Game of Thrones/ASOIAF

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Dany just survived the attack from the Sons of the Harpy with an entire added and complex plotline around Mereen going on. She's currently MIA and about to be picked up by Dothraki.

Tyrion is a slave(?) in the hands of the Second Sons that is sieging the city. Jon Snow just died and we received the Pink Letter that says Ramsay beat Stannis, but in the sample chapters for Winds we see that might be dubious.

So the show / book continuity becomes very jumbled at Season 5 for most plotlines. The North and Essos stuff is elongated a little but doesn't go into Season 6.
Thanks. Is the added plot line interesting?

i think likely scenario is a wheel of time situation where another writer finish out the series (not to be morbid but GRRM is in his 70s and not the healthiest).

regardless i would recommend reading the books. The books are structured with a different character POV each chapter so you get into the characters heads and understand their motivation significantly more. Some characters (Jaime for example) are basically completely different between the books and the show
Might be. I hope not tbh.

Yeah I have been trying to get all the books for a while now, since I watched the full thing, so I'll Deffo do it. Looking forward to getting to know the characters better as well.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Thanks. Is the added plot line interesting?
For Mereen? Yes/no. I really enjoy it because it adds a lot of depth to Mereen and makes Dany's stay there very interesting, gives someone like Selmy a lot to do alongside a few other characters who are either cut / make minor appearances in the book.

No, in that... At times it feels like chapters are going in circles. It's a lot of politics, a lot of assassinations and the like. But barely any of it is at the forefront of the chapter, it's usually someone telling Dany, then Dany reacting to and taking counter actions.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
For Mereen? Yes/no. I really enjoy it because it adds a lot of depth to Mereen and makes Dany's stay there very interesting, gives someone like Selmy a lot to do alongside a few other characters who are either cut / make minor appearances in the book.

No, in that... At times it feels like chapters are going in circles. It's a lot of politics, a lot of assassinations and the like. But barely any of it is at the forefront of the chapter, it's usually someone telling Dany, then Dany reacting to and taking counter actions.
Yeah for Mereen. Thanks. I like Selmy in the show so I wouldn't mind seeing him in action more.

The Fat Man releases sample chapters from Winds maybe once a year at some convention and he gave us a banger of a Selmy chapter recently. Even if he dies soon, he's so much better than what happened to him in the Show
I bet that George has all of TWOW already written, but he just keeps on rewriting it over and over because he thinks he needs the last two books to be perfect to make up for S7 and S8. So we will at least get TWOW at some point, worse case scenario being we get it when he dies

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
I bet that George has all of TWOW already written, but he just keeps on rewriting it over and over because he thinks he needs the last two books to be perfect to make up for S7 and S8. So we will at least get TWOW at some point, worse case scenario being we get it when he dies
I can see him rewriting a lot but I think he doesn't have more than 60% done. He had notorious issues with characters from other plotlines meeting up, causing his Merneeese Knot. And hopefully Winds should all be meet ups and plots coming together.

I am so interested and hopeful about the Skagos and the North Remembers storyline in TWOW, I cannot forgive D & D for what they did to the Northern plot and to Wyman Manderly in the show.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
I am so interested and hopeful about the Skagos and the North Remembers storyline in TWOW, I cannot forgive D & D for what they did to the Northern plot and to Wyman Manderly in the show.
For me itโ€™s the Greyjoy plot line. It sucks so hard in the show but Victarion being an absolute enjoyable dumbass and Euron a pseudo dark lord is so hype

For me itโ€™s the Greyjoy plot line. It sucks so hard in the show but Victarion being an absolute enjoyable dumbass and Euron a pseudo dark lord is so hype
Yep Euron is one of the darkest and most despicable characters in the saga but he's so entertaining and his performance and speech at the Kingsmoot were amazing, and Victarion is too very entertaining in his own way with him being so out of his depth and interpretating things totally litterally (the best example being the Dothraki Sea which he claimed he could sail even if its made of lands and grass, lol).
Post automatically merged:

Whereas Show-Euron is a complete joke and pussy in comparison to his canon version.

I feel like Azor Ahai is handled so much better in ASOIF than Nika/Joyboy in OP.

Wish Oda would have done what GRRM did. Reveal Nika early on and give hints about his powers so we know there's a connection between him and Luffy. Then the reveal about the gomu gomu no mi's name might have actually been good.
Post automatically merged:

So I just finished a storm of swords and got A feast for crows. I looked through the chapters and saw that all of the important characters are missing.

Jon, Dani, Tyrion, Bran
idk why GRRM thought it would be a good idea to create an entire novel that lacked the characters that drove the series.

I feel like this is where ASOIF goes downhill. I think its also around this point the show started to see drops in quality as well.

Last edited: