Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no world where Oda won't make the strawhats struggle at the end of the serie. The problem.. The only character Yamato is struggling with is a YONKO. Do you really think Oda will make Yamato fight a Yonko level character at the end of the serie ??

What Yamato really want is to live freely. Choosing her own path, being in Wano or on the sea is exactely that. THis is not hard to understand.

Don't forget that the only canon material in the story is the MANGA. Plus yamato is helping my case in that episode. By hammering the fact that she wants to live freely, Toei (and Oda) are showing that the only thing that really count, is not to escape at sea.

It's to choose your own destiny

:gokulaugh:

Yamato said she wanted to leave and set out to sea and she said she was waiting for Luffy in the manga copium user #1

Don't be salty Larrot get 3 minute additional filler while Yamato got a full episode. It makes sense Toei spend more time on a co-main character (Strawhat member) than a shitty little fodder side character.

She's free to choose her own destiny yes that's exactly what the episode and MANGA showed us and she chose to want to go out to sea and live freely like Oden did.

But we're being subverted right

:suresure:

She chose her own path…which is to leave Wano with Luffy like she’s stated in the clearest possible terms on several different occasions…we do agree on one thing, though; this certainly is not hard to understand, so where the fuck do we keep losing you?!
Like real clear as day, she says she wants to leave but he sees leave meaning that's she says want to stay instead

Vivi is very much a character that was shown to be conflicted in choosing between the Straw Hats and Alabasta. If Yamato shows herself to be conflicted like Vivi, then I think I'll see more to the contrary of her staying on Wano with Momo for the rest of her life, but until I see her to be conflicted more, then I think I can think for the time being that she will go out of Wano, possibly with Luffy.
And that's the thing: any scenario for Yamato staying relies entirely on hypotheticals. Sure, I can acknowledge there's a chance Yamato changes her mind, but it's the same as saying there's a chance next chapter Luffy gives up on being Pirate King. We can play the "there's a chance x happens" game until the series ends, but until the text itself shows Yamato changing her mind, there's no real reason to entertain the idea.

And she chooses the sea 🤷‍♀️ so u lose fam
This has yet to happen lol

She chose her own path…which is to leave Wano with Luffy like she’s stated in the clearest possible terms on several different occasions…we do agree on one thing, though; this certainly is not hard to understand, so where the fuck do we keep losing you?!
Leaving Wano is a way to escape her trauma. Not "choosing" her path.

But she says want to leave this crappy island and want to go on Adventure thou what's so hard for u to admit that u lose
Talking about Onigashima ;)

There is nothing lost here, this episode is just hammering what I say since the beginning:

The desire of Yamato is not the see, it's Freedom

Yamato said she wanted to leave and set out to sea and she said she was waiting for Luffy in the manga copium user #1

Don't be salty Larrot get 3 minute additional filler while Yamato got a full episode. It makes sense Toei spend more time on a co-main character (Strawhat member) than a shitty little fodder side character.

She's free to choose her own destiny yes that's exactly what the episode and MANGA showed us and she chose to want to go out to sea and live freely like Oden did.

But we're being subverted right
There will be very surprised people in a few week lol

And that's the thing: any scenario for Yamato staying relies entirely on hypotheticals. Sure, I can acknowledge there's a chance Yamato changes her mind, but it's the same as saying there's a chance next chapter Luffy gives up on being Pirate King. We can play the "there's a chance x happens" game until the series ends, but until the text itself shows Yamato changing her mind, there's no real reason to entertain the idea.
No. It rely on logic, her actions, and the analysis of the storytelling.

I would think it's obvious that the point of having Yamato and Momo both being the inheritors of Oden's will is that Momo is the one who will stay in Wano to be the shogun like Oden, while Yamato will take on his adventuring spirit. Momo is already going to stay since his dream is to be shogun. If both stay (or leave, but I don't see Momo leaving Wano except for the final war) then Yamato has no point as a character. All she will have contributed is giving Momo Oden's logbook, something that Shinobu or one of the other Scabbards who stayed in the past could have done. Yamato adds nothing by being a +1 to the long list of allies and forces that will exist to protect Wano (the Scabbards, the Yakuza, the Samurai, the Ninja, the Ex-Beast Pirates, the Minks, and now Zunesha itself) on top Momo having Kaido's power himself, and there's another layer if Luffy/Momo declare Wano as Straw Hat territory. Yamato is not going to be the one that makes the World Government go "Oh, we can handle all of those other guys (even though just the Samurai themselves were considered enough to stop the WG from interfering), but this one person is the straw that broke the camels back." It's even more glaring since CP0 haven't commented on her at all. The only time she was kind of suggested was when they mentioned the Straw Hats causing problems and leading the charge in the raid and Yamato was included in the panels showing the Straw Hats fighting, but she wasn't brought up by name at all.

