Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.

I understands people having problems with the writing since we're missing a lot of context yet. Whether Oda explains it later is something else.

However, I don't understand the hate against goofiness. I mean, come on! this is OP! Goofy shit has always been part of the world. Remember G4 and Luffy bouncing like an idiot? Water Luffy? Kaku vs Zoro and countless other examples. People were complaining that the Strawhats and story is more serious now... now they're complaining that Luffy is true to himself!
I'm fine with Luffy being goffy. I'm not fine with looney toons being applied to Kaido

I’m gonna be real with you guys. This chapter pisses me off like 10x more than Kin’emon being fake killed for poop jokes.

For me personally, this has basically killed any desire I have to see later OP fights with Luffy. And I no longer want to see Luffy vs Akainu. Oda basically massacred my motivation for my own freaking agenda lmao.

I’m gonna be honest with you. I haven’t discussed it with you before so you don’t really know my thoughts on the Shanks theories, but I honestly think any negative recontextualization of Shanks’ relationship with Luffy would be really really bad.

Agree with you here, and I don't believe that Oda will be "Lol, Shanks was evil all along" card.

If Shanks is involved, it's most likely to play the WG and trick them to help Luffy (if the theory of near death needed for awakening is true)

:ihaha:

Your coping is here for everyone to see

Don't worry we can rejoice together when Luffy beats Kaido he'll bring joy to you while Zori naps
Coping?
:milaugh:

Just because I understand Zoro's role in Wano is not over is not coping. I get it, it's Luffy. He has to defeat Kaido because he's Luffy. It doesn't matter if he loses 100 times and receives 100 more power-ups he's going to defeat Kaido because he's Luffy.

Luffy has to defeat Kaido because that's the way it works. for that because that's how long is written. Just like how Oda told us Luffy's df it's not special powerful.

Hold on? Oda told us that and he just changed that but nothing else can't be different because you say so.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
I’m gonna be real with you guys. This chapter pisses me off like 10x more than Kin’emon being fake killed for poop jokes.

For me personally, this has basically killed any desire I have to see later OP fights with Luffy. And I now longer want to see Luffy vs Akainu. Oda basically massacred my motivation for my own freaking agenda lmao.
Yo that Radahn avy is goat:finally:

For me personally, this has basically killed any desire I have to see later OP fights with Luffy. And I now longer want to see Luffy vs Akainu. Oda basically massacred my motivation for my own freaking agenda lmao.
Lol
Are you afraid of Akainu showing Enel face? hahahaha

1037 is before BM goes down......

Like I said we don't know what was discussed. Maybe it's not about Luffy. Maybe it is and its about something else. Maybe he told them something they didnt believe until they heard Zunisha was there.

Something DID change in 1037. One page its about Robin. The next page, out of context, is about Luffy
hmm 1037 you are right
migh have to do with the appearance of wait ........

an ally of joyboy

you look at the editor note in ch 1017
and its clear the world government knew the importance of the fruit
jumping through hoops to deny the obvious
here

Yup.

I understands people having problems with the writing since we're missing a lot of context yet. Whether Oda explains it later is something else.

However, I don't understand the hate against goofiness. I mean, come on! this is OP! Goofy shit has always been part of the world. Remember G4 and Luffy bouncing like an idiot? Water Luffy? Kaku vs Zoro and countless other examples. People were complaining that the Strawhats and story is more serious now... now they're complaining that Luffy is true to himself!
Omg i remember Mizu Luffy that was so unexpected back then and seriously made me laugh.

:leohah::leohah:

I'm fine with Luffy being goffy. I'm not fine with looney toons being applied to Kaido
Well, that's fair and your opinion which I respect.

I'm fine with it sense the same way Enel's face didn't take away from his serious moment, I don't see that it takes anything from kaido here. We see him get back to being serious as soon as Luffy let go of him, so it's not like he'll be goofy all the time.

Lol, I have said that many times before... I do believe this will happen... but I disagree only when it comes to who he will sacrifice himself for... I think it will not be for Luffy... I think it will be for both of Yamato & Momonosuke (his daughter and his rival son who is also a dragon)

I think he will understand the meaning of beautiful death and glory death with Roger/WB/Oden is not that they looked cool... it's because they were dying for an important cause....and he will realize the importance of Momonosuke to stay alive at one point which was hinted by Momo when he read the journal that he must not die...
So eventually he will protect Momo and it will be right in front of his daughter he will be helpless and unable to protect Momo...

I think this war sooner or later will turn into a bigger war that involves the WG
This would be great, never would have thought

certain man here said luffy vs kaido was the only fight which had tension in wano
am beginning to agree now tbh
you could just sense the danger from last chap continuing this chap
not one relevant ally character was even harmed before luffy recovered.

ice cold stuff 100%. need more of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.