Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
  • Juxtaposing Joy Boy’s return with citizens declared slaves for life, albeit maybe too heavy-handed, was just too perfectly One Piece. Again, no stealth symbolism here, Luffy’s heartbeats are literally “Drums of liberation”. Oda’s rarely been subtle with this theme. One Piece at its core is a story about Luffy punching tyrants in the face. I’m glad Toei’s hints about Momo and Joy Boy were red herrings. It’s Luffy. It’s always been Luffy. Momo was willing to repeat Oden’s “surrender to prevent casualties” mistake. Luffy’s here to literally and figuratively “open” Wano. To put an end to boomer Oden worship. It’s great Yamato didn’t default back to “This is what Oden did”. She scolded Momo similar to how Ace scolded her. Her character arc is heading in the right direction.

Oden’s realization was too late. Yet knowing Joy Boy would eventually accomplish what he couldn’t, gave him peace. It’s finally time:finally:

On Joy Boy’s “return” from a narrative perspective, I’ll wait on Laugh Tale’s prophecy clarification. Will it be handled as fatalist? Or simple divination, similar to Madam Shyarly. Either way, the Gorosei when news of Joy Boy’s return reaches them :kobeha:

• I love Kaido’s melancholic scowls mourning the loss of a long-awaited opportunity. Death by virtue of a worthy opponent. Or redemption in triumph absolved of excuses. Mr. Go took away a thrill he hasn’t experienced since battling Oden. Villain introspective scenes, in which they’re not interacting with protagonists, are my favorite. So I could’ve done with more pensive grieving Kaido panels. In general, Act 3’s been fantastic for Kaido’s character. Being in the dark about his origin is my only knock. His backstory is sorely needed. It’s likely been postponed to protect God Valley/Joy Boy lore. Now that Joy Boy’s been revealed, I see no reason for further delay.
  • Negative space and lack of dialogue gave Mr. Go’s “finale” an unsettling somber atmosphere. Silent acceptance of his fate. Yes he’s a government dog, but there’s honor in being a government dog till the end. Upholding principles, regardless of what they are, is one of One Piece’s longest running themes.
But fuck it I’mma meme him anyway :kobeha:

• If Luffy’s brief “death” registered on his vivre card, The Straw Hat Grand Fleet are arriving by Wano’s end. They’ll fill in Luffy on Sabo, Hancock, Vivi, Cobra and Reverie. Most likely leading us to Elbaf via Hajrudin.
  • This might be the most painful “One Piece is on break” note I’ve ever read. God Bless the mods for these upcoming 2 weeks, because it’s about to be a train wreck shit show :yasu:

Last edited:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Kaido is going down as my favourite antagonist in one piece after BB.

Doffy is third

I hope Oda gives glorious defeat to Kaido. This beast deserves it.

Dude almost won against plot armor:milaugh::milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

I really hope Oda doesn't retcon Luffy's fruit being rubber. That would ruin the series.

Everything about Luffy is rubber....

His lucky number "56" is GoMu
All his moves are Gomu Gomu no...
"Rubber bounces back"
Luffy is not strictly rubber but has element of rubber.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
  • Juxtaposing Joy Boy’s return with citizens declared slaves for life, albeit maybe too heavy-handed, was just too perfectly One Piece. Again, no stealth symbolism here, Luffy’s heartbeats are literally “Drums of liberation”. Oda’s rarely been subtle with this theme. One Piece at its core is a story about Luffy punching tyrants in the face. I’m glad Toei’s hints about Momo and Joy Boy were red herrings. It’s Luffy. It’s always been Luffy. Momo was willing to repeat Oden’s “surrender to prevent casualties” mistake. Luffy’s here to literally and figuratively “open” Wano. To put an end to boomer Oden worship. It’s great Yamato didn’t default back to “This is what Oden did”. She scolded Momo similar to how Ace scolded her. Her character arc is heading in the right direction.

Oden’s realization was too late. Yet knowing Joy Boy would eventually accomplish what he couldn’t, gave him peace. It’s finally time :finally:

On Joy Boy’s “return” from a narrative perspective, I’ll wait on Laugh Tale’s prophecy clarification. Will it be handled as fatalist? Or simple divination, similar to Madam Shyarly. Either way, the Gorosei when news of Joy Boy’s return reaches them :kobeha:

• I love Kaido’s melancholic scowls mourning the loss of a long-awaited opportunity. Death by virtue of a worthy opponent. Or redemption in triumph absolved of excuses. Mr. Go took away a thrill he hasn’t experienced since battling Oden. Villain introspective scenes, in which they’re not interacting with protagonists, are my favorite. So I could’ve done with more pensive grieving Kaido panels. In general, Act 3’s been fantastic for Kaido’s character. Being in the dark about his origin is my only knock. His backstory is sorely needed. It’s likely been postponed to protect God Valley/Joy Boy lore. Now that Joy Boy’s been revealed, I see no reason for further delay.

• Negative space and lack of dialogue gave Mr. Go’s “finale” an unsettling somber atmosphere. Silent acceptance of his fate. Yes he’s a government dog, but there’s honor in being a government dog till the end. Upholding principles, regardless of what they are, is one of One Piece’s longest running themes

• If Luffy’s brief “death” registered on his vivre card, The Straw Hat Grand Fleet are arriving by Wano’s end. They’ll fill in Luffy on Sabo, Hancock, Vivi, Cobra and Reverie. Most likely leading us to Elbaf via Hajrudin.

• This might be the most painful “One Piece is on break” note I’ve ever read. God Bless the mods for these upcoming 2 weeks, because it’s about to be a train wreck shit show :yasu:
Kakai legit already write a chapter review before the english translation drop. :christindeed:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

Oden’s realization was too late. Yet knowing Joy Boy would eventually accomplish what he couldn’t, gave him peace. It’s finally time:finally:

• Negative space and lack of dialogue gave Mr. Go’s “finale” an unsettling somber atmosphere. Silent acceptance of his fate. Yes he’s a government dog, but there’s honor in being a government dog till the end. Upholding principles, regardless of what they are, is one of One Piece’s longest running themes.

Lakai is so hyped that man pulled extra hours to write a review lol

Status
Not open for further replies.