Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who will be the shogun of wano btw did u read the story?
There are the 8 possibilities in my mind by order of probability:

1. Momo stays in Wano. Their is no need for the missing information. Momo ask for Yamato to stay to guide him/train him and becomes Shogun. Yamato stays to protect the country
2. Momo leaves to seek out the missing information. He leaves Wano in the hand of Yamato as a Shogun
3. Momo leaves to seek out the missing information. He leaves Wano in the hand of his sister Hiyori and the protection of the country to Yamato
4. Momo stays in Wano. He ask Yamato to sail the sea in order to find out the missing information. Yamato becomes a strawhat and Momo Shogun
5. Momo stays in Wano. He leaves the country to Yamato and start to train by himself
6. Momo stays in Wano. He leaves the country to his sister Hiyori and Yamato start to train him.
7. Momo stays in Wano, He leaves the country to his sister Hiyori start to train and Yamato leave the country.
8. Momo stays in Wano, He becomes Shogun and Yamato leave the country. as you can see, this one is last because the danger of annexion by the WG or another power is too great.

Oof, using a WCI reference against the handful of people who still think it matters…something tells me it won’t be the thing that makes them see reason, but I applaud this absolute slam :cheers:
At any rate, if that scene between Ace and Yamato is declared to be meaningless, then it puts into question if Luffy and Sanji's scene is meaningless too.
Post automatically merged:

This...

Add Nami (asking for help), Robin (EL), Jinbe (with the Sun Pirates)...
Yamato does have quite a few parallels with Sanji now that I think about it.

I would think it's obvious that the point of having Yamato and Momo both being the inheritors of Oden's will is that Momo is the one who will stay in Wano to be the shogun like Oden, while Yamato will take on his adventuring spirit. Momo is already going to stay since his dream is to be shogun. If both stay (or leave, but I don't see Momo leaving Wano except for the final war) then Yamato has no point as a character. All she will have contributed is giving Momo Oden's logbook, something that Shinobu or one of the other Scabbards who stayed in the past could have done. Yamato adds nothing by being a +1 to the long list of allies and forces that will exist to protect Wano (the Scabbards, the Yakuza, the Samurai, the Ninja, the Ex-Beast Pirates, the Minks, and now Zunesha itself) on top Momo having Kaido's power himself, and there's another layer if Luffy/Momo declare Wano as Straw Hat territory. Yamato is not going to be the one that makes the World Government go "Oh, we can handle all of those other guys (even though just the Samurai themselves were considered enough to stop the WG from interfering), but this one person is the straw that broke the camels back." It's even more glaring since CP0 haven't commented on her at all. The only time she was kind of suggested was when they mentioned the Straw Hats causing problems and leading the charge in the raid and Yamato was included in the panels showing the Straw Hats fighting, but she wasn't brought up by name at all.

It would also be extremely out of character for Oda to have a hero (Momo) stand in the way of someone's dream by asking them to give up something they wanted for decades just so they could stick around because he wants them to. Even more so since the Scabbards already fill the role of being his guides in becoming a shogun and as defenders of Wano and both Yamato and Luffy have been pushing Momo into taking responsibility for handling things on his own without having to rely on them. It's just bad writing to waste panel time by undoing all of the characterization, dreams, and the relationships with those who held her back and those who pushed her forward, just to accomplish none of that because Momo needs another babysitter.

*There were quite a few posts in between this and the discussion on Momo/Yamato staying, so apologies if this seems apropos of nothing.

There are the 8 possibilities in my mind by order of probability:

1. Momo stays in Wano. Their is no need for the missing information. Momo ask for Yamato to stay to guide him/train him and becomes Shogun. Yamato stays to protect the country
2. Momo leaves to seek out the missing information. He leaves Wano in the hand of Yamato as a Shogun
3. Momo leaves to seek out the missing information. He leaves Wano in the hand of his sister Hiyori and the protection of the country to Yamato
4. Momo stays in Wano. He ask Yamato to sail the sea in order to find out the missing information. Yamato becomes a strawhat and Momo Shogun
5. Momo stays in Wano. He leaves the country to Yamato and start to train by himself
6. Momo stays in Wano. He leaves the country to his sister Hiyori and Yamato start to train him.
7. Momo stays in Wano, He leaves the country to his sister Hiyori start to train and Yamato leave the country.
8. Momo stays in Wano, He becomes Shogun and Yamato leave the country. as you can see, this one is last because the danger of annexion by the WG or another power is too great.
Thank God u isn't writing one piece also all of those sounds terrible and even after episode 1013 u and the anti-yamato stills think that she wants to stay in wano. Like u dont understand when someone really wants to leave somewhere but I guess if it was carrot u would have post long theory and probabilities

I would think it's obvious that the point of having Yamato and Momo both being the inheritors of Oden's will is that Momo is the one who will stay in Wano to be the shogun like Oden, while Yamato will take on his adventuring spirit. Momo is already going to stay since his dream is to be shogun. If both stay (or leave, but I don't see Momo leaving Wano except for the final war) then Yamato has no point as a character. All she will have contributed is giving Momo Oden's logbook, something that Shinobu or one of the other Scabbards who stayed in the past could have done. Yamato adds nothing by being a +1 to the long list of allies and forces that will exist to protect Wano (the Scabbards, the Yakuza, the Samurai, the Ninja, the Ex-Beast Pirates, the Minks, and now Zunesha itself) on top Momo having Kaido's power himself, and there's another layer if Luffy/Momo declare Wano as Straw Hat territory. Yamato is not going to be the one that makes the World Government go "Oh, we can handle all of those other guys (even though just the Samurai themselves were considered enough to stop the WG from interfering), but this one person is the straw that broke the camels back." It's even more glaring since CP0 haven't commented on her at all. The only time she was kind of suggested was when they mentioned the Straw Hats causing problems and leading the charge in the raid and Yamato was included in the panels showing the Straw Hats fighting, but she wasn't brought up by name at all.

