Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right?! That bath stuff actually bothered me, especially Nami was stripped naked in front of everyone. It was bad enough back at Alabasta and with Bon Clay although it was kinda funny too but here it just feels too much by tihs point.

Yeah it legit is Fairy Tail type stuff, especially with the insane ecchi in this arc in the anime, Toei has been ridiculous for a while but damn! The Shinobu stuff scarred me LMAO!

Hahaha, I remember jokes that he kept designing Namis outfits and had her just wearing a bra and lowcut jeans that revealed her pelvis somewhat so Oda could make his wife dress like that for her cosplays! Definitely something he would do, that absolute opportunity in his hands, that power!

Yeah I remember him saying he wants to travel the world when he's 50 which is less than 3 years from now and I doubt he's gonna be able to do it without a Bleach type rushed to absolute hell, non-ending which I extremely dread too. He really needs to finish OP for his own health sake but also he can actually spend time with his wife and daughters before they grow up too much and most likely move away and get married or at least have busy careers and maybe even leave Japan potentially or at least go to to another city or so? He had his daughters in 2006 and 2009 I believe, so they're what, 16 and 13? He should really focus on spending time with them as much as possible, especially given his prior health issues and what happened with Miura and how this industry destroys people with overworking much like Japan's work ethic/culture in general ofc.

I'd love for him to finish OP on his own terms and not rush it but at the same time, I don't want it being milked and dragged out even more. I just want OP to have a few more satisfying arcs that arent too long especially like Wano but also Dressrosa too ofc.

I really hope Mihawk, Blackbeard and Shanks and their crews get the glory they deserve. Same with the Admirals. I've given up on Revolutionaries, Sword, CP0 now lol. Tashigi and Smoker too. Vegapunk I'm rapidly losing faith in too as well as Elbaf, Usopp, Chopper, Nami somewhat and also the fates of Sabo, Boa and Vivi.
I feel like in Alabasta the joke worked because Nami was in control and she decided to Happiness Punch the boys for peeping. It was actually a nice subvertion of the old pervert in baths trope which sadly Oda went back to in Wano (also I don't really understand the dynamic too like Nami was ok with bathing with other men in the same pool but her being seen naked out of it by the same men was not ok for her? Dunno the whole situation is weird IMO)
It's so weird in fact it honestly made me joke about and then think seriously about for one moment if like his wife suffered a small towel slip when they were together and that's why he drew Nami like that in those chapters? Like he felt obliged to drew Nami stripped naked in front of everybody because that's what he saw when he was in vacation with his wifey
Also bro don't even get me started on Tashigi and Nami... Tashigi is unironically without a purpose now that she's still a weakling compared to Zoro and Nami... We previously agreed on WCI being great for her but everything else post timeskip's been so disappointing compared to Alabasta Nami, Skypiea Nami or Enies Lobby Nami too...

G

Gorosei Informer

Unpopular opinion, but that moment is dumb in retrospect. Lucci, a trained assassin, Turned his back on his victim without being sure that he died. He didnt even do a Quick shigan to the throat like Mr. Go. Lucci is a fraud
Kinda makes me think of how the Vinsmokes were hyped up as "assassins"/"killers" and then they were revealed. CP0 "The Worlds Strongest Intelligence Agency" or w/e they are. Kawamatsu being focused on for MANY chapters and episodes with his menacing eyes and massive mysterious aura and theories on who it could be and its just a fucking Kappa after all that.

Odas face when he pulled those sneakies on us:

:afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa:

Compeletely true though, its plot armour/plot induced stupdity as usual unfortunately. Villains suddenly becoming dumb and arrogant or so.

Kinda makes me think of how the Vinsmokes were hyped up as "assassins"/"killers" and then they were revealed. CP0 "The Worlds Strongest Intelligence Agency" or w/e they are. Kawamatsu being focused on for MANY chapters and episodes with his menacing eyes and massive mysterious aura and theories on who it could be and its just a fucking Kappa after all that.

Odas face when he pulled those sneakies on us:

:afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa::afrokappa:

Compeletely true though, its plot armour/plot induced stupdity as usual unfortunately. Villains suddenly becoming dumb and arrogant or so.
Tbf, CP-0 are still pretty strong ngl and I never bought into the kawamatsu hype (I wasnt a weekly watcher or reader at that time) I just found him cute lol

I still think momo should be the one to kill kaido. I might be wrong but he makes more sense than zoro at this moment. There is too much history between momo and kaido
The Scabbards have more History with Kaido than Momo if we're going off of that Hyogoro too while we're at it, Momo has no Haki

And no ? Zoro makes sense because he's the most involved in the Wano lore, not even Luffy came close to his connections

Ryuma, Ushimaru, Gyukimaru, Yasuie, Kawamatsu, Hiyori, He's the one who saw the suffering in Ebisu town and Wano's people in General.

