Questions & Mysteries Nika was as much of a "God" as the Lunarian's and Celestial Dragons are.

I really like all these different angles people are trying for to post-hoc rationalise Oda’s gutter trash writing. I’d rate this one as significantly better than the crayon eater on Reddit trying to twist ニヤ sfx from a chapter 20 years ago as foreshadowing Nika (ニカ). But I digress.

The fact that the fruit is a mythical Zoan by definition means that Nika is a mythological figure or deity. Makami, or Yamatrash’s fruit was outright stated to be the guardian deity of Wano in-series. There is a Buddha and a Japanese concept of hell and Enma Dai Ou. Not too bad of an effort trying to make Luffy look less like the Gary Stu plot warping Naruto ripoff that this series is rapidly becoming though 👍🏻

Edit: An actual example of someone being considered a god through their deeds is Ryuma, the God of the Blade. And yet there is no Ryuma mythical Zoan! Curious 🧐
Well Naruto is about reeincarnation and possession something One Piece doesn't has.

Problem is we know nothing about devil fruits. We dont even know how they are made. Is there a devil fruit tree? Are they man made or the aftermath of an ancient curse? No one knows. The very presense of mythical fruits also is an even bigger mystery. How can a mythical ability exist if mythical beings dont exist. The only legit scenario is that ancient humans created the mythical ones inspired by the old folklore. So if that true, cant they create a lunarian devil fruit too?
Celestials dragons are just humans though, idk why you even mentioned them.

B

Ballel

Problem is we know nothing about devil fruits. We dont even know how they are made. Is there a devil fruit tree? Are they man made or the aftermath of an ancient curse? No one knows. The very presense of mythical fruits also is an even bigger mystery. How can a mythical ability exist if mythical beings dont exist. The only legit scenario is that ancient humans created the mythical ones inspired by the old folklore. So if that true, cant they create a lunarian devil fruit too?
Celestials dragons are just humans though, idk why you even mentioned them.
Maybe they're only called mythical because these entities are rarely seen/have not been seen in a long time etc

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Finally someone who understands. To me Oda's message about Gods are "Men" who achieved higher status and people over time called them Gods.

Ryuma is a prime example for this. If anyone wants to read a long post about Gods check my signature.

Cheers @Celestial D. Dragon :cheers:
Where the Hito Hito no Mi model: Ryuma?
Also why Nika is rubber? Normal people aren't rubber

Probably, people shouldn't think of gods too literally in OP, Lunarians were regarded as race of gods too.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t think Nika is an actual divine god either, I don’t think they exist in OP.

But it is raising a lot of questions as to how a DF has his essence, for lack of a better word, and why he was rubber.
900 years ago there might have been a lot of mythical beings in OP like Lunarians, Zunisha, Dragons, Nika also being something similar, where they have special abilities.

Could be since he's basically OP's own mythical creature that he got turned into a df by the Ancient Kingdom, which could tie to the creation of df's lore later on and why they are created.

That only works if Nika was from some race that was made out of rubber but got wiped out, or he was a regular human that ascended into myth so people started to assign supernatural powers to him like being rubber and gigantification of body parts. The question would be why such abilities were ascribed to him in the first place.

If it were just the former then it's still inconsistent because it would be an Ancient Zoan instead. If it were just the latter then it's semantics because he would still basically have become a god with supernatural abilities. The same applies if it were a mix of both: he would still be a god even if it is due to post-mortem deification by people.

Also, the Celestial Dragon excuse doesn't work because they are still just human, while the lunarians would just be a variation of the regular human human fruit since they are real and still exist. Those are also just groups and not an individual like Nika. Your example would be more akin to saying "The human human fruit mythical model Charloss "the Celestial Dragon"....or mythical model Alber "God of Fire."

That only works if Nika was from some race that was made out of rubber but got wiped out, or he was a regular human that ascended into myth so people started to assign supernatural powers to him like being rubber and gigantification of body parts. The question would be why such abilities were ascribed to him in the first place.

If it were just the former then it's still inconsistent because it would be an Ancient Zoan instead. If it were just the latter then it's semantics because he would still basically have become a god with supernatural abilities. The same applies if it were a mix of both: he would still be a god even if it is due to post-mortem deification by people.

Also, the Celestial Dragon excuse doesn't work because they are still just human, while the lunarians would just be a variation of the regular human human fruit since they are real and still exist. Those are also just groups and not an individual like Nika. Your example would be more akin to saying "The human human fruit mythical model Doflamingo "the Celestial Dragon"....or mythical model Alber "God of Fire."
Dragons exist/existed in OP too at some point, and Kaido is a mythical zoan, Ryuma slayed a Dragon afterall.

I

Indigo

Let me tell you something

There's isn't a mythical zoan devil fruit for Lunarians or Celestial Dragons

There are for Dragons, Budddha and a Phoenix

Nika is not the same as the Lunarians and Celestial Dragons

Dragons exist/existed in OP too at some point, and Kaido is a mythical zoan, Ryuma slayed a Dragon afterall.
Kaido is the Azure Dragon specifically though, not just "dragon". So it may be the case that actual dragons didn't have the full retinue of abilities he does, just like Yamato is a wolf god when regular wolves exist. Otherwise it just becomes another inconsistency since some ancient creatures that got wiped out are not in the Mythical class but the Ancient one. The distinction between those 2 classes kinda becomes meaningless in that case.

Kaido is the Azure Dragon specifically though, not just "dragon". So it may be the case that actual dragons didn't have the full retinue of abilities he does, just like Yamato is a wolf god when regular wolves exist. Otherwise it just becomes another inconsistency since some ancient creatures that got wiped out are not in the Mythical class but the Ancient one. The distinction between those 2 classes kinda becomes meaningless in that case.
Dragons are still mythical creatures, regardless. Yamato's df is also known the guardian deity of Wano, wouldn't surprise me if her zoan was turned into a df at some point too.

Df's came into existence somehow, and the AK are known to be advanced, would be a way to tie into the df creation lore
Post automatically merged:

Let me tell you something

There's isn't a mythical zoan devil fruit for Lunarians or Celestial Dragons

There are for Dragons, Budddha and a Phoenix

Nika is not the same as the Lunarians and Celestial Dragons
Are Kaido, Sengoku, Marco deities tho?

Dragons are still mythical creatures, regardless. Yamato's df is also known the guardian deity of Wano, wouldn't surprise me if her zoan was turned into a df at some point too.

Df's came into existence somehow, and the AK are known to be advanced, would be a way to tie into the df creation lore
So what differentiates Ancient creatures from Mythical ones then if both are just creatures that existed in the past?

The entire naming scheme of dinosaur fruits uses "dragon" as ancient creatures. The mythical fruit we got was for a specific type of dragon regarded as a deity.

They are legendary zoans, they have extra abilities normal zoans don't have, no further reasons needed.
Then we are back to square one because lots of different variations of creatures have extra abilities that normal ones don't. The 3 eyed-tribe can apparently read poneglyphs, so are they mythical humans? What about Lunarians that can create fire? What about Fishmen? Like mermainds who can transform their limbs which other creatures can't, or special ones like Shirahoshi that controls seas kings (Poseidon)?

Where is the demarcation that makes something count as an extra ability so they can be split into Ancient vs Mythical? Would ancient giants count as ancient or mythical for example?
Does that mean that Buddha was part of a race of giants that could turn their skin golden and produces shockwaves? Or was he a normal human that could somehow do that?