It would also be extremely out of character for Oda to have a hero (Momo) stand in the way of someone's dream by asking them to give up something they wanted for decades just so they could stick around because he wants them to. Even more so since the Scabbards already fill the role of being his guides in becoming a shogun and as defenders of Wano and both Yamato and Luffy have been pushing Momo into taking responsibility for handling things on his own without having to rely on them. It's just bad writing to waste panel time by undoing all of the characterization, dreams, and the relationships with those who held her back and those who pushed her forward, just to accomplish none of that because Momo needs another babysitter.
Vivi is very much a character that was shown to be conflicted in choosing between the Straw Hats and Alabasta. If Yamato shows herself to be conflicted like Vivi, then I think I'll see more to the contrary of her staying on Wano with Momo for the rest of her life, but until I see her to be conflicted more, then I think I can think for the time being that she will go out of Wano, possibly with Luffy.

Even Toei is doing her best to hammer home that Yamato is definitely leaving Wano:myman:
They already know it causes look how every Yamato scene is animated perfectly
Post automatically merged:

Vivi is very much a character that was shown to be conflicted in choosing between the Straw Hats and Alabasta. If Yamato shows herself to be conflicted like Vivi, then I think I'll see more to the contrary of her staying on Wano with Momo for the rest of her life, but until I see her to be conflicted more, then I think I can think for the time being that she will go out of Wano, possibly with Luffy.
So does carrot have?

Last edited:
@CarrotForNakama in the mud after the last episode

Apparently it still helps his case for Larrot when Yamato declares she hates being trapped and wants to set out to sea.

Helps his case when Yamato specifically says she's been waiting for Luffy.

Helps his case when Yamato dreams of the adventures she can have and live freely as Oden did when he went out to sea.

Apparently this all helps the case of a little fodder rabbit called Larrot because Oda is subverting us by having a trash ass character with no story relevance anymore after she got negged by the one person she should have beat

:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:
:ihaha::ihaha:

Larrot stans need help after this latest episode C4N copium levels are going to be through the roof

:risitameh:

@JoSeungHun7335
@Sigran101 @jordin @thedarkdragon11 @Natalija

Last edited:

Apparently it still helps his case for Larrot when Yamato declares she hates being trapped and wants to set out to sea.

Helps his case when Yamato specifically says she's been waiting for Luffy.

Helps his case when Yamato dreams of the adventures she can have and live freely as Oden did when he went out to sea.

Apparently this all helps the case of a little fodder rabbit called Larrot because Oda is subverting us by having a trash ass character with no story relevance anymore after she got negged by the one person she should have beat

:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:
:ihaha::ihaha:

Larrot stans need help after this latest episode C4N copium levels are going to be through the roof

:risitameh:
(1) Friday - DAMN - YouTube

This is the reason why Yamato is the most qualified. Why? Yamato is already strong enough. She doesn’t need that much power up, therefore Oda can focus on Jinbe, Robin, Franky, etc.

The way how Oda showed that Jinbe fought Who’s Who while Sanji fought Queen is pretty obvious, that Oda will most likely power up those who needs it. When Yamato joins, she will most likely be paired with Jinbe, the currently added one who needs the least power ups, so they can have same amount of focus in the next arcs or so; while focusing more on pre-timeskip established crew. Other possibility is that Yamato will share focus with Robin, since we all know Robin is one of the main targets in the crew.

It’s not just about fights, true, but don’t forget that One Piece is manga specifically targeted for boys.
There is no world where Oda won't make the strawhats struggle at the end of the serie. The problem.. The only character Yamato is struggling with is a YONKO. Do you really think Oda will make Yamato fight a Yonko level character at the end of the serie ??

Thank God u isn't writing one piece also all of those sounds terrible and even after episode 1013 u and the anti-yamato stills think that she wants to stay in wano. Like u dont understand when someone really wants to leave somewhere but I guess if it was carrot u would have post long theory and probabilities
What Yamato really want is to live freely. Choosing her own path, being in Wano or on the sea is exactely that. THis is not hard to understand.

Don't forget that the only canon material in the story is the MANGA. Plus yamato is helping my case in that episode. By hammering the fact that she wants to live freely, Toei (and Oda) are showing that the only thing that really count, is not to escape at sea.

It's to choose your own destiny

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
What Yamato really want is to live freely. Choosing her own path, being in Wano or on the sea is exactely that. THis is not hard to understand.
She chose her own path…which is to leave Wano with Luffy like she’s stated in the clearest possible terms on several different occasions…we do agree on one thing, though; this certainly is not hard to understand, so where the fuck do we keep losing you?!

Don't forget that the only canon material in the story is the MANGA. Plus yamato is helping my case in that episode. By hammering the fact that she wants to live freely, Toei (and Oda) are showing that the only thing that really count, is not to escape at sea.

It's to choose your own destiny
But she says want to leave this crappy island and want to go on Adventure thou what's so hard for u to admit that u lose

Status
Not open for further replies.