Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her being a naive character looking for adventure is fine, you can even write a compelling storyline where she gets a reality check with Pedro’s death and learns that the Sea is unforgiving. Then from there you can write a struggle where she doesn’t want to leave Zou but then realizes she has to in order to fulfill Pedro’s words
That would make her interesting and give a chance to join. But since she is not joining she has not story.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I am both excited and nervous about Carrot's potential role in this scenario with Kaido.

Excited because this can potentially open a door for Carrot to get what she needs to continue traveling with the crew or to outright join them. At the very least it can lead to a proper ending for her character if she's not meant to travel with them.

Nervous because Oda can very, very, very easily job her again during this by having her act like Nekomamushi's henchmen the entire time or by taking her out of the fight right away and eat grass again due to injury. Both preventing her from joining the crew and getting the nice ending I'm hoping for her.

I'm not concerned about the couple of panels we've seen recently as I see those as more transition panels rather than an indication of her current character. Though if we keep cutting back to her and she's simply serving as Neko's sidekick then I'm gonna be in trouble.
:hope:

Though I'll also say that this can be pretty good for Yamato as well. Seems like the perfect opportunity to meet up with the other Straw Hats don't you think?
:myman:

AL sama

Red Haired
I am both excited and nervous about Carrot's potential role in this scenario with Kaido.

Excited because this can potentially open a door for Carrot to get what she needs to continue traveling with the crew or to outright join them. At the very least it can lead to a proper ending for her character if she's not meant to travel with them.

Nervous because Oda can very, very, very easily job her again during this by having her act like Nekomamushi's henchmen the entire time or by taking her out of the fight right away and eat grass again due to injury. Both preventing her from joining the crew and getting the nice ending I'm hoping for her.

I'm not concerned about the couple of panels we've seen recently as I see those as more transition panels rather than an indication of her current character. Though if we keep cutting back to her and she's simply serving as Neko's sidekick then I'm gonna be in trouble.

Though I'll also say that this can be pretty good for Yamato as well. Seems like the perfect opportunity to meet up with the other Straw Hats don't you think?
you aren't biased right?? so can you tell me why didn't carrot show any worry for her supposedly future captain during wano??

carrot doesn’t have a lot of mysteries that surrounds her character whatsoever. Nor does she have an enemy that really has hindered her progress in life in a future arc. Most of her enemies have already been defeated by non-strawhats so there’s really no incentive for her to continue her journey with them. Carrot has been much more of a sense of curiosity rather than mystery. The two mysterious characters in whole cake island Ark were reiju and pudding. Carrot by comparison just felt like a background character and support character just going along for the ride and displaying what minks were capable of. Her personality zou, and going whole cake island was basically like this

What Does This Button Do? (original) - YouTube
That’s all there is to it. She was not special mink that made her different from any other mink she wasn’t on top of her class. She was just an underling in a musketeer that’s it. When we landed in wano she was pushed to the background and became less relevant as the arc went on.
Carrot fight wasn’t even on full display in comparison to Yamato. Her potential goal that fans had interpret would be shaft by Oni princess who seems know more about it while Carrot remains silent what is it about. The traitor in zou turn out to be kanjuro all along that sent jack to zou while carrot remain loyal to the alliance. Which is not a bad thing, but I think fans want to see other side to carrot instead this cheerful persona.

Robin by contrast in alabasta, skypia, and the foxy arc had a lot of mysteries surrounding her character. For example
Robin the government has been looking for her 20 years

She had bounty at the age of 8

She sunk 10 battle warships

She knows something about the will of D

Every organization she had work within past has been annihilated the only person who escape was her

Reading the poneglaphs

There to many enemies within her dream.

