Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolute no clue of Luffy looking like beating Kaido. He is taking more hits and heavy ones now. He isn't even dodging or blocking those.
He’s on equal footing with him, and just received the best powerup needed for that. Kaido is no longer impenetrable
Once Luffy could hit you hard, he’s gonna win. Same case was for Luffy vs Croc, Lucci, and Katakuri

This has nothing to do with Law dying. This has to do with law actually winning against Big Mom. Nothing is actually requiring him to win.

Kid on the other hand HAS prior chapters already supporting that he in the least will defeat her. It will be Kid or Kid/Law. That's pretty much it.
Law is a bigger and more important character than Midd will ever be, Midd doesn't have to win anything, he is not competing with Luffy, he ain't getting a Luffy level PU, these fights are ending in the next minutes, Luffy spent the last 2 hours getting asspull after asspull just to keep up with Kaido while BM might lose the moment someone gets a PU?
So now this doesn't make Luffy look like shit and overshadows his grind, Midd is getting a PU and beat BM by himself in 5 minutes, is that what you're saying, and BM's on the same level as Kaido too?
:luffywat:

They look exactly similar.

BM had to use a power up. When is a villain using power up to lose? Don't mistake power up with technique. Awakenings are techniques..
This is completely arbitrary

but in any case, once Kaido went to base form in the aforementioned fights, he stomped. Luffy didn't stand a chance against base kaido, the scabbards didn't stand a chance, and even Oden got 1 shot(albeit by treachery).

What big mom is doing could hardly be considered the same. Kid and Law have been fighting a powered up big mom since 1039 and they still haven't been defeated.

Law is a bigger and more important character than Midd will ever be, Midd doesn't have to win anything, he is not competing with Luffy, he ain't getting a Luffy level PU, these fights are ending in the next minutes, Luffy spent the last 2 hours getting asspull after asspull just to keep up with Kaido while BM might lose the moment someone gets a PU?
So now this doesn't make Luffy look like shit and overshadows his grind, Midd is getting a PU and beat BM by himself in 5 minutes, is that what you're saying, and BM's on the same level as Kaido too?
:luffywat:
You can read my last comment, thanks

He’s on equal footing with him, and just received the best powerup needed for that. Kaido is no longer impenetrable
Once Luffy could hit you hard, he’s gonna win. Same case was for Luffy vs Croc, Lucci, and Katakuri
What power up Luffy received? Plot armor? Because he is the same as he was when he lost the 1v1 at 1013. And Luffy already hitted Kaido "hard" many times and nothing changed.
Not only that but YAMATO is the one fighting Kaido before he starts to "getting weak".

This is completely arbitrary

but in any case, once Kaido went to base form in the aforementioned fights, he stomped. Luffy didn't stand a chance against base kaido, the scabbards didn't stand a chance, and even Oden got 1 shot(albeit by treachery).

What big mom is doing could hardly be considered the same. Kid and Law have been fighting a powered up big mom since 1039 and they still haven't been defeated.
They are basically defeated now. This is just poor writting from Oda not having BM assure they are dead for whatever reason and going to rooftop again to chill with Kaido.

It would be really cool if, given that we don't get much of Kid and Law vs big mom this chapter, Oda gives the next 2 chapters to the fight with each of them focusing on one of the captains. Like

1039: Surgeon of Death vs Great Pirate Charlotte Linlin
1040: Captain Kid vs Great Pirate Charlotte Linlin

Having an emperor fall in 1 chapter would be disappointing as fuck.

Remember the last time we saw Kid and Law vs Big Mom, Kid and Law based on their facial expression were still struggling against her meanwhile Big Mom was smiling and having fun.

They already used their awakening against her and even if they use another power up, I'm still not too sure if it will be enough to defeat her.

Big Mom as far as we know still hasn't used her advanced CoC or even her awakening yet, and based on the spoilers it seems like she even temporarily defeated them before they got back up again.

I think there is a good possibility that Kid and Law's victory over Big Mom is not defeating her but removing her from Onigashima.

Also like I said before, I have a hard time seeing Kid and Law defeat a Yonko before Luffy.

I know there are some people here that are on the side of Big Mom being defeated in this arc and I'm one of those people, but you just can't deny the possibility of her not being defeated in this arc.

Also imo if Big Mom gets defeated that quickly and she doesn't use her advanced CoC or doesn't even show her awakening, then that's fucking dumb and her defeat would be bs.

If Big Mom is going to get defeated, I want to see more chapters of the fight against her and I want to see her get a proper defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.