Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All done for ZZK. In fact, Fracky is already carrying Zoro to the roof

You got to give it to Kaido. Even this far into the fight, he's still been holding back. First he was like, "I recognize you, so now I'll use my serious mode.". Now he's like, "oh, you powered up and became faster? Looks like I'll just have to use Future Sight now.". He's probably not even done showing all his cards. Dude is so strong he releases his abilities slowly, otherwise the fight would have been no fun for him.

I think he was always using it.

Best Luffy vs Kaido chapter yet. Pudding looking suspicious like she already made her move. I would give the Vinsmokes a match stick to set the book on fire at night while fireproof with their suits. But the Memo-memo allows for more covert possibilities.

This is how L-osaurus fought in ancient times.:pepehands: To get back up only to get spanked by the same opponent one chapter later when Luffy needed him most. Devastating for Drake, but he may not be quite done. Bowler Hat shows us why he's the chief: 1) Took a stab to the spine and still took on Drake, 2) Climbed to the roof in under a chapter, 3) Caught G4 + FS Luffy, 4) Locked Luffy with Tekkai so he couldn't Over Kong Gun, 5) Avoided Kaido's blow. The extreme commitment of what are essentially the WG's disposable pawns is awesome to see. He knows Kaido is turning him to paste, but he can die knowing he's Employee of the Month.

Kaido's "No Homo" mode might be the scariest of the three. Can't believe it took using Snakeman for Kaido to finally use Future Sight. Questioning how can Luffy use rubber like that before imitating him with his Mythical Zoan could be theorybait, but just comes off as anime logic. Kaido spiraling to the top to blast Luffy through Onigashima. Eating that Over Kong Gun. Kaido is just outstanding this chapter. Apparently Luffy can freely change between G4 forms now, costing him that Sun God juju but necessary so Oda can show Kaido can eat everything G4 + CoC can deliver. His heart breaking over Oden at the edges as he unleashes a clean blow on Luffy is a magnificent double spread to cap off a well choreographed chapter.

The drunk suicidal dragon you thought had no hope somehow manages to lose even more. Kaido and Luffy reenacting Kaido and Oden is great for contextualizing the original scene. The battle wasn't just cut short for time or to hide Kaido's power, Kaido felt the same way about that anti-climactic ending as the readers and it a was a genuine character moment. Kaido said he killed Higurashi for interfering and now we get see the raw emotion that led to that on panel. Too bad it's CP0 on the end of it.

Winners don't make excuses. Kaido taking Luffy's words from 1037 and once again spitting him back in his face. A master of taunts. It's hard to imagine Luffy is actually out and needs his allies to stall Kaido after this mockery. The roof was cleared twice of the Samurai/Supernova and Yamato, who in fairness needed her moment against Kaido, to create a semblance of a 1v1 fight. Luffy is the man seeking to surpass the Yonko, he must do what Oden couldn't do and get back up. G4 remains active and we don't see Luffy's white eyes so there is hope for Kaido's smile. However, a near death state could be necessary for Awakening. All that aside, the momentum of the battle has been interrupted making next chapter an opportune time to cut away.

Kaido really is one of my favorite villains in One Piece, and all these small flashbacks he keeps getting make it feel like this fight is very important for him, maybe even more than it is for Luffy.
And he hasn't even used awakening yet.
As for Luffy and his next power up, it really seems like it's going to be his awakening like everyone is saying, though I'd prefer it if it was something else. It's a good thing the Cp0 boss completed his mission and was able to help defeat Luffy before he was able to do whatever the Gorosei where afraid of. This really was a defeat for Luffy in every front.

Status
Not open for further replies.