Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 972: I’m Oden and I was Born to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The scabbards are running to the castle now arent they?
And doesnt kaido get held up by asura doji and denjiro
Yes the scabbards running to the castle and Asura and Denjiro probably hold Kaido off for shorttime, then Kaido and his calamity invade the castle and beat up the scabbards(Kinemon said that they get beaten by Kaido force), with Kaido probably tell Momo how foolish is father was.

Why didn’t Kinemon or oden ever use their fire cutting sword abilities against kaido surely the current Kinemon could’ve used it when kaido burnt oden castle with his boro breath instead of running away or depending on Shinobu and the straw hats and oden who is his master should be able to use it to but in the flashback he ran or dogded the fire would’ve been op or great if Kinemon or oden used their fire cutting sword abilities against kaido hope zoro learns it from Kinemon but honestly I like king vs zoro and I like king and his df but no way should king have the ability to use fire it makes no sense same for Sanji what was the point of giving ace or Sabo the mera mera no mi fruit if these guys in op are creating and using fire every time even Sanji turned into ace and had fire all around him when he attacked wadatsumi maybe that was for comedy because of what he suffered during the time skip he named it hell memories but it still doesn’t make sense to give people that’s not ace, Sabo, or akainu the ability to use fire and I don’t like oven being able to cook or heat things up we already have akainu who boiled water at Marineford and surely I can understand if Kinemon or oden can cut fire maybe through their sword slash but they shouldn’t be able to use fire I never liked the idea of Luffy’s red hawk either doesn’t make sense how does rubber and haki somehow make fire not to mention the first time Luffy used it was in the water or sea in fishman island how can someone use a fire attack in water smh but anyways that oden and kaido flashback should’ve been better that distraction and old hag was bs oda could’ve made oden lose fair and square to kaido to attest to kaido strength and eiphet but I guess not smh when we learned about kaido way back in punk hazard dressrosa and zou he was a monster a creature and the man who killed oden and kaido traumatized Kinemon and the scabards but no somehow oda twisted his character through this flashback he didn’t even show kaido being interested in poneglyphs or the one piece it makes no sense but I’m glad this flashback is over I like oden but this flashback was handled poorly when oden came back to Wano and once agin why king can use fire his a devil fruit is a zoan that his nothing to due with fire look at Marco and his zoan surely Marcos blue flames makes sense since he is a Phoenix so I would be ok with Marco using or symbolizing something close to fire or flames but king using fire doesn’t make sense this applies to Luffy, Sanji, Kinemon, and every else who can produce or use fire the only people who should be able to use it are ace, Sabo, and akainu but I’m glad we’re back to the present next chapter looking forward to see jimbei honestly I’m a big fan of Pekom hopefully somehow he survived even though it’s unlikely I want to see Katakuri or cracker but then again we have smoothie and big mom and at this point this fight or war should be straw hats and alliance vs beast pirates I don’t know how they’re gonna take care of big mom and her crew but I’m so hyped though hopefully we can get an explaination of kings devil fruit and his backstory and how tf he’s able to create and use fire

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Why didn’t Kinemon or oden ever use their fire cutting sword abilities against kaido surely the current Kinemon could’ve used it when kaido burnt oden castle with his boro breath instead of running away or depending on Shinobu and the straw hats and oden who is his master should be able to use it to but in the flashback he ran or dogded the fire would’ve been op or great if Kinemon or odenused their fire cutting sword abilities against kaido hope zoro learns it from Kinemon but honestly I like king vs zoro and I like king but no way should king have the ability to use fire it makes no sense same for Sanji what was the point of giving ace or Sabo the mera mera no mi fruit if these guys in op are creating and using fire every time even Sanji turned into ace and had fire all around him when he attacked wadatsumi maybe that was for comedy because of what he suffered during the time skip he named it he’ll memories but it still doesn’t make sense to give people that’s not ace, Sabo, or akainu the ability to use fire and I don’t like oven being able to cook or heat things up we already have akainu who boiled water at Marineford and surely I can understand if Kinemon or oden can cut fire maybe through their sword slash but they shouldn’t be able to use fire I never liked the idea of Luffy’s red hawk either doesn’t make sense how does rubber and haki somehow make fire not to mention the first time Luffy used it was in the water or sea in fish man island how can someone use a fire attack in water smh but anyways that oden and kaido flashback should’ve been better that distraction and old hag was bs oda could’ve made oden lose fair and square to kaido to attest to kaido strength and eiphet but I guess not smh when we learned about kaido way back in punk hazard dressrosa and zou he was a monster a creature and the man who killed oden and kaido traumatized Kinemon and the scabards but no somehow oda twisted his character through this flashback he didn’t even show kaido being interested in poneglyphs or the one piece it makes no sense but I’m glad this flashback is over I like oden but this flashback was handled poorly when oden came back to Wano and once agin why king can use fire his a devil fruit is a zoan that his nothing to due with fire look at Marco and his zoan surely Marcos blue flames makes sense since he is a Phoenix so I would be ok with Marco using or symbolizing something close to fire or flames but king using fire doesn’t make sense this applies to Luffy, Sanji, Kinemon, and every else who can produce or use fire the only people who should be able to use it are ace, Sabo, and akainu but I’m glad we’re back to the present next chapter looking forward to see jimbei honestly I’m a big fan of Pekom hopefully somehow he survived even though it’s unlikely I want to see Katakuri or cracker but then again we have smoothie and big mom and at this point this fight or war should be straw hats and alliance vs beast pirates I don’t know how they’re gonna take care of big mom and her crew but I’m so hyped though hopefully we can get an explaination of kings devil fruit and his backstory and how tf he’s able to create and use fire
Kinemons fire cutting is only a copy of ryumas ability that could cut dragon fire.