It would also be extremely out of character for Oda to have a hero (Momo) stand in the way of someone's dream by asking them to give up something they wanted for decades just so they could stick around because he wants them to. Even more so since the Scabbards already fill the role of being his guides in becoming a shogun and as defenders of Wano and both Yamato and Luffy have been pushing Momo into taking responsibility for handling things on his own without having to rely on them. It's just bad writing to waste panel time by undoing all of the characterization, dreams, and the relationships with those who held her back and those who pushed her forward, just to accomplish none of that because Momo needs another babysitter.

*There were quite a few posts in between this and the discussion on Momo/Yamato staying, so apologies if this seems apropos of nothing.
I find it also hilarious if anybody thinks that Momo will leave and Yamato will stay as shogun. It’s like Oda made Momo aged up for nothing, and Yamato stays as a shogun is an even dumber logic, especially since Yamato is the daughter of Wano’s oppressor for 20 years. It’s like Wano’s residence think “oh okay, let’s make the daughter of our oppressor for 20 years the shogun of this country. She’s strong and she won’t betray us”

Talking about Onigashima ;)

There is nothing lost here, this episode is just hammering what I say since the beginning:

The desire of Yamato is not the see, it's Freedom
"Wanting to go out to sea and go on Adventure"
Post automatically merged:

This has yet to happen lol
Guess we both ain't reading/watching one piece cause idk what else ODA to do for u

There will be very surprised people in a few week lol
You've been saying that for 2 years

:milaugh:

Next time we see Larrot. She's negged.

Oda couldn't be more obvious if he tried.

I want to set out to sea.
I want to live freely as Oden did.
I've been waiting for Luffy.

All these sentences are linked.

Yamato's cure of her trauma is being free not further prisonment clown

:ihaha:

I find it also hilarious if anybody thinks that Momo will leave and Yamato will stay as shogun. It’s like Oda made Momo aged up for nothing, and Yamato stays as a shogun is an even dumber logic, especially since Yamato is the daughter of Wano’s oppressor for 20 years. It’s like Wano’s residence think “oh okay, let’s make the daughter of our oppressor for 20 years the shogun of this country. She’s strong and she won’t betray us”
We've also seen Wano has a problem with accepting outsiders and holding grudges well beyond any rational sense. The Dukes, Kawamatsu, and the Kurozumi family were all victims of this, and it's even partly the reason Wano is in the state it's currently in. The Oni child of the man responsible for their enslavement and starvation is not getting anywhere with the citizens as they currently are. Only someone from Wano (Momo) is going to be able to push them forward.

There is no world where Oda won't make the strawhats struggle at the end of the serie. The problem.. The only character Yamato is struggling with is a YONKO. Do you really think Oda will make Yamato fight a Yonko level character at the end of the serie ??
Jinbe didn’t even struggle when he faced Big Mom. He didn’t show any slightest fear, yet he still joined. So what’s your point?

And if you think that Straw Hats won’t fight Blackbeard at the end of the series where they are the absolute opposite of the Straw Hats, you surely waste too much time making useless blog focusing on irrelevant character.

BB Pirates themselves consist of level 6 Impel Down prisoners. It needs at least bare minimum of logic that even the weakest member of them is even stronger than currently weakest member of Straw Hat.

You've been saying that for 2 years

:milaugh:

Next time we see Larrot. She's negged.

Oda couldn't be more obvious if he tried.

I want to set out to sea.
I want to live freely as Oden did.
I've been waiting for Luffy.

All these sentences are linked.

