Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Carrot will be the lookout!
Oda has Usopp perform the lookout role at the start of the raid

-Carrot will shine in Wano!
Extremely sidelined and ignored

-She has a good relationship with the strawhats!
below Camie tier familiarity after more than 5 years in the story

-Shining Nakama Action!
Best and only notable Carrot moment is used to highlight the minks and their future Wano contribution as allies instead of being unique appeal, had to be bailed out by Brook
I might have to switch sides, all the signs for nakama were there all along :suresure:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Waribou >>> Larrot, Lamato, Lama, Lomonosuke, Livi
Everyone in this thread would spontaneously combust if the Straw Hats leave Wano having recruited Caribou and absolutely nobody else…as much as I’m looking forward to Yamato hanging around for the rest of the series, even I would have to give Oda his props for finally finding some balls :denzimote:

-Carrot will be the lookout!
Oda has Usopp perform the lookout role at the start of the raid

-Carrot will shine in Wano!
Extremely sidelined and ignored

-She has a good relationship with the strawhats!
below Camie tier familiarity after more than 5 years in the story

-Shining Nakama Action!
Best and only notable Carrot moment is used to highlight the minks and their future Wano contribution as allies instead of being unique appeal, had to be bailed out by Brook
I might have to switch sides, all the signs for nakama were there all along :suresure:
- A lot of wrong things here. Yes we thought that Carrot would shine in Wano but remember What I said this morning, this chapter setup a moment for Carrot soon.

- Carrot is not below Camie, that is an invention. Carrot has a relationship with Nami and Chopper like no other character ever has. She also bonded with Brook, and Sanji heavily. That is unique in One Piece for a "background character" Prince and princess excluded.

- The nakama shining action of Carrot was indeed here to show what the mink were capable of. But the actual outlining of the chapter was specifically done to let Carrot completely Shine. This can be seen by the choice of compositions, the looks of the character regarding Carrot, the comments of the characters, the choice of Panneling, the actions of Carrot and the design itself.

If you want the same deconstruction of composition that I made for the Carrot panel, wait a bit longer, I intend to write an entire article with composition analysis on my blog in the future.

Yes, all the sign are redlighning Carrot and thus despite her current absence in the story.

I guess plot for opening wano is start moving.

As we all know yamato really loves oden to the point she dress like him, taking his identity, his dream, his responsibility. She always saying she will open wano and going out to the sea

On the other hand, kaido gave her the hard fact that the fruit she ate is wano guardian fruit. The ooguchi no makami. Kaido demand her to protect wano for him. obviously she decline that because she wants to open wano, to free wano, and then she wants to leave.

Last chapter, the rightful heir of kozuki is worrying the outcome of opening wano. Momo does not want to open it because it endangered his people. He has zunisha, he has all of his retainer, all wano samurai, wano people already met minks people. Yet he is still afraid.

Side note: Anyway it gives the idea why ancient kozuki shut wano instead of never shut it and always protecting it

Yamato plot is always stick with opening wano. Before this chapter everyone seems support the idea. But now the conflicting idea come up.

Wano will be opened is obvious to me. But not that simple. I always question these for years like how? why? what happens next? when? why now? And this chapter reminds me of the problem of opening wano

Momo is lacking some information from raftel to open wano. To my understanding, it's the make or break point for yamato joining the SHs. There's a lot of possible cases of decision but here is some of it

- yamato will say, dont be such a wimp. Man up. It is your father's dream you must open it.

- yamato will say she will come with luffy to get the wano information from raftel. Until then wano is remain closed

- yamato will stay and protect wano while wait for luffy comeback from raftel with info. Open wano. Then she will going out to the sea with luffy

- yamato and momo will wait for luffy to collect all road poneglyph. Then momo and yamato follow luffy to raftel. Open wano

I know some of you will say yamato wont stay as guardian and she will leave with luffy. But last chapter has the first conflicting idea of opening wano coming from kozuki momonosuke himself. Moreover oda write it narratively that ooguchi no magami is the guardian of wano. Not just another reference of real world myth. I would not say this if it's just a reference. Maybe she will be taking the magami's responsibility too just like she taking oden's responsibility