We've been saying that for Smoothie, Compote, etc. Like they have no use. Theyre only their for eye candy or if the story gets emotional.
Not even in the slightest the same case here, we know there is more to Toki. In Smoothie and Compote's case people believed and expected they were to be important later in the story. The same could be said to people expecting more from the Sanji x Page One outcome when probably there isn't.

Im really excited to see this flashback in anime version, im sure Toei will put lot of work into this and make it to a perfect flashback, I can even see that Toei get some new news of Oda for the flashback, scenes with he couldn't draw but Toei can draw.

Overall the emotional between the Retainers and Oden and also his adventure with Whitebeard and even the legendary hour. Toei can really make this flashback far better with put very well work for the anime.

Hope they gonna do it very well and I hope we learn more about the retainers.

"I ain't give a shit"
Post automatically merged:

Haven't read the chapter yet and don't plan to until better translations come out. I refuse to read it in poor quality.

But I'm commenting because I couldn't help but notice people bringing up prophecies, destiny and even comparing this to Naruto.....??? if you're claiming that this is the same or that Oda is saying that Luffy is a chosen one, then you are very confused.

The reason people complained about Naruto back then wasn't because it had themes of destiny and prophecy. It was because it set up the thematic idea of fighting against those concepts only to reveal the that protagonist was fulfilling a destiny the entire time. It contradicted itself. That was the problem. Or atleast thats how things are perceived. In Naruto, Naruto was always destined for greatness. Such is not the same for Luffy.

Oden isn't even claiming that Luffy specifically is the chosen one. Oden, Roger, and people like them who are waiting for the Dawn just believe that someone will come along. It could literally be anyone. Which is no different than saying that someone will go to Walmart today. Or that someone will go to McDonalds and order a Big Mac :rolleyes:. It's such a general statement that calling it "destiny" when someone actually shows up is fucking silly. It was bound to happen anyway.

And thats the difference between the two series. They're making two completely different comments on Destiny. Blackbeard and the Blackbeard Pirates are the only ones who genuinely believe that fate has decided everything already. That destiny is predetermined. But Luffy represents the opposite. And this is clearly represented for us as one of the themes of Luffy vs Katakuri. At the start of the fight it's asked "Who decides the Future?" at the end of the fight we have the answer. Luffy the Man of Action succeeds over the man who can merely see the Future. As Bege points out for us "Everyone has the power to change the Future". He who takes action is the one who decides the future. And so Luffy, by constantly taking action, is actively creating his destiny. He wasn't born to be Pirate King. But by constantly taking action he's actively turning himself into the only man who could be Pirate King. He wasn't chosen by fate. He chose himself. And through sheer force of will he continues to turn himself into the man he wants to be. Thats the difference between what Blackbeard believes and Luffy represents and what One Piece is ultimately saying about fate & destiny.

One the otherhand, in the eyes of many readers, Naruto was seemingly trying to make a comment of fighting destiny and failed. Thats where the criticism came from.

Whereas One Piece is ultimately leading to a clash of self-made destiny(Luffy) VS predetermined fate(Blackbeard).
Redx coming in clutch as always

MVP :josad:

Why is everybody forgetting that alongside Kaido there is still Big Mom who needs to be taken down

All these theories about team fight against Kaido based on the idea that all strong members (meaning Luffy, Kid, law) will team up against Kaido, which would have sense if Big Mom wasn't there but since Big Mom is in Wano the idea of team fight is dead. Do you really believe that all strong members will fight against Kaido and Big Mom will fight against Fodders? You need two crews with strong enough Capitans to take down both Big Mom and Kaido, and we have Luffy vs Kaido and Kid vs Big Mom. Kid vs Big Mom was build up since Fishermen island arc where we find out that Kid attacked totoland and destroyed two of Big Mom's ships and in Wano we find out that Kid also wounded/scarred one of her camanders. Both Kaido and Big will go down in 1v1 fights whether you like it or not.

This is the arc in which we will find out to why Luffy is so important, to why Luffy is the next JoyBoy and most importantly to why he's the chosen one, there's no way that in this important moment for the MC he will take down the antagonist in team fight.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Why are everybody forgetting that alongside Kaido there is still Big Mom who needs to be taken down

All these theories about team fight against Kaido based on the idea that all strong members (meaning Luffy, Kid, law) will team up against Kaido, which would have sense if Big Mom wasn't there but since Big Mom is in Wano the idea of team fight is dead. Do you really believe that all strong members will fight against Kaido and Big Mom will fight against Fodders? You need two crews with strong enough Capitans to take down both Big Mom and Kaido, and we have Luffy vs Kaido and Kid vs Big Mom. Kid vs Big Mom was build up since Fishermen island arc where we find out that Kid attacked totoland and destroyed two of Big Mom's ships and in Wano we find out that Kid also wounded/scarred one of her camanders. Both Kaido and Big will go down in 1v1 fights whether you like it or not.
Lmfao the guy bitching on other peoples opinion says memes gonna lose 1 vs 1 to kidd

Status
Not open for further replies.