Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazingly, Kid is doing more damage to BM than Law. Even if it doesn't make sense, that's what Oda wants to portray
it does make sense tbh. its really simple. force = mass x acceleration. kid is attacking big mom with greater mass than anyone in the series can possibly attack with. its not the worlds fastest attack, but its fast enough to hit her before she can dodge. this means that no matter what, hes hitting big mom with absolutely massive force.

if queen's brachio snakeus coil attack can defeat "armament haki masters" via sheer force, kid's attacks are a thousand times that. hes hitting her with the mass of a fleet of ships with every slam. when the damage numbers are this high even being able to block it with haki doesnt matter. you're still feeling it

After this chap i have some thoughts.
Zoro will be in death situation
Kidd and Law will be in death situación.
Luffy the same.
All the other strong comrades like Marco,Sanji,Yamato,Jinbe ,Scabbards are tired
The real question is. Who will help them escape?
Marines, BigMeme Pirates, WG. All of them want their head..
I believe the answer is Luffy's Grand Fleet. They will all see Luffy's vivre card burning and they will save the day
Grand Fleet should be saved for the final war.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Marineford was so great because everything failed.Oda killed the tension in this raid.Everything is going into the alliance's favor.I hope he does something to address this.Big Mom Pirates can still join the fight,Marines are lurking nearby,not everything is lost yet.He can make this feel like a war.
Without Katakuri they should not even show up to not get embarrased.

Raid is not failing.Most of Kaido's officers are down.Samurai are winning.We could get an Oars style battle vs the Yonko yet.
Post automatically merged:

Kidd is not creative with his DF,he could create a lot of cool weapons with his ability.But he only knows to slam metal into people.
Kidd could honestly have some disgusting piercing attacks, but no…. Oda just wants him to do blunt damage without haki or any elemental feature.

Kid should be stabbing Mfs with his metal.

it does make sense tbh. its really simple. force = mass x acceleration. kid is attacking big mom with greater mass than anyone in the series can possibly attack with. its not the worlds fastest attack, but its fast enough to hit her before she can dodge. this means that no matter what, hes hitting big mom with absolutely massive force.

if queen's brachio snakeus coil attack can defeat "armament haki masters" via sheer force, kid's attacks are a thousand times that. hes hitting her with the mass of a fleet of ships with every slam. when the damage numbers are this high even being able to block it with haki doesnt matter. you're still feeling it
I think Kid was using his awakening here, he used Big Mom and her bull as magnets attracting each other to increase the magnetic force and then squeeze/compact Big Mom, generating much more force and damaging BM internally.

The context of the panel alignments is obvious, it makes no sense for Law to use his awakening then Kid to overcome this attack just using just a random attack with no additional power.

I find it particularly funny how the most common criticism for post-ts One Piece has been that "only haki matters! We want devil fruits to be relevant again!"

And then Oda goes out of his way many times to show us that not everything is about haki, like with Franky and Robin and now in this chapter with Kid and Law who are hurting Big Mom with their devil fruit powers. But then, the goal post gets switched and people are angry because Kid "shouldn't be hurting Big Mom without advanced CoC reeee"

And why can't he hurt her with sheer force exactly? Only Ymir knows...

I find it particularly funny how the most common criticism for post-ts One Piece has been that "only haki matters! We want devil fruits to be relevant again!"

And then Oda goes out of his way many times to show us that not everything is about haki, like with Franky and Robin and now in this chapter with Kid and Law who are hurting Big Mom with their devil fruit powers. But then, the goal post gets switched and people are angry because Kid "shouldn't be hurting Big Mom without advanced CoC reeee"

Yup, I'm personally loving the 2 parallels coming out of all of this.

- Kaido being handled by Haki post TS concepts, Big Mom being handled by classic DF powers
- Law attacking internally with precision, Kid attacking externally with brute force

Not sure this was intentional by Oda, but I personally like it alot

What are you talking about? If you dont have strong Haki, your DF won't work on next person if he has stronger Haki than you.

Have you forgotten about Rooftop?

Why Law could not teleport Big Mom?

Stop being poetic and scholar, Oda dont care about anything, he will take the fight in whichever direction he likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.