Also to this day its still funny to me that Hiyori was the one to kill Orochi despite Momo Sword being the Snake Slayer:suresure:

G

Gorosei Informer

I feel like in Alabasta the joke worked because Nami was in control and she decided to Happiness Punch the boys for peeping. It was actually a nice subvertion of the old pervert in baths trope which sadly Oda went back to in Wano (also I don't really understand the dynamic too like Nami was ok with bathing with other men in the same pool but her being seen naked out of it by the same men was not ok for her? Dunno the whole situation is weird IMO)
It's so weird in fact it honestly made me joke about and then think seriously about for one moment if like his wife suffered a small towel slip when they were together and that's why he drew Nami like that in those chapters? Like he felt obliged to drew Nami stripped naked in front of everybody because that's what he saw when he was in vacation with his wifey
Also bro don't even get me started on Tashigi and Nami... Tashigi is unironically without a purpose now that she's still a weakling compared to Zoro and Nami... We previously agreed on WCI being great for her but everything else post timeskip's been so disappointing compared to Alabasta Nami, Skypiea Nami or Enies Lobby Nami too...
Yeah thats true about the Alabasta one, that does make sense. Nami was very weirdly inconsistent though in Wano as you said. She loves to flaunt herself greatly post TS too which made me wonder what the hell happened with her and those old men in Weatheria for 2 years but probably shouldnt think about it LMAO!
I still can't believe this is the same Nami, its insane. As much as I love it too, Big Moms glow up in her 20s is INSANE and doesnt make sense given her character at all unless it was done by her to help her secure husbands a lot more easily and such? Or she just happened to get so into shape and embrace her femininity and natural beauty? Maybe I'm overthinking it but I'd love to see how different Big Mom was a person at that time, if she still had isseus with her hunger pangs as much then, if she was still just as unstable or she got herself under more control for some time at least?

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened with his wife and inspired him or maybe he fantasises about it happening and uses Nami as his muse o so? Maybe trying to encourage his wife to "accidentally" drop her towel and cause some "excitement" and "shame turned arousal" even for them? To be controversial, daring, bold, whatever?

Hahaha, Tashigi is a whole bucket of fuck it now, I'm extremely disappointed with her and then some. Alabasta Nami was goated and Nami was great pre TS honestly, I adored her so much and was rooting for her and such. Her backstory with Belle-mere and Arlong was tragic and brutal and made her so much more likable, understandable and sympathetic. Its some of the best parts of OP for me. "Help me Luffy" and the first time we got Overtaken too in the anime I believe!

Post TS Nami is one of my biggest frustrations with the series. Why is she just turned into a lightning spammer? Especially with Zeus now too? Isn't she the WEATHER witch not just lightning?! Why can't she learn to make tornadoes, blizzards, heavy or even acid rain, even dampening her enemies with rain and then electrocuting them with lightning to do MASSIVE damage instead?!

Nami should also be an Observation expert like Usopp imo but I wanted both to learn Armament with their fights vs Ulti and Page One to help them defend, fight back and maybe even win.

I also absolutely loathe how Monster Chopper is a gag character now. This is one of the most horrifying, haunting and powerful scenes I've ever seen, the phenomenal sound design, the emotional/narrative buildup and impact and characterisation and sacrifice from sheer desperation from the innocent sweetheat Chopper who was helpless and had to become a (Frankenstein's or more likely Mr Hyde or Hulk-esque) Monster to try and help and save his friends and succeed!:

PEAK FICTION genuinely! Against Kaido especially, I expected another moment like this, Kaido to even take Rumble Balls and use them to force awakenings or at least some powerups for his crew with new transformations. Queen even has wacky transformations like Kaku had but due to him being a scientist and cyborg too ofc. Imagine Kaido forcing Chopper to go Berserk Monster form again or even a new form that also goes berserk and is more dangerous and powerful than Monster somehow? Faster too?

G

Gorosei Informer

Tbf, CP-0 are still pretty strong ngl and I never bought into the kawamatsu hype (I wasnt a weekly watcher or reader at that time) I just found him cute lol
Im disappointed they don't have DFs by the looks of it, never mind strong ones and barely using Rokushiki but Toei may give them much more in that regard ofc. One of them going down to an already badly wounded Izo is absolutely ridiculous too imo.

They are strong but still disappointing imo. Mr Go is the most impressive but I fear like in Heart of Gold vs that chains guy and how Orochi shot one of them so easily and they didnt even do anything and that member almost died then, it just makes me think they're kind of a joke too tbh.

Stussy is a little impressive too but only a little so far. CP9 were far better so far imo except Spandam ofc.

With that "prisoner", people thought it might be Oden alive or even Roger lmfao. There was insane hype going around. Maybe Zoro's father or something. So when Kawamatsu was revealed, the disappointment was immeasurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.