Yamato's cure of her trauma is being free not further prisonment clown

:ihaha:
And the end of wano is approaching. The Pop corn are already so tasty :pepecafe:

Jinbe didn’t even struggle when he faced Big Mom. He didn’t show any slightest fear, yet he still joined. So what’s your point?
There is a difference between struggle and fear. Luffy is currently struggling against Kaido. Does he fear him ? Not at all.

And if you think that Straw Hats won’t fight Blackbeard at the end of the series where they are the absolute opposite of the Straw Hats, you surely waste too much time making useless blog focusing on irrelevant character.
So you are telling me that there is a Yonko level commander that can make Yamato struggle like she struggled against Kaido ?

For the record, Jinbe did not "struggled" he was ejected in one second Yamato fought kaido for multiple minutes and he didn't go easy on her. (his words)

And the end of wano is approaching. The Pop corn are already so tasty :pepecafe:
Think you've been eating copium not popcorn.

I'm being serious here I think you'll need therapy after all this. I've never seen one delude themselves so badly for the sake of their furry hobby.

:crazwhat:

I bet you've refused to watch the new episode as it single handedly wrecks your narrative and agenda

:kobeha:

Think you've been eating copium not popcorn.

I'm being serious here I think you'll need therapy after all this. I've never seen one delude themselves so badly for the sake of their furry hobby.

:crazwhat:

I bet you've refused to watch the new episode as it single handedly wrecks your narrative and agenda

:kobeha:
Lol, you see how strawhats are sure that Luffy will become the pirate King.

This is how confident I am that Carrot will be the next strawhat ;)

C4N new argument

yAmAtO tO sTrOnG

Larrot is to much of a weak ass fodder to be any use. Who's she going to be her end game material opponent. She'll be demoted to emergency food ration at best.

Lol, you see how strawhats are sure that Luffy will become the pirate King.

This is how confident I am that Carrot will be the next strawhat ;)
You're going to end up like Moria after he got wrecked by Kaido

Never said that. Stop lying please :)

You only think that because you believe that I'm putting my own desires into the mix... that couldn't be farther from the truth.
So you are telling me that there is a Yonko level commander that can make Yamato struggle like she struggled against Kaido ?
You said this :seriously: this is you saying part of your argument is she's to strong.

You're not putting your desires into the mix? Yet you call your Larrot4Nakama and have a wannabe badass Larrot image as your profile picture and you've set up numerous accounts over different forums for the sole purpose of talking about Larrot.

You've created a website about Larrot, written essays so dumb they probably read that shit as torture for prisoners of war and finally you ignore panels to read what you want to see.

I'd have paid good money to have seen your reaction the chapter Larrot got negged off Perospero and the subsequent reaction when you realised Larrot wasn't going to win her only meaningful fight in the series

:gokulaugh:

Yep, this manga has show a conflicted person before, and it can be shown again if it comes to that.

There is a difference between struggle and fear. Luffy is currently struggling against Kaido. Does he fear him ? Not at all.

For the record, Jinbe did not "struggled" he was ejected in one second Yamato fought kaido for multiple minutes and he didn't go easy on her. (his words)
LMAO your argument is exactly the same for anti-Jinbe back then.

“Jinbe is an ex-shichibukai. He’s too strong! He can’t possibly join!”

He still joins.
So? (1)

Zoro also struggled against Kaido, although he could deal damage to him. Yet he’s still in the crew.
So? (2)

You wanna say that Oda needs to make Straw Hats struggle all time and depend on plot armor to save your Lola Bunny cheap copy? Ain’t gonna happen
:mihanha:

LMAO your argument is exactly the same for anti-Jinbe back then.

“Jinbe is an ex-shichibukai. He’s too strong! He can’t possibly join!”

He still joins.
So? (1)

Zoro also struggled against Kaido, although he could deal damage to him. Yet he’s still in the crew.
So? (2)

You wanna say that Oda needs to make Straw Hats struggle all time and depend on plot armor to save your Lola Bunny cheap copy? Ain’t gonna happen
:mihanha:
Not just that This what they also said about jimbei back than.
He is to strong
He is to old for the crew
He will spoil adventure
Fishman island needs him more than luffy
I can't see him on the crew
He is borning
There is better character that is out there
He doesn't have gag like the rest of strawhats
He is to much of mentor figure

Status
Not open for further replies.