Game of Thrones/ASOIAF

honestly, I'm going to cut Oda some slack. Even if there are flaws with OP, at least Oda didn't completely sell out like GRRM did.
Post automatically merged:

I read his blog post from a few days ago. Seems like cares more about writing spin offs for his expanded universe so that he can cash in on these HBO shows he has lined up instead of finishing the one book fans have been asking for for the past 10 years. smh even Togashi isn't this bad.

honestly, I'm going to cut Oda some slack. Even if there are flaws with OP, at least Oda didn't completely sell out like GRRM did.

I read his blog post from a few days ago. Seems like cares more about writing spin offs for his expanded universe so that he can cash in on these HBO shows he has lined up instead of finishing the one book fans have been asking for for the past 10 years. smh even Togashi isn't this bad.
It’s coming :josad:

Just look at or listen the speeches in the books, miles ahead of the ones in the show except for Tyrion's speech at trial :
It’s a shame how they made Wyman a pussy in the show

The Chad ASOIAF Myman Manderly vs the Virgin Game of Thrones Cryman Manderly

Last edited:
I think Stannis is supposed to be the third dragon rider in the books. Like Jon and Dani, he also has some portrayal to possibly be azor ahai. Also, the Baratheons branched off from the Targaryens so by blood, Stannis is a Targaryen.

I think Stannis is supposed to be the third dragon rider in the books. Like Jon and Dani, he also has some portrayal to possibly be azor ahai. Also, the Baratheons branched off from the Targaryens so by blood, Stannis is a Targaryen.
It’s Tyrion.

It’s no coincidence that Jon, Dany, and Tyrion are the three most prominent characters in the story and that their mothers all died giving birth to them

I feel like stannis would bend the knee if Dani crossed the sea to westeros. He was initially loyal to Aerys and only chose to rebel because Robert was his brother.

It’s Tyrion.

It’s no coincidence that Jon, Dany, and Tyrion are the three most prominent characters in the story and that their mothers all died giving birth to them
That would work as well.

I feel like stannis would bend the knee if Dani crossed the sea to westeros. He was initially loyal to Aerys and only chose to rebel because Robert was his brother.

That would work as well.
It would be odd for Stannis to be one of the three heads of the dragon when he isn’t even a POV character imo. I also rule out fAegon for this same reason

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I plan on ordering all the books and reading them. Hopefully GRRM finishes the story as well.

As far as the TV show is concerned, seasons 1-6 are amazing.

Season 7 is down bad.

And season 8 is just.. horrible. Utterly horrible.

On one hand I am glad I got to binge the full series after it was finished instead of waiting for years for new seasons just to get season 8..

Cersei>>>your fave.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I plan on ordering all the books and reading them. Hopefully GRRM finishes the story as well.
...Ah...

Take a look at this reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/taaopb/_/hzzg93p
he has his hands in four new television shows.

He's continuing Dunk & Egg (Novella series set 70~ years prior to GoT Season 1), Fire and Blood Volume 2 (Large scale history book on the Targaryens), and some dumb encyclopedia book like we don't have a wikia.

If we ever get Winds of Winter, it'll be a miracle. It's also very likely GRRM will have to add in another book between Winds and the finale, A Dream of Spring, just off how many plot threads he opened up in A Dance of Dragons.

Definitely... Don't expect to get anything from the Fat Man..

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
...Ah...

Take a look at this reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/taaopb/_/hzzg93p
he has his hands in four new television shows.

He's continuing Dunk & Egg (Novella series set 70~ years prior to GoT Season 1), Fire and Blood Volume 2 (Large scale history book on the Targaryens), and some dumb encyclopedia book like we don't have a wikia.

If we ever get Winds of Winter, it'll be a miracle. It's also very likely GRRM will have to add in another book between Winds and the finale, A Dream of Spring, just off how many plot threads he opened up in A Dance of Dragons.

Definitely... Don't expect to get anything from the Fat Man..
Well this is certainly discouraging ngl.

I wouldn't mind reading and getting the first 2 you mentioned, Dunk & Egg and FaB V2, but the last one certainly isn't needed.

I'd very much like to get the ending he planned, perhaps it would make the show's ending fade away. Afaik, the books end somewhere around Danny's meeting with Tyrion and him becoming her hand, no? Which is iirc like S6, so a great starting point to pave in his story instead of the HBO one.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

I wouldn't mind reading and getting the first 2 you mentioned, Dunk & Egg and FaB V2, but the last one certainly isn't needed.

I'd very much like to get the ending he planned, perhaps it would make the show's ending fade away. Afaik, the books end somewhere around Danny's meeting with Tyrion and him becoming her hand, no? Which is iirc like S6, so a great starting point to pave in his story instead of the HBO one.
Dany just survived the attack from the Sons of the Harpy with an entire added and complex plotline around Mereen going on. She's currently MIA and about to be picked up by Dothraki.

Tyrion is a slave(?) in the hands of the Second Sons that is sieging the city. Jon Snow just died and we received the Pink Letter that says Ramsay beat Stannis, but in the sample chapters for Winds we see that might be dubious.

So the show / book continuity becomes very jumbled at Season 5 for most plotlines. The North and Essos stuff is elongated a little but doesn't go into Season 6.

i think likely scenario is a wheel of time situation where another writer finish out the series (not to be morbid but GRRM is in his 70s and not the healthiest).

regardless i would recommend reading the books. The books are structured with a different character POV each chapter so you get into the characters heads and understand their motivation significantly more. Some characters (Jaime for example) are basically completely different between the books and the show