Questions & Mysteries Has anyone read a worse arc than Wano week to week in all of manga/manhwa etc?

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Wano is mostly hated by non Zoro fans. This thing is not impressive.

Zoro obviously had a major impact in this verse whether that's recognized or not. 🤔 in reality Wano simply doesn't deserve the massive hate.

Wano is far from being the worst arc.We had a lot of good and epic stuff,it is just that the pacing is awful and Oda killed the tension he built.
Fishman Island,Punk Hazard,Dressrosa,Thriller Bark and Skypia are way worse.

attack on titan final arc
tower of god ... look how bajillion character got introduce :gokulaugh:
the boys by garth ennis ... so bleak :lusalty:
sunabouzu .... so fucking boring
solo leveling but at least they got great arts
n lost lots wuxia manhua that the hero literally mary stu on streroid

wano bad because of pacing and oda focused too much to side characters but gonna wait if kaido flashback will fix wano

I mean, I love the Chimera Ant arc as much as the next guy, but I can't even imagine how frustrating it must've been on a weekly basis. Especially with how out of nowhere it came.:gokulaugh:

D

Deleted member 863

not saying Wano, but Onigashima specifically has become my worst week-to-week experience reading One Piece. With each passing Chapter the odds of this arc ending in an anticlimactic, unsatisfying way increase. There are loads of unnecessary plotpoints. So many wins for the alliance, and it's all been super easy, peasy. There has been no relevant consequences, no tension and no stakes. There have been no plotlines for the straw hats, we've not received a real Kaido plot yet either. We heard about his plan and he's at like... step 1 to bringing it closer to fullfillment, but that's barely anything. Like in comparison to Crocodile who actually progressed with his plan, actually started the civil war, planted the bombs on the tower and was extremely close to reaching his goal before luffy beat his ass. None of this tension of we need to defeat the villain before he goes through with his villanous plans is present here. We didn't even get proper 1v1s for all SHs and the ones we got were all, with the exception of Black Maria vs Robin, very unfulfilling and disappointing.

If you build up a story arc for 10 years you need to deliver on it. Even if my hopes continue to decrease... i'm still hoping Oda knows how to write a story and that the tide will for once turn in the Villains favour. We're going up against the biggest threat we've ever faced and it's been a cakewalk

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Honestly One Piece didn't attract me lately.

I think Zoro and the Samurai plot represent the main reasons why I'm still following this, and kinda also the battles since I'm a freak for those.