Idk the way oda design momo and yamato is symbolically perfect to be together. Momo has the face and authority. It looks like grown up momo look like oden. He has dragon form like kaido. Yamato has the power. Oden was born strong. Yamato unlock conqueror haki at young age and she has kaido's blood. Both can be oden and kaido at the same time. Some symbolism speculation, maybe ancient kozuki has ooguchi magami as companion too. Maybe its awakening make ringo forever snowy since century or maybe that's just regional weather

Luffy and momo will obviously be most relevant people in the final game. Then there is yamato behind them, suits well with them. She understands luffy. But she also felt momo

Momo made it this far because luffy pushed him. Luffy always give momo the support that his retainer never gave. At whale tree, in udon prison, on rooftop. Imagine if luffy is away, will momo mature enough to lead and make decision? is not something I can say it's on oda's call. It clearly easy for oda to make hiyori to be momo's support later. But onscreen it always luffy and yamato. Right now what momo need is emotional support. Now that he demands yamato feedback and answer. That is the important decision for yamato future

I wonder what the next cope will be when Yamato doesn't put a pacifier in Momo's mouth and handle his fears for him.

As we all know yamato really loves oden to the point she dress like him, taking his identity, his dream, his responsibility. She always saying she will open wano and going out to the sea

On the other hand, kaido gave her the hard fact that the fruit she ate is wano guardian fruit. The ooguchi no makami. Kaido demand her to protect wano for him. obviously she decline that because she wants to open wano, to free wano, and then she wants to leave.

Last chapter, the rightful heir of kozuki is worrying the outcome of opening wano. Momo does not want to open it because it endangered his people. He has zunisha, he has all of his retainer, all wano samurai, wano people already met minks people. Yet he is still afraid.

Side note: Anyway it gives the idea why ancient kozuki shut wano instead of never shut it and always protecting it

Yamato plot is always stick with opening wano. Before this chapter everyone seems support the idea. But now the conflicting idea come up.

Wano will be opened is obvious to me. But not that simple. I always question these for years like how? why? what happens next? when? why now? And this chapter reminds me of the problem of opening wano

Momo is lacking some information from raftel to open wano. To my understanding, it's the make or break point for yamato joining the SHs. There's a lot of possible cases of decision but here is some of it

- yamato will say, dont be such a wimp. Man up. It is your father's dream you must open it.

- yamato will say she will come with luffy to get the wano information from raftel. Until then wano is remain closed

- yamato will stay and protect wano while wait for luffy comeback from raftel with info. Open wano. Then she will going out to the sea with luffy

- yamato and momo will wait for luffy to collect all road poneglyph. Then momo and yamato follow luffy to raftel. Open wano

I know some of you will say yamato wont stay as guardian and she will leave with luffy. But last chapter has the first conflicting idea of opening wano coming from kozuki momonosuke himself. Moreover oda write it narratively that ooguchi no magami is the guardian of wano. Not just another reference of real world myth. I would not say this if it's just a reference. Maybe she will be taking the magami's responsibility too just like she taking oden's responsibility

Idk the way oda design momo and yamato is symbolically perfect to be together. Momo has the face and authority. It looks like grown up momo look like oden. He has dragon form like kaido. Yamato has the power. Oden was born strong. Yamato unlock conqueror haki at young age and she has kaido's blood. Both can be oden and kaido at the same time. Some symbolism speculation, maybe ancient kozuki has ooguchi magami as companion too. Maybe its awakening make ringo forever snowy since century or maybe that's just regional weather

Luffy and momo will obviously be most relevant people in the final game. Then there is yamato behind them, suits well with them. She understands luffy. But she also felt momo

Momo made it this far because luffy pushed him. Luffy always give momo the support that his retainer never gave. At whale tree, in udon prison, on rooftop. Imagine if luffy is away, will momo mature enough to lead and make decision? is not something I can say it's on oda's call. It clearly easy for oda to make hiyori to be momo's support later. But onscreen it always luffy and yamato. Right now what momo need is emotional support. Now that he demands yamato feedback and answer. That is the important decision for yamato future
What mentality is that. Because a parent helps you and guide you face your fear doesn't mean you are not worthy. This is not surprising coming from this forum, but come on.

