Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously Oda can really pull up a role out of his ass if he wanted too lol
Pretty much people can come up with nonsense reasons to that need to be meet in order for people to join when really there isn't.

Heck we already know from Greg that this shot of the entire Strawhat crew is what Oda originally envisioned of the Strawhat crew:

Greg even asked Oda and said he has been waiting many years to draw a panel like this, pretty much saying there will be another who knows how many could be 1 or 2 or something.

Greg is confident in saying yeah Yamato will join.

He can, but for me, I find it highly absurd, (I.E. my suspension of disbelief), That all of them are the "best" at what they "do" It's nothing but arbitrary bullshit to me.
Anybody who gets to be in the crew by laugh tale is going to be the “best” at their role by virtue of simply being in the crew. The only roles that are definite “best” are ones like Zoro’s and maybe Chopper. Even Nami would need an extra adventure to be consider the best cartographer

Anybody who gets to be in the crew by laugh tale is going to be the “best” at their role by virtue of simply being in the crew. The only roles that are definite “best” are ones like Zoro’s and maybe Chopper. Even Nami would need an extra adventure to be consider the best cartographer
I don't buy it. It's dumb.

I mean, technically there's still one more left. Cat Bros from Kuro's ship were ship defenders or something. That would be perfect role for Bartolomeo though. If only he joined. Yamato is Guardian Wolf Statue or something.
A ship defender would make no sense for the straw hats. It would mean someone would have to stay behind and miss out the whole adventure on the island. What would be the point of having a straw hat that misses every arc because they're defending the ship from nonexistent threats?

Besides, Yamao isn't just a guardian. She's specifically the guardian of Wano. Her association to guarding and protecting, is tied specifically to Momonosuke and Wano Kuni. Not the Thousand Sunny, nor the Straw Hats.

Every single line of Carrot dialogue in Wano:
  • Luffy! Garchu!
  • He was a match for Duke Inuarashi...
  • The plan's falling apart, what're we going to do?!
  • Choniki, you guys look so cool!
  • The cold weather shouldn't be a problem for us, since we have fur.
  • Hey, Kin'emon! Everyone! We're here!
  • Jinbe!
  • Choniki, you look so cool! I didn't know the Sunny had this!
  • You should focus on the battle!
  • Choniki!
  • "No big deal?" That's Big Mom!
  • Gyahhhhhhhhh!
  • Go away, Mr. Sun! Stop calling Big Mom here!
  • Yeah, but...
  • Yeah!
  • Oof!
  • Waah!
  • Yes!
  • Electro!
  • To avenge Pedro! I know who I saw!
  • Moon Raid!
  • That is right if it weren't for him...
  • You are Marco, right?
  • Yeah, you could say that!
  • Urgh...
  • Hnng...!
  • Grrr!
  • AAAAH!
  • Perospero...!!?
  • Master Nekomamushi...!!
  • Master Nekomushi!! His Sulong wore off!!
  • Master Nekomamushi!!
  • Yes sir!!
  • How long will this island stay up?
  • Yes sir!!
I thought that Carrot’s relentless absences were funny but now I see it’s what she‘s said when she does appear that’s actually the most hilarious things.

That’s her contribution to a 150 chapter arc? Jesus Christ.

When she said "Oof!", I felt that...
Top Three Strawhat Moments

Robin- I want to live!
Nami- Help me, Luffy!
Carrot- Oof!

I find it hilarious that some how, some way these characters are Arbitrarily the best at what they do, with Nothing to suggest that in actuality.
I mean, if you look at what we see them do it's really not hard to think they're the absolute best
Like, Sanji being a better chef than anyone at Tottoland. Or Franky being able to build any of the shit he pumps out. Or Nami having the ability to detect the weather.
Post automatically merged:

I thought that Carrot’s relentless absences were funny but now I see it’s what she‘s said when she does appear that’s actually the most hilarious things.
This.

The Strawhat who's gotten the least amount of stuff to do this arc has been Usopp. But at least when he talks, he actually says things that matter or reflect some larger theme. But Carrot? She's barely even a charater anymore lmao

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
All this butthurt drivel because people don't like the dragging, bloated, mid-ridden shitshow of an arc that is Lano. You are not Oda. You don't need to take criticism of his work as if someone just punched your mother. Mend your ass. It's leaking your nasty shit everywhere. That goes for the one at the top of your neck too.

Fully agree. And Luffy actually knowing their name is a good first step. Next, basic interaction with him and his crew.

Of which, neither apply to Yamao fortunately.
You sound unhinged as usual, take a chill pill and

• Luffy! Garchu!
  • Jinbe!
  • Choniki!
  • Gyahhhhhhhhh!
  • Yeah, but...
  • Yeah!
  • Oof!
  • Waah!
  • Yes!
  • Electro!
  • Moon Raid!
  • You are Marco, right?
  • Urgh...
  • Hnng...!
  • Grrr!
  • AAAAH!
  • Perospero...!!?
  • Master Nekomamushi!!
  • Yes sir!!
  • Yes sir!!
That's so foul, 5 lines in and we're already near Onigashima :kailaugh:

Last edited:
Yamato declares before attacking Kaido that she'll sail with Luffy. He says she'll never leave even with her cuffs gone.
Momo declares before attacking Kaido that he'll become shogun.

Along with the other contrasting parallels, they have a clear contrasting goal. One has been stuck in Wano and wants to leave. The other has been stuck outside of Wano and wants to rule it. Neither of them has questioned or second guessed their goal.

I've shown this before, but Oda paralleled this scene to show it's the same. If Momo becomes shogun after the war (which is obvious), Yamato is achieving her's of going out to sea (should also be obvious). She wouldn't rant about unleashing the samurai into the world if she wouldn't be part of them.

• Luffy! Garchu!
  • Jinbe!
  • Choniki!
  • Gyahhhhhhhhh!
  • Yeah, but...
  • Yeah!
  • Oof!
  • Waah!
  • Yes!
  • Electro!
  • Moon Raid!
  • You are Marco, right?
  • Urgh...
  • Hnng...!
  • Grrr!
  • AAAAH!
  • Perospero...!!?
  • Master Nekomamushi!!
  • Yes sir!!
  • Yes sir!!
Ah yes, all essential and groundbreaking remarks from the next Straw Hat.

Definitely not the person using up a million panels in just the latest chapter (1045) just showing her reaction to Gear 5th Luffy.

:gokulaugh:

Last edited:
:brootea:
Strange. I get a W again which come from unpopular character on "random" basis. Back to back

My girl hiyori got some development in 1044 and now my boy got mentioned in 1045
:finally:

Maybe a bit exaggerated. But I really feel like oda really want me to push my hiyori4nakama and pedro4nakama out of me. I feel like Im moving on the right path:myman:

And it should be a warning for you guys to stop sleeping on my girl hiyori and my boy pedro

Well the stakes are indeed high

Because if one panel will be enough to confirm Carrot as a strawhat.

0 Panels - In other word, no reaction from Carrot will lower her chances, even by my standards. I would say from 99% to 75%

Like I said on twitter..

The next two chapters will be crucial for the CarrotForNakama Theory

--

A reaction from Carrot toward Luffy is the one panel I'm waiting since the death of Pedro. This moment is EXACTLY the right time to do it.

Let's wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.