Spoiler One Piece Chapter 972 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It never said Kaido asked Pden about Poneglapghs. He went after the scabbards afterwards for that.
Yeah.
This part is clearly never highlighted. And felt weird.
The whole premise during Zou, about why Kaido was after Momo and his retaniers is because he suspected they knew about the secrets of the world. And that he also wanted to know about it from Oden before executing him. YET, that shit was NEVER highlighted.

Which is clearly something Oda probably neglected.

Nah. Those events were largely covered back in 920. No need to dedicate chapters to it.
There can be a possibility that Asura and Denjiro facing Kaido was actually DURING the war that we got already. It's just EVERYTHING was skipped. Since it was said that the fight lasted for hours and more than what the enemy expected. So, maybe they did have a small encounter during the war which was SKIPPED, I mean Oda skips a lot of stuff. So, who knows

Yeah.
This part is clearly never highlighted. And felt weird.
The whole premise during Zou, about why Kaido was after Momo and his retaniers is because he suspected they knew about the secrets of the world. And that he also wanted to know about it from Oden before executing him. YET, that shit was NEVER highlighted.

Which is clearly something Oda probably neglected.
We are yet to know why Kaidou is in all this Drama, why do he need to care about Wano and it's petty Shogun fights. He is a Pirate.

He could have easily done what he did here, anywhere else. Factories, is all he needed and cheap labour.

Oda could still highlight this, and Poneglypp could be the proper reason Kaidou choose Wano and Oden for his secrets. Bt i guess it will be revealed later on, when he's about to get defeated.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Don't say it is a sure thing :

Either Orochi don't care at all about his family and Kaido told him that he killed her.

But if Orochi cared a little bit about the old hag (he has knew her for a long time, and she helped him a lot) maybe to not weaken his alliance with him Kaido lied to Orochi.
I know that Orochi is a scrub to Kaido but it can be more complicated for Kaido to run the country if Orochi is really mad at him. And Orochi is a bitch.

If would be difficult if the citizens would see Orochi as someone trustworthy or a good Shogun. But almost everyone sees a Coward in him and they only follow him cause of Kaido. If Kaido just kills Orochi and he would put someone like King in his Position, nothing would get worse, i guess it only could get better. So there is still the question... why the hell is Kaido cooperating and helping Orochi anyway?

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
he would put someone like King in his Position, nothing would get worse, i guess it only could get better. So there is still the question... why the hell is Kaido cooperating and helping Orochi anyway?
King isn't exactly a good example, as he wouldn't be free for duties best suited to his abilities. But I agree with your larger point. It's strange why Kaido keeps Orochi around when any pawn can serve the role of dummy shogun. I guess he doesn't want to go through the trouble of looking for someone else to fill that role.

Worst

Custom title
King isn't exactly a good example, as he wouldn't be free for duties best suited to his abilities. But I agree with your larger point. It's strange why Kaido keeps Orochi around when any pawn can serve the role of dummy shogun. I guess he doesn't want to go through the trouble of looking for someone else to fill that role.
He said that he doesn't want to know pirates are in Wano so I guess he keeps Orochi as Shogun...if the WG would know a powerful country like Wano is ruled by pirates they would attack them while like this he can do his business and let Orochi play his little games (as long as he gets what she wants ofc)
Or it can be that they're rly friends lol

Why fight his samurais when they already help with his interest. Kaido is a businessman. Unless Orochi messes with his business he doesn't care. Just like Law was trying to mess up Doffy end of the deal so Kaido would come for him.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
He doesnt even Need to look around. Tell one of his trusted persons to do that. Put someone like jack there, or even someone more under. I cant imagine that Kaido thinks orochi is more trustworthy than anyone else in his Crew. Orochi is a snake and as Long as kaido knows him, he was not the slightest loyal to anything. Closest to loyal he was to kaido, but only because he knows kaido would just kill him instantly.

There must be something more that makes Kaido sticks to him.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
He said that he doesn't want to know pirates are in Wano so I guess he keeps Orochi as Shogun...if the WG would know a powerful country like Wano is ruled by pirates they would attack them while like this he can do his business and let Orochi play his little games (as long as he gets what she wants ofc)
Or it can be that they're rly friends lol
Why fight his samurais when they already help with his interest. Kaido is a businessman. Unless Orochi messes with his business he doesn't care. Just like Law was trying to mess up Doffy end of the deal so Kaido would come for him.
I didn't word myself properly. It's not so much he keeps him around. Rather, why go through so much trouble for him. I'm thinking back to when Orochi said Kaido would raze the country over his death. That does him no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.