Being afraid is human, it's not "being a wimp" allthemore when you have 8, you age to 28 and you are shouldering the world on your shoulder.

What with the toxic mentality here ?

What mentality is that. Because a parent helps you and guide you face your fear doesn't mean you are not worthy. This is not surprising coming from this forum, but come on.

Being afraid is human, it's not "being a wimp" allthemore when you have 8, you age to 28 and you are shouldering the world on your shoulder.

What with the toxic mentality here ?
I know the first list is toxic mentality. But that's what the world would demand him to be moreover he is grown up. The first one is when luffy expect momo to speak at whale tree.

That's why I add momo in need of emotional support on the last paragraph. Lol

Seatonnes

waiting for Marvel Rivals
Everyone in this thread would spontaneously combust if the Straw Hats leave Wano having recruited Caribou and absolutely nobody else…as much as I’m looking forward to Yamato hanging around for the rest of the series, even I would have to give Oda his props for finally finding some balls :denzimote:
Caribou is 100% leaving wano on the sunny

That has nothing to do with the job of a look out. Not even a sentry.
Post automatically merged:

The thing is. Carrot's journey is not only about adventure it's about carefreeness and wonders. Things that can only be seen with a carefree captain like Luffy. Nothing that Carrot has experienced would be possible with any other crew. The strawhats are build for Carrot and Carrot is build for the strawhat.

The same can't be said for Yamato.

Yamato is being built as a SH and that's factual.

SH's are built for Carrot and Carrot is built for the SH's? That's gotta the be the funniest headcanon I've ever seen, she is just a side character and nothing more than that. She was only created to be overshadowed by her seniors, Neko and Inu and that's exactly what happened to her in the Raid.

lol Perona is making little baby ghost with Mihawk, don't worry for her

Carrot has a dynamic, with the crew and Luffy. Yamato doesn't have that dynamic. Luffy doesn't care much about her yet and she has no dynamic with the crew. She indeed has a good personnality, a moral pillar and what look like a dream, but she still lack the most important thing, a post, something that would make her needed on the Sunny, something she is good at.

And that.. is nowhere to be seen right now.
Larrot has 0 dynamic with the crew, she is just a cheerleader 99% of the time and the SH's have almost 0 meaningful interactions with her in Wano. Yamato has a better dynamic with Luffy than anything Larrot has ever achieved with her time being next to the SH's. Luffy entrusted Momo to Yamato, that's alot of care and trust going into a decision like that and he did it without hesitation, I wonder why?

Being useful on the Sunny was never requirement to be on the crew, Luffy didn't know Chopper was a doctor, he just recruited him because he liked a cool talking reindeer.

I understand what you're saying, I said the same thing yesterday that Momo questioning opening Wano is make or break for her character.

The points you brought up are interesting but I feel like the staying with Momo deal still doesn't make sense even if Momo brought up that conversation with Yamato. Making Yamato stay in Wano with Momo would be kinda pointless. You say she will wait in Wano then only go sail the seas with Luffy after he comes back with the information that will convince Momo to open the borders. If that's the case wouldn't it be better to write it so that Yamato goes with them instead of staying because she will sail with Luffy after Laugh Tale as a *SH? It doesn't make much of a difference in power if she isn't there considering who Momo is currently allied with. You say Momo and Yamato will wait for Luffy to find the Poneglyfs then go with him for Laugh Tale, I think it's more plausible that after the Raid, Yamato and Momo will still set sail with Luffy to find the Poneglyfs then go to Laugh Tale but Momo needs to tie up loose ends first before he will be able to set sail and I think that's almost impossible because of what his been declaring all this time throughout Wano. I can say all this then the plot point of "Do we need the borders to open now, should it be opened?" can be solved by Yamato telling Momo to stop being scared and questioning your father's judgement and just opening the borders by any means necessary just like Luffy tried to instill courage and bravery in Momo on the Rooftop and Yamato took note of that.

The Guardian Deity of Wano still doesn't sit right with me, it's been brought up only 1 time with Yamato by her father. Who knows, maybe Kaido only created this title to keep Yamato in Wano. The reason I say this is why isn't there any other fruit mentioned that has the similar title as Yamato's? Why is it only her fruit? Kaido said that he had a hard time obtaining the fruit in the first place which means it still has the exact same properties as any other devil fruit, it can Spawn anywhere in the world. So a "Guardian Deity of Wano" fruit spawns everywhere and not in Wano. What if the explanation of Devil Fruit leads to them being artificial/man-made? If that's the case why does it still spawn everywhere in the world but not in Wano for 800 years? That empty title is irrelevant right now, it hasn't been brought up for about 24 chapters now, it was only relevant for 1 chapter in 1 panel.

The only thing I know now is at least the question involving Yamato leaving has been brought up now directly by Momo. This will be crucial in the coming Chapters.

Last edited:
- A lot of wrong things here. Yes we thought that Carrot would shine in Wano but remember What I said this morning, this chapter setup a moment for Carrot soon.

- Carrot is not below Camie, that is an invention. Carrot has a relationship with Nami and Chopper like no other character ever has. She also bonded with Brook, and Sanji heavily. That is unique in One Piece for a "background character" Prince and princess excluded.

- The nakama shining action of Carrot was indeed here to show what the mink were capable of. But the actual outlining of the chapter was specifically done to let Carrot completely Shine. This can be seen by the choice of compositions, the looks of the character regarding Carrot, the comments of the characters, the choice of Panneling, the actions of Carrot and the design itself.

If you want the same deconstruction of composition that I made for the Carrot panel, wait a bit longer, I intend to write an entire article with composition analysis on my blog in the future.

Yes, all the sign are redlighning Carrot and thus despite her current absence in the story.
I agree carrot will shine a lot. Back on Zou where she belongs

SH's are built for Carrot and Carrot is built for the SH's? That's gotta the be the funniest headcanon I've ever seen, she is just a side character and nothing more than that. She was only created to be overshadowed by her seniors, Neko and Inu and that's exactly what happened to her in the Raid.

Larrot has 0 dynamic with the crew, she is just a cheerleader 99% of the time and the SH's have almost 0 meaningful interactions with her in Wano. Yamato has a better dynamic with Luffy than anything Larrot has ever achieved with her time being next to the SH's. Luffy entrusted Momo to Yamato, that's alot of care and trust going into a decision like that and he did it without hesitation, I wonder why?

Being useful on the Sunny was never requirement to be on the crew, Luffy didn't know Chopper was a doctor, he just recruited him because he liked a cool talking reindeer.
not gonna lie I laughed a lot when he said “Straw Hats are built for Carrot” LMAO, the main characters of the manga, are built for literal nobody whom he thinks is more of main character; while Larrot literally has 0 connections to at least 1 Luffy’s brothers. It’s like saying that Larrot is the main character and Luffy is made for her LMAO.

and also Robin’s role to be an archaeologist/poneglyph reader was revealed near the end of Alabasta arc. Luffy didn’t know nor care what role Robin is, Luffy just knew that Robin is not a bad guy that’s why Luffy accepted her into the crew.

The sane & reasonable Carrot fans currently only like Carrot because of her cuteness. Nothing else. That’s why they left the train of Carrot being a nakama. Only one specific banned user has some trouble in his brain to think that Carrot has more chance than Yamato.

Last edited:
not gonna lie I laughed a lot when he said “Straw Hats are built for Carrot” LMAO, the main characters of the manga, are built for literal nobody.

and also Robin’s role to be an archaeologist/poneglyph reader was revealed near the end of Alabasta arc. Luffy didn’t know nor care what role Robin is, Luffy just knew that Robin is not a bad guy that’s why Luffy accepted her into the crew.

The sane & reasonable Carrot fans currently only like Carrot because of her cuteness. Nothing else. That’s why they left the train of Carrot being a nakama. Only one specific banned user has some trouble in his brain to think that Carrot has more chance than Yamato.
Carrot4nakama excuse is this

Carrot does not need to have a main antagonist like the rest of the strawhats
Carrot does not need superbly detail backstory like the rest of crew
Carrot does not need to have highlight moments of her importance as a character throughout wano. You can look back whole cake island arc for that
Carrot does not need 1v1 conversation with Luffy about her own personal desires
Carrot can get story centric arc center in the next arc
Carrot will be stowaway on the sunny
Just you wait carrot will do something in the future
is okay for Carrot fight to be completely skip over despite the fact strawhats and their alliance dealing there first defeat of two Yonko
Carrot was curious about the giants in the bathtub with Nami in whole cake island.
Pedro talks about moving forward when she defeated perospero

The only things she can have history half of strawhats, role, next arc it might be about her, and she look like cute lola bunny look alike. She might end up fighting against redundant fight that has already been dealt with in the past arc.

