General & Others The Drums of Liberation! It was in front of our eyes this whole time!

It’s like the Gold and Oden OST.

I don’t believe for a second that in 1999 Oda was sitting down with the anime department and telling them “yeah, make a sad song and call it this, make an awesome song with drums and call it this, cause I’ve got a masterplan here and your jaws will drop when it comes together.”

But I do think it’s entirely possible that he’s looked at this stuff that already existed in the present day and thought “hey, I can use this to correspond to stuff I’m going to do in the manga.”

The only musical thing that I think has big implications from the start is Binks Sake, but that was something that started in the manga anyway.

B

Ballel

I don’t believe for a second that in 1999 Oda was sitting down with the anime department and telling them “yeah, make a sad song and call it this, make an awesome song with drums and call it this, cause I’ve got a masterplan here and your jaws will drop when it comes together.”

But I do think it’s entirely possible that he’s looked at this stuff that already existed in the present day and thought “hey, I can use this to correspond to stuff I’m going to do in the manga.”
While I think that Oda made up a lot of stuff along as he went. When it comes to the core elements of the story I think he was clear about them since a veeery long time.

Oden=Oda He said in some SBS that his favourite historical personality is Oda Nobunaga

He had those main points in his mind since forever and then built the other stuff around.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I think it kinda went like this, Oda telling them back then :"make an ost that sounds energetic and with prominent drums, I might plan something with drums for the future story"
I think we often forget that Oda didn't plan to last one piece this long.

He has planned one piece for few years only.

He simply filled more details as story progressed but the end never changed.

Imo it's easier said than done. To inflate your story to last decades without actually changing the basic theme is just remarkable.

So I am not surprised that we are seeing present events in old OSTs because Oda already had the major outline of one piece prepared.

B

Ballel

I think we often forget that Oda didn't plan to last one piece this long.

He has planned one piece for few years only.

He simply filled more details as story progressed but the end never changed.

Imo it's easier said than done. To inflate your story to last decades without actually changing the basic theme is just remarkable.

So I am not surprised that we are seeing present events in old OSTs because Oda already had the major outline of one piece prepared.
Oda may be a money hungry attention seeker but there is no doubt this man has high brain capability. The way he plans his story as well as the precise outlook on world events, historical/societal developments etc is what always brings me back to One Piece.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Oda may be a money hungry attention seeker but there is no doubt this man has high brain capability. The way he plans his story as well as the precise outlook on world events, historical/societal developments etc is what always brings me back to One Piece.
He deserves to earn money and capatialize on one piece popularity.

He earned it

You, me or anyone else would do the same if we would be in his shoes.

Also, some of his criticism is fair but when it comes to narration the story with world building and foreshadowing then he is damn good

B

Ballel

He deserves to earn money and capatialize on one piece popularity.

He earned it

You, me or anyone else would do the same if we would be in his shoes.
It's not about him ''dEsErViNG'' something. His and Shueisha's/Toei's money hunger affects the story negatively.
Don't really feel like talking about this here tho.

It’s like the Gold and Oden OST.

The only musical thing that I think has big implications from the start is Binks Sake, but that was something that started in the manga anyway.
Yeah, we are absolutely reaching here.

B

Ballel

Oda is the goat. He plans everything out way in advance. Oda could have told them this simple beat was very important to the story. Also I read a cool theory on twitter about The One Piece being music related. I appreciate this thread being made
There's this very well-known early panel of Luffy saying that “all pirates love to sing and dance".
Oda had something like this in mind for a very long time, without a doubt.

You too. Irony is that you didn't realise this yet. Butthurt over someone posting something positive about something you don't like. There are many entitled pricks like you out there feels condescending and superior to your peers and all other like.
In other words you want me to turn my brain off and not think and just consume. This thread has nothing to do with foreshadowing, that is fact. What are you guys getting hyped for?