Questions & Mysteries Shanks is One Piece's most complex character Season Final (Why is Shanks a villain?)

Welcome to the final season!!!!
Season 1
You may have heard some of these reasons many times
I hope you don't hate me for this theory...I'm just trying to predict Shanks...I apologize if it upsets you
1_shanks initial design
Other friends say Shanks is like the Mafia.....I agree with them
strong world...I was able to find this design

Now I want to give an irrational reason....Similarity of Shanks and Yamato vivrecard

2_ace!
If Shanks has Roger's heir, why did Roger say that?
Didn't Roger trust Shanks?

3_shanks's flag
The similarity of the Shanks flag with baroque works

I do not know what the sword next to the skull means...I think elbaf pirate flag was like that
That's why I think Shanks is the head of a secret organization

Do you think Shanks does not respond to this disrespect?
Why did Oda choose the Shanks flag from among the Yonkos?
I think this is important information...Which shows the fight between Luffy and Shanks

4_Red Haired Pirate Crew
Shanks, Page #172
With new members joining in, this organization continues to expand further in size.
Shanks, like bb, hires a lot of people....What is the real purpose of Shanks?
Becoming a pirate king?
No, I think Shanks has another purpose
I still do not know why he explored all the seas.....I think he was looking for something special

5–Shanks is scary!!
Shanks, Page #173
Key Person: Shanks

The fearsome red hair pirate dubbed as one of the Four Emperors!!
One of the Four Emperors who reigning in the New World
The translation I was able to find
Even at the beginning of the story, Shanks kills easily....Shanks is scarier and wilder than we think.

6_red
The use of a red background is particularly ominous. Among pirates, privateers and naval captains, flying a red flag often meant that no quarter would be given.
Pirates of the Caribbean also used red (I read this in a post about pirates)
Red means violence.....We know Kidd, who is very savage and violent.

7_Shanks fighting style
Does Shanks use the power of Soru(rokushiki)?
We have seen Shanks move at high speed many times (Luffy rescue time And on this page)
He may have learned this ability from Ray or Gandhi
Shanks disappeared four or five years after Roger's death...We have no information about that period....Various things may have happened to Shanks

8_Roger's disease
I always thought Roger's illness was related to Shanks...Shanks wants revenge on roger for rocks

9_Peace
We know that Shanks seeks peace and tranquility...And we all know that Luffy is going to start a big war....Isn't this against Shanks's beliefs?
Roger was calm and only interested in sea voyages....He never wanted to change the world(At least until before his execution)

@PuckTheGreat @Finalbeta @BangMi @Sanji D Goat @minamoto @solis @GrandmasterChef Zonji @MonsterKaido @Ghostly Reflections
@SDfear @Peroroncino @mly90 @Akai2 @Worst @BleakAsh @Hanzo hattori @Tyki_Mikk @Tejas @JyThony ‎@mugiwalaw @Lion of Olympus @stealthblack
@Ssg super suit coby @HAJIKING @zzShinichi @DarkWitch @Nekomamushi @Rayleigh-Sama
@‎Red Dog @Jaguark101 @qwe @RayanOO @rerere @Paperchampion23 @ArturCantSpeakJapanese

Sorry, I tagged you without your permission...This was the last part
Thank you all

Another thing that honestly could be added is the pure fact that for a seemingly altruistic character, Oda draws Shanks with very ominous looks lately, namely:

- The Top 50 character color spreads
- Volume 95
- His looks in Chapters 903 and 907 (towards Luffy and Gorosei)

All of these are seen in my avatar and sig.

But even when he shows Kid and Killer aiming for Shanks' head:

Just very weird, because he never drew Shanks like this pre-timeskip (at least not in a way that makes you think he could have questionable motives.).

On the topic of Volume 95. Shanks is the only Yonko looking away from the reader. The rest of them do not have Luffy's (and the reader's) trust save for Shanks.

Now this doesn't seem weird until you see that he drew Kanjuro and Apoo exactly the same way:

Volume 76:

Chapter 699:

And in these 2 cases, these men betrayed the trust of those who trusted them. Apoo to Kid. Kanjuro to Kinemon.

So....Shanks to Luffy?

That being said, I'm not someone who believes Shanks is EVIL to be evil. He seems to have a good nature about him in places, but there are just things about him that are clearly off (much more than described in my post) or allude to odd things about him.

Edit: @mmd, on your 3rd point, I'm not sure if you are aware but @ArturCantSpeakJapanese Has a very interesting theory about Shanks being the leader of the Underworld, which ties into his Yakuza motifs and actually answers why Oda is seemingly keeping the Underworld relevant after Doflamingo (with the Emperor at WCI). Clearly this shadow organization does not go away after Kaido either.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/shanks-is-the-head-of-the-underworld.8947/

One of the coolest twists they present is this:

"Akagami (red hair) is written like this "赤髪" but if you say akagami and write it like this "垢神" it means something like "dirty god" or like "god of filth". akagami no shankusu. What if Red Haired Shanks is also Shanks the Dirty God, the man at the top of the underworld?"

Last edited: