Questions & Mysteries Has anyone read a worse arc than Wano week to week in all of manga/manhwa etc?

hahahaha there's been plenty of worse arcs than wano.

Fishman isalnd and punk hazard
Naruto's Ninja World War 4.
Bleach's Fake Karakura Town and Second half of the quncy blood war.
the joint training arc in My Hero Academia
Edolas and Avatar arcs from fairy tail

@Hanners220 You should know better. Didn't you tell me that you hated Dressrosa and WCI? Then why didn't you drop it?
My first exposure to One Piece was the 4kids dub. I watched that through Alabasta, but then for reasons that I can’t remember I dropped One Piece for years. To be honest, the characters and world just grabbed my attention better than Naruto or Bleach did. I started watching more series on Adult Swim such as Evangelion, FMA ‘03, Ghost in the Shell, Eureka Seven, and Cowboy Bebop. At the time I definitely liked shorter series because the plot was usually more concise.

I did watch Naruto on toonami, but I dropped it after the rescue Sasuke arc (idk if that’s the actual name) because I just didn’t care for Sasuke. Then I didn’t feel like watching the subsequent fillers. I also watched Bleach on adult swim, but once the Soul Society arc was completed I just lost interest. So far I haven’t felt the desire to finish either series. That could very well be my

After like a decade long break from One Piece, I started reading from the beginning again. I only began reading weekly during Dressrosa. I think I may have caught up during the birdcage? Yeah I felt like that was a drag. I definitely enjoyed the beginning of WCI because I think Oda does a much better job of setting up an arc. My least favorite part was the seducing forest and I didn’t enjoy how long Luffy vs Katakuri felt when I read it weekly. I liked WCI much better on my reread. I should reread Dressrosa and see if my opinions have changed regarding the birdcage.

I think authors and content should be criticized because no fictional work is perfect. The purpose of a critique should be objective and constructive as much as possible. I know I am guilty of bringing my own biases to this forum and thread, and I can only work on improving myself and interactions with others.

Anyways Lee, if you read all this props to you!

H

Herrera95

This is the worst arc to be read week by week. And I don't even say watch because Wano Arc is unwatchable because of anime stupid effects and changing history.

I'm not liking much currently Black Clover but is not bad how Wano arc is.

It's certainly not the worst in all of manga, but I do think it is the most tedious of the 3 big post-time skip arcs.

Dressrosa's pacing towards the end was bad, but Doffy was such a great villain that it made it more bearable. It's really only the 2nd half of WCI that falls off, and even that was also bearable because Katakuri was a great antagonist.

Wano doesn't really have anything going for it in that regard since Kaido is so boring and even the fight itself is so plain and repetitive. It seems that a lot of people only care about getting a backstory for him and moving on...and mostly because they want to see other character like Rocks. At this point, one can only hope that Oda finally being able to focus on it will make things better.

I think Wano is just the result of Oda fucking up the first few new world arcs by making them too long
Wano is the result of Oda trying to one up himself by milking the series, adding up as much filler as he can.It is amazing how an author can be revered by milking his series as much as he can.

His press interviews are like: "I am trying to make one piece bigger for all of you.
I just can not help but draw characters LOL"

No wonder he did not pull that stuff during the alabasta arc or he would have been cancelled.

Wano is the result of Oda trying to one up himself by milking the series, adding up as much filler as he can.It is amazing how an author can be revered by milking his series as much as he can.

His press interviews are like: "I am trying to make one piece bigger for all of you.
I just can not help but draw characters LOL"

No wonder he did not pull that stuff during the alabasta arc or he would have been cancelled.
Oda made all of the post skip lead up to wano when irl it should have led up to elbaf(blackbeard) or the final war. Kaido was supposed to be a stepping stone to the real final villains, but Oda invested way too much time into him.

There is absolutely no reason we needed to spend as much time as we did on fishman island - dressrosa

Oda made all of the post skip lead up to wano when irl it should have led up to elbaf(blackbeard) or the final war. Kaido was supposed to be a stepping stone to the real final villains, but Oda invested way too much time into him.

There is absolutely no reason we needed to spend as much time as we did on fishman island - dressrosa
But luffy needed to have his obito moment with bellamy because Oda envies kishimoto

After Aizen was revealed to be evil, Bleach dropped to significantly lower quality than Wano. One page consisted of just 1-2 panel, minimum background if at all, Aizen doing multi-transformation while acting all cool only to get oneshotted by Mugetsu Ichigo, talking about the heart in the space between two people, extremely slow pace in all dialogue making the panels over dramatic without any necessity, overpowered enemies with over-the-top haxxes and especially Juha Bach with all the power in the world being defeated in the final battle...almost without any struggle from the MC.

Naruto starting from Pain Arc until the final war arc. Anything involving Edo Tensei is extremely low quality, sorry. Imagine Nagato literally telling Naruto himself how to beat him, the enemy he was fighting against lol. Bijuu was defeated like building a construction, building a cement etc etc science stuff but without proper emotional investment or proper hype portrayal. The ultimate boss came from nowhere without any build up or reveal twist, she's also didnt have any character trait and just cool and badass without substance or context, the supposedly godly spacetime warper ability was not effective at all against the two heroes...and the battle to end all battles, is a meaningless childish battle the purpose of which is just to find out who's being the most edgiest between the edgy bois, the cursed chosen one edgi boi with unlimited chakra or the chosen one edgi boi with super edginess.

Last edited: