will reach one of the best arcs in the entire story and my favorite so far

:datas:

It skyrockets. :akaman:

I wouldn't be surprised if it replaces your favourites and becomes all time favourite Manga.

Keep going :myman: