Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that hard to understand, something like Enel's clearly leans towards a destructive power threat while a ridiculous smiling liberator leans towards an unpredictable variable/symbolic threat.
Symbolic threat? You don’t think Luffy has actual powers? You think the government fears symbolic power?

okay. Who is this a symbol to? Like who know what Nika is for it to be symbolic enough to matter to the government?

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Yes I thought it may have been a mistake. But it wasn't. So now I don't know what Oda is planning
I see, the implications of his eyebrow switching directions was interesting, but maybe it’s reversion back to normal just shows that his struggle with genetics is over?

The reason this is happening is because Oda needed the quick lore dump with Who's WHo to explain Nika so it didn't look like a bigger asspull than it already is.

He probably only just came up with this a couple arcs ago. So the problem arises is that he needs Luffy to awaken to beat Kaido. But then people will be like wtf is this it makes no sense. So he is left in a spot where the only people that would have info on the fruit is Shanks and the WG. Shanks obviously is not involved so it has to be the WG
What’s funny too is that Oda saying “I don’t know how to bear Kaido” is literally direct evidence of this being an asspull. But people with still somehow say it was foreshadowed. Another section for my thread ripping this chapter, than you.

This part is what will make or break this plotline… Who told them this info… Why now?

This has to be explained

Well, it either Imu or Shanks. There is no other suspects. Why now? We don't know yet. We need to wait and see if there is a reasonable explanation or not. I suspect it has to do with Imu holding multiple posters and the giant Strawhat. Some theorise it might not be a Strawhat, but rather an oracle that changes shape to display what is currently the most dangerous to the WG

Damn that you oda dick suckers really like this gooffy shit ?

Lmfaooooo man
I absolutely hate Oda's shit tier writing but this is the best development in all of One Piece. Bugs Bunny toon power is such a great design and evolution from what we know as rubber, it just makes sense. There have been wide debates over cartoon power vs super power and I can't believe Oda went there, amazing.

Because ridiculous shit like this has been happening since the manga first serialized, and was even more so heavily prevalent preskip- which is what most people love. So people acting like this is all of a sudden an issue, has either been lying to themselves or others for years about liking One Piece. Because I'll tell you right now, I have been around a long time, and I have never seen anyone criticize the wackiness of One Piece. But now all of a sudden, it's a problem. And funnily enough, it's a problem because it involves power levels.
Inserting goofy moments here and there is fine. But based on this chapter it is highly likely that the remainder of the fight will be this looney tunes stuff.

Even as far back as Luffy vs. Crocodile there was some goofy shit going on there but in the end it came down to bloodied Luffy triumphing over Crocodile with the stakes of the whole tomb collapsing upon them

The difference here is that the battle started out seriously and now in what seems to be the ultimate climax it has turned into a gag fight, and what makes it worse is that Kaido is supposed to be the strongest in the verse

But to be honest with you the looney tunes stuff is hardly the issue. It's Luffy's fruit in general being as special as it is. You can say what you want about Luffy always being special/chosen-one material (which I agree with), but the one thing that's always made Luffy easy to root for is the fact that he has come all this way with seemingly one of the most ordinary devil fruits out there

What’s interesting to me too is that Oda claiming he didn’t know how to beat Kaido, taken together with all of the previous dialogue from the Gorosei regarding Luffy, strongly indicate that this wasn’t in the cards a few arcs ago.

So contrary to Oda’s previous style, I can now say with utmost confidence that he is asspulling right now. If this isn’t an asspull and this was planned than he’s literally lost it.

Symbolic threat? You don’t think Luffy has actual powers? You think the government fears symbolic power?

okay. Who is this a symbol to? Like who know what Nika is for it to be symbolic enough to matter to the government?
I'm not saying it's a weak fruit, I'm saying its legacy is clearly the bigger threat, Who's Who's guard was killed just for sharing legends of liberation and smiles and he felt he was next.

Inserting goofy moments here and there is fine. But based on this chapter it is highly likely that the remainder of the fight will be this looney tunes stuff.

Even as far back as Luffy vs. Crocodile there was some goofy shit going on there but in the end it came down to bloodied Luffy triumphing over Crocodile with the stakes of the whole tomb collapsing upon them

The difference here is that the battle started out seriously and now in what seems to be the ultimate climax it has turned into a gag fight, and what makes it worse is that Kaido is supposed to be the strongest in the verse

But to be honest with you the looney tunes stuff is hardly the issue. It's Luffy's fruit in general being as special as it is. You can say what you want about Luffy always being special/chosen-one material (which I agree with), but the one thing that's always made Luffy easy to root for is the fact that he has come all this way with seemingly one of the most ordinary devil fruits out there
It's one chapter. Oda could just very well be going over the top here because of it's introduction.

And let me ask you, do you honestly think Luffy having a special Devil Fruit is going to change the dynamic of Luffy overcoming his last obstacles in the series?

Blackbeard has two of the most busted Devil Fruits in the World, and the possibility of having a third.

Im is an entirely different anomally.

Oda giving Luffy a special devil fruit, is indicative of what's to come in terms of the strength of the Villains. It's not going to change anything. Luffy will still have to come up with creative ways to beat his opponents. Oda will never change that, and you know it as well as I do.

Well, it either Imu or Shanks. There is no other suspects. Why now? We don't know yet. We need to wait and see if there is a reasonable explanation or not. I suspect it has to do with Imu holding multiple posters and the giant Strawhat. Some theorise it might not be a Strawhat, but rather an oracle that changes shape to display what is currently the most dangerous to the WG
So Imu knew the ultimate threat to the government was around on the sea but now just chose to do something about it… Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.