Carrot does not need to have highlight moments of her importance as a character throughout wano. You can look back whole cake island arc for that
is okay for Carrot fight to be completely skip over despite the fact strawhats and their alliance dealing there first defeat of two Yonko
Carrot was curious about the giants in the bathtub with Nami in whole cake island.
Pedro talks about moving forward when she defeat pedro.

The only things she can have history half of strawhats, role, next arc it might be about her, and she look like cute lola bunny look alike. She might end up fighting against redundant fight that has already been dealt with in the past arc.
Believe me, he will deny what he said and say: “I NEVER said anything like that. I never said having main antagonist is not important, etc. etc.”

While in the last few months his posts about that are still there. And if we ask why Carrot doesn’t need all of those, he will answer with more mental gymnastics.

even a newborn baby has better reasonings & explanations than him. That’s why the sane ones left and don’t want to be acknowledged as dumb as he is.

No that's not factual. If that was factual, Yamato would have a dynamic with the crew, with Luffy and a post. Those are undeniably missing. Yamato spent 10 minutes top with Luffy. Carrot spent 4+ week with him and the others. This is incomparable and Oda knows that.

Yes, the strawhats are build for Carrot or rather, they are build to welcome someone like Carrot. Their dynamic proves it and the relation between Chopper and Carrot proves it.

Carrot is overshadow by no one in the mink tribe. Even until today with her lack development she has been portrayed as THE protagonist amonst the Minks while her master were depicted as scabbards. If you think that in a story you can just forget everything that happened to fit your narrative, you should reread One Piece.

You want to talk about manga fact, those are manga facts.

Larrot has 0 dynamic with the crew, she is just a cheerleader 99% of the time
This is utterly and completely false and the manga proves it, therefore I don't need to make any more comment about that. Such invention is not worth my time.

[...] and the SH's have almost 0 meaningful interactions with her in Wano. Yamato has a better dynamic with Luffy than anything Larrot has ever achieved with her time being next to the SH's. Luffy entrusted Momo to Yamato, that's alot of care and trust going into a decision like that and he did it without hesitation, I wonder why?
Like I said previously, if you think this is logical to compare a 5 minute relationship with a 3+ week one, you might be
wise to reconsider your point of view on the story. Luffy entrusted Momo to Yamato because she is strong just like he would trust any strong ally to take care of him (Law / Kinemon etc.)

It's not required by Luffy, it's required by the story. Without a post, a strawhats lack the dynamic proposed by Oda through the place on the Sunny. Without a post, Oda can't make a shining mugiwara action and therefore put the cahracter into perspective in something else than his attitude. Without a post, Oda can't make a strawhat shine in relation to the sea. Even Oden had a post. Yamato has none.

I understand what you're saying, I said the same thing yesterday that Momo questioning opening Wano is make or break for her character.

The points you brought up are interesting but I feel like the staying with Momo deal still doesn't make sense even if Momo brought up that conversation with Yamato. Making Yamato stay in Wano with Momo would be kinda pointless. You say she will wait in Wano then only go sail the seas with Luffy after he comes back with the information that will convince Momo to open the borders. If that's the case wouldn't it be better to write it so that Yamato goes with them instead of staying because she will sail with Luffy after Laugh Tale as a *SH? It doesn't make much of a difference in power if she isn't there considering who Momo is currently allied with. You say Momo and Yamato will wait for Luffy to find the Poneglyfs then go with him for Laugh Tale, I think it's more plausible that after the Raid, Yamato and Momo will still set sail with Luffy to find the Poneglyfs then go to Laugh Tale but Momo needs to tie up loose ends first before he will be able to set sail and I think that's almost impossible because of what his been declaring all this time throughout Wano. I can say all this then the plot point of "Do we need the borders to open now, should it be opened?" can be solved by Yamato telling Momo to stop being scared and questioning your father's judgement and just opening the borders by any means necessary just like Luffy tried to instill courage and bravery in Momo on the Rooftop and Yamato took note of that.

The Guardian Deity of Wano still doesn't sit right with me, it's been brought up only 1 time with Yamato by her father. Who knows, maybe Kaido only created this title to keep Yamato in Wano. The reason I say this is why isn't there any other fruit mentioned that has the similar title as Yamato's? Why is it only her fruit? Kaido said that he had a hard time obtaining the fruit in the first place which means it still has the exact same properties as any other devil fruit, it can Spawn anywhere in the world. So a "Guardian Deity of Wano" fruit spawns everywhere and not in Wano. What if the explanation of Devil Fruit leads to them being artificial/man-made? If that's the case why does it still spawn everywhere in the world but not in Wano for 800 years? That empty title is irrelevant right now, it hasn't been brought up for about 24 chapters now, it was only relevant for 1 chapter in 1 panel.

The only thing I know now is at least the question involving Yamato leaving has been brought up now directly by Momo. This will be crucial in the coming Chapters.
The guardian deity of Wano not only has been brought up by Kaido, but by a lot of characters regarding Luffy and Yamato. Making a clear parrallel between the two. Yamato staying would completely make sence in regard to what is happening in the story right now. Momo needs guidance, he needs someone who will be able to guide him through the tough choices he will have to make in the future.

That is precisely what those panel in 1041 are all about. Oda is preparing Yamato, not only as Wano's guardian, but Momo's councellor.

I agree carrot will shine a lot. Back on Zou where she belongs
Give me three reasons why Carrot would want to go back to Zou after what she lived with the strawhats. I'm talking about those kind of stuff:

Pedro talks about moving forward when she defeated perospero

- Wrong Carrot needs an antagonist and after reflexion, I think Perospero was exactly that
- Right, Carrot does not need a backstory. Not when all the content delivered by usual backstory is developped precisely in real time.
- Wrong. Carrot needs an highlight moment, but she does not need them right now to join. She had enough highlights in whole cake during two chapters. Nothing more is narratively required for Carrot to join. But more is required for Carrot to be recruited (if you would care to pay attention to what I am saying you would understand the difference) it would mean 2 or three chapters of development, that can perfectly happen after Wano (but something tells me that a moment is coming.. soon)
- Wrong. Carrot do indeed need a 1v1 conversation with Luffy or rather an interaction with him, but like many strawhats, this interaction can happen anywhere between now and the moment Carrot is recruited (not joining) meaning between now and the end of the next arc.
- Right.. and wrong. Jinbe and Franky didn't get a centric arc, therefore the fact that the strawhat should have dedicated arcs in the story is a missconception. What the strawhats needs is a moment of focus like the flashbacks of Jinbe or the flashback of Franky. But like I said, this can happen in real time for Carrot, so it will more likely taking the form of a real time action development.
- Right, Carrot will join through being a stowaway, now I don't think she will be recruited that way.. I expect Oda to do something different for that part
- Right, Carrot will do something in the future, it's like.. writings on a tablets right now
- Right, it's okay for Carrot to be skipped over during this arc as she had enough shining action and development on whole cake to join the crew. That's said, it's not enough to be recruited, that's why you can expect Carrot to be heavily focused on either during the end of Wano or the next arc.
- Right, Carrot was curious about the giant in the next arc. This was an actual setup. Congratulation, you found one.
- Right, Pedro talked about moving forward. Which ties exactly with what any moral pillar said to all the strawhats. So Pedro ties perfectly with that pattern.

Take note that I highlighted for you both words "recruited" and "join". This is done in order for you two clearly understand the difference between the two. Because if you can't understand the difference, you will never be able to understand what I'm writing.

Believe me, he will deny what he said and say: “I NEVER said anything like that. I never said having main antagonist is not important, etc. etc.”

While in the last few months his posts about that are still there. And if we ask why Carrot doesn’t need all of those, he will answer with more mental gymnastics.

even a newborn baby has better reasonings & explanations than him. That’s why the sane ones left and don’t want to be acknowledged as dumb as he is.
More provocation, no need to comment this.

Give me three reasons why Carrot would want to go back to Zou after what she lived with the strawhats. I'm talking about those kind of stuff:

It’s not about what she wants it’s about what’s gonna happen. Vivi wanted to keep sailing with Luffy but didn’t. You say Yamato isn’t gonna join cuz she is the guardian of wano but she wants to join.
but here you have 3 reasons why she won’t join the strawhats
1) She doesn’t fit as a member and she‘s irrelevant
2) she is not strong enough and she is irrelevant
3) and did I say she is irrelevant?

It’s not about what she wants it’s about what’s gonna happen. Vivi wanted to keep sailing with Luffy but didn’t. You say Yamato isn’t gonna join cuz she is the guardian of wano but she wants to join.
but here you have 3 reasons why she won’t join the strawhats
1) She doesn’t fit as a member and she‘s irrelevant
2) she is not strong enough and she is irrelevant
3) and did I say she is irrelevant?
You start from a invented point stating that Carrot is somehow irrelevant. If Carrot is indeed not present in the wano too much, she is the secondary character with the most powerful treatment after the princes and princesses & their siblings which are arc characters (Yamato included, because yes.. Narratively, Yamato is presented like any other prince and princesses, she is the Oni princess and the clear parrallism of Momo). So yeah, Carrot has a place that no other character ever had in term of dynamic with the crew, relationship with the crew, impact on the story, treatment and outlining, and creation design.

Carrot is unique in that regard. So she is the opposite of irrelevant. Her presence only shows that Wano is not her story, it negates nothing about everything I just said. To point everything into perspective in a way you can clearly understand. Carrot even has a better dynamic with the crew, a better treatment and a better character design choices (from design to symbolism to character) than any member of the straw hat fleet.

Your reasons are therefore irrelevant.

Carrot will join the crew, it's time to accept the reality.

what is carrot's dream again? and I don't want no headcanon. What is her stated dream?
We have yet to see Carrot's dream. But we have enough evidence and setup to theorize it without falling into the headcanon territory. Right now Carrot only wants adventure, hers isn't finished yet. At the end of it, her dream will most likely evolved in relation to the words of Pedro.

You have to understand that Carrot is a cahracter in complementarity with Jinbe, this is no surprise that you can see both of them on the sidecover of volume 88 and taht Oda choose to make both Shining Nakama action one after the other. Starting from that point, you can expect Carrot's dream to be very similar to Jinbe's but in a different way.

The minks are oppressed by the world gouvernement, you can therefore expect Carrot to direct her dream toward the salvation for her people.

You start from a invented point stating that Carrot is somehow irrelevant. If Carrot is indeed not present in the wano too much, she is the secondary character with the most powerful treatment after the princes and princesses & their siblings which are arc characters (Yamato included, because yes.. Narratively, Yamato is presented like any other prince and princesses, she is the Oni princess and the clear parrallism of Momo). So yeah, Carrot has a place that no other character ever had in term of dynamic with the crew, relationship with the crew, impact on the story, treatment and outlining, and creation design.

Carrot is unique in that regard. So she is the opposite of irrelevant. Her presence only shows that Wano is not her story, it negates nothing about everything I just said. To point everything into perspective in a way you can clearly understand. Carrot even has a better dynamic with the crew, a better treatment and a better character design choices (from design to symbolism to character) than any member of the straw hat fleet.

Your reasons are therefore irrelevant.

Carrot will join the crew, it's time to accept the reality.

We have yet to see Carrot's dream. But we have enough evidence and setup to theorize it without falling into the headcanon territory. Right now Carrot only wants adventure, hers isn't finished yet. At the end of it, her dream will most likely evolved in relation to the words of Pedro.

You have to understand that Carrot is a cahracter in complementarity with Jinbe, this is no surprise that you can see both of them on the sidecover of volume 88 and taht Oda choose to make both Shining Nakama action one after the other. Starting from that point, you can expect Carrot's dream to be very similar to Jinbe's but in a different way.

The minks are oppressed by the world gouvernement, you can therefore expect Carrot to direct her dream toward the salvation for her people.
Dude we got Jinbe's dreams and aspirations very early in his character arc. Carrot has been part of the cast for over 200 chapters and we still don't know shit about her actual goals

Status
Not open for further replies.