Game of Thrones/ASOIAF

‘Game of Thrones’ creators confirm that they had no clue what they were doing
https://www.google.com/amp/s/bgr.co...-8s-bad-writing-finally-almost-explained/amp/

Post automatically merged:

Heard these guys were hired cause of nepotism, apparently one of them is son of former golden sachs chairman or something like that.
Sad but not surprising at all after the numerous and great writing mistakes they made in the four last seasons.

The worst is that it really could have been as good as the first seasons if the story quality had stayed strong, the music, the actors, the images and special effects were really great.

One thing they should have kept at the end of season 2 was a scene during the celebration after the battle of the Blackwater where several of Stannis' captured bannermen are brought before the Iron Throne to swear alliegance to Joffrey only for one of them to scream that Joffrey is an usurper and a bastard born of incest and that Stannis will return and claim his rightful place as king, Joffrey being Joffrey he gets enraged and orders him to be killed only to injure his arm on one of the Iron Throne blades, causing him to wail and to ask for his mother while Stannis' bannerman claims that the throne refuses him and that it proved that he's an usurper, leading Tywin to have him killed to not cause any more trouble.

At the end Joffrey is taken in Cersei's arms like a baby and in front of the whole court.

While most readers and Cersei herself believe that the Valonqar is one of her brothers there are many who have speculated that it didn't mean that it was one of her little brothers and that it could be someone else from another family such as Loras Tyrell, Sandor Clegane, Tommen or Arya since Valonqar could possibly be a genderless word just like the Prince that was promised.

It looks like Martin is fully dedicating himself to finish the Winds of Winter for next year, some estimate that it will be finally published on july or august 2020.
Some have speculated that the delay was caused in part because of Martin not arriving to decide himself on several major deaths and how to make them : the ones I expect to die are Stannis Baratheon, the Boltons, Walder Frey and a good portion of his family, Tommen, Shireen (sadly), the NW mutinees, one or two of the Tyrells but certainely not all of them unlike in the show, Daven Lannister, Illyrio Mopatis, Aeron and Victarion Greyjoy and Hodor.

This book may also finally confirm Jon's true parentage just like in the sixth season of the show, see the beggining of the return of the Starks and the first true appearance of the Others/White Walkers as a threat to all of Westeros and of Howland Reed.

It may also shows Daenerys embracing her family ruthlessness and violent tendencies and methods to get what she wants as foreshadowed during her last chapter in ADWD and it's certainely not going to make her popular in Westeros especially if she decides to wage war on her alleged nephew who's most likely going to take the Iron Throne and to be much more beloved by westerosi than her.

Last edited:
B

Bakura

Martin tweeted about meeting with his publisher and editor...:sus:
Would be dope if it's really about TWOW.
Anyone wanna guess which will finish first, One Piece or Asoiaf?
I'm going with OP since there are still two novels left and IIRC Martin said that he will make anothe D&E novella after TWOW and there is still the second part of FB left; granted he might release this one after ADOS.
Though I dont find it impossible for Martin to finish first.

What is your favorite passage in the book ? Mine is this little bit of conversation between Tyrion and Cersei in a Clash of Kings, possibly Tyrion's funniest and most savage moment :
Cersei: I am sure I don't know. That fool Eddard Stark accused me of the same thing. He hinted that Lord Arryn suspected or… well believed...

Tyrion: That you were fucking our sweet Jaime ?

She slapped him.

Tyrion: You think I'm as blind as our father? Who you lie with is no matter to me... altough it doesn't seem quite just that you open your legs for one brother and not for the other.

She slapped him.

Tyrion: Be gentle Cersei, I am only jesting with you. If truth to be told I'd prefer a good whore. I never understood what Jaime saw in you, apart from his own reflection.

She slapped him.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
What is your favorite passage in the book ? Mine is this little bit of conversation between Tyrion and Cersei in a Clash of Kings, possibly Tyrion's funniest and most savage moment :
Cersei: I am sure I don't know. That fool Eddard Stark accused me of the same thing. He hinted that Lord Arryn suspected or… well believed...

Tyrion: That you were fucking our sweet Jaime ?

She slapped him.

Tyrion: You think I'm as blind as our father? Who you lie with is no matter to me... altough it doesn't seem quite just that you open your legs for one brother and not for the other.

She slapped him.

Tyrion: Be gentle Cersei, I am only jesting with you. If truth to be told I'd prefer a good whore. I never understood what Jaime saw in you, apart from his own reflection.

She slapped him.
Tyrion is always the best

Best lines and best punchlines