An island was destroyed during buster call

water 7 and enies lobby would tell us everything we needed to know. Robin after alabasta would be consider be the member group. However, She wouldn't call strawhats there names except for Luffy. It was not until thriller bark robin would eventually call her new found friends by there real name instead of the roles they have.
Before Robin we had Nami who also had mysterious surrounding her character during the orange town, captain kuro and baratie arc. She was already considered member of the team. Nami for example had this

she Hates pirates

She loves money and tangerines

Pirates took something very deer to her

Wants to collect 100 million berries to buy a certain land

Pirates do nothing more than destroy

Surprise by Luffy words he considers his crew his friends when being angry when captain kuro attack his own men.

Arlong wanted poster

She wants to be free

Bellemere
The Arlong Park arc would tell us everything we needed to know

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
you aren't biased right?? so can you tell me why didn't carrot show any worry for her supposedly future captain during wano??
I try not to be.

But to answer your question, I'm not too sure and it's more than likely not good for her. If she doesn't end up joining then the whole thing with Perospero was Oda's way of phasing her out of the main character role. That combined with showing her less and less after chapter 1006. If she does end up joining or traveling with them then what he was doing was pushing her main stuff until later (with his Kaido scenario potentially being one of them) in order to focus more on Wano central characters like Yamato and the scabbards.

That's how I see it anyway.

AL sama

Red Haired
carrot doesn’t have a lot of mysteries that surrounds her character whatsoever. Nor does she have an enemy that really has hindered her progress in life in a future arc. Most of her enemies have already been defeated by non-strawhats so there’s really no incentive for her to continue her journey with them. Carrot has been much more of a sense of curiosity rather than mystery. The two mysterious characters in whole cake island Ark were reiju and pudding. Carrot by comparison just felt like a background character and support character just going along for the ride and displaying what minks were capable of. Her personality zou, and going whole cake island was basically like this
if we're talking about future arcs then same can be said for yamato

at least for carrot it can be argued that there's perspero

I think Carrot was just another character to make us invested into the minks. She’s cute and bubbly unlike Pedro who’s stoic and scarred up. She’s basically Rebecca without a kingdom.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I think Carrot was just another character to make us invested into the minks. She’s cute and bubbly unlike Pedro who’s stoic and scarred up. She’s basically Rebecca without a kingdom.
Admittedly, when I say "I hope she gets a good ending to her character," I say that with Rebecca in mind.

Iirc, Rebecca was a character that got clowned constantly throughout Dressrosa and also had talks on whether or not she'll join the crew. While she did not end up joining, she did get (in my opinion) a very nice ending to her main story when she reunited with Kyros at his home.

So yes if Carrot's fate was to add some personality to the WCI crew before returning home then I at least hope she'll get at least something nice before that happens.

AL sama

Red Haired
I try not to be.

But to answer your question, I'm not too sure and it's more than likely not good for her. If she doesn't end up joining then the whole thing with Perospero was Oda's way of phasing her out of the main character role. That combined with showing her less and less after chapter 1006. If she does end up joining or traveling with them then what he was doing was pushing her main stuff until later (with his Kaido scenario potentially being one of them) in order to focus more on Wano central characters like Yamato and the scabbards.

That's how I see it anyway.
fair enough

I mean even yamato was worried for luffy so carrot could've shown some too

Admittedly, when I say "I hope she gets a good ending to her character," I say that with Rebecca in mind.

Iirc, Rebecca was a character that got clowned constantly throughout Dressrosa and also had talks on whether or not she'll join the crew. While she did not end up joining, she did get (in my opinion) a very nice ending to her main story when she reunited with Kyros at his home.

So yes if Carrot's fate was to add some personality to the WCI crew before returning home then I at least hope she'll get at least something nice before that happens.
I can see her moment being the opening of Wano and the “dawn” arriving, with her looking into the sea and having an emotional moment with the memory of Pedro

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
fair enough

I mean even yamato was worried for luffy so carrot could've shown some too
Hopefully, we'll get some of that with the current situation.
I can see her moment being the opening of Wano and the “dawn” arriving, with her looking into the sea and having an emotional moment with the memory of Pedro
That would be nice.
:feelscryingman:

Status
Not open for further replies.