Character Discussion Zoro has the responsibilities of a vice captain

Sanji-Bros are jerking off to the fact Zoro is not an "official" vice captain, since the straw hat pirates do not have such a position. Yet, Zoro has the responsibilities of a vice captain. Call it vice captain or right hand man, but he stands above Sanji in that regard. The Manga is testament to it.

- In Luffy's absence, Zoro takes the role of the vice captain. Sanji only commands in both Luffy's and Zoro's absence.

- He is the one stepping forward first when it comes to sacrificing himself for the captain, as it was the case at Thriller Bark, where he sacrificed his dream to save Luffy. First, ordering everyone to stay back as he is the one to take on Kuma

- Then deciding to give his life for Luffy. Sanji stepped forward only after Zoro. And even then, Zoro was the one to take responsibility, while putting Sanji to rest.

- When Luffy made his crew escape from Crocodile in Alabasta to take him on himself, while telling his crew to take care of Vivi, the focus immediately shifted to Zoro, with him being the one to take command and Sanji simply agreeing:

- Even in Luffy's presence, Zoro is the one taking responsibility and exercises his authority. That was evident when Luffy, in Water 7 was to immediately forgive Usopp but Zoro was the one to forbid Luffy from doing it, saying that either Luffy teaches his crew proper respect, or he himself is the one to leave next. The moment where Sanji himself obediently agreed with Zoro, even though Zoro told Nami (who Sanji is simping for) to shut up. A powerful moment indeed.

When Luffy shows weakness, it is Zoro who reminds him to stay strong and to endure it, for he is the captain.

In Wano, Zoro was also seen taking command in Luffy's absence, including commanding Sanji:

Especially the points of Zoro scolding Luffy and telling him what to do and to stay strong to be a worthy captain, is not just right hand man material but straight out vice captain responsibilities. Neither Marco nor King would tell their captains what to do. Zoro does.

@HA001 @nik87 @Light D Lamperouge @Fenaker @ConquistadoR @Cinera @Veku @MonsterKaido @Chrono @Chaves @Jiihad @TheAncientCenturion @Gol D. Roger @Den_Den_Mushi @Sentinel @Finalbeta @Tyki_Mikk etc.

I feel like we are getting close to when Zoro will officially receive his Vice captain/FM/RM title and position.

I find it interesting that we got the color spread placing Zoro as the number 2. With Volume 102 released there's a section talking about that color spread. It reminds me of when Kaido hinted at Zoro having CoC but it was left out of vivre card.

With the manga setting up Zoro's return it would be the perfect opportunity for Luffy to announce his position as vice captain/FM/RM.

I have absolutely no idea how this scan is comparable. Zoro takes command in the presence of all straw hats. Chopper in this scan just expresses his resentment and wants to help those children as a med.
Most of the examples you showed weren't Zoro taking command. They were mostly him providing emotional support or advising other characters. The only one you could kind of make a case for was the first one, and even that was just telling the Strawhats to stay out of his fight.
I'll admit my Chopper example wasn't a very good one, but yes you could do this for most of the Strawhats.
Example 1:

Example 2:

Most of the examples you showed weren't Zoro taking command. They were mostly him providing emotional support or advising other characters. The only one you could kind of make a case for was the first one, and even that was just telling the Strawhats to stay out of his fight.
I'll admit my Chopper example wasn't a very good one, but yes you could do this for most of the Strawhats.
Example 1:

Example 2:
Example 1: Nami is the navigator of the ship, doing her responsibility as the navigator.
Example 2: Franky being emotional seeing how the people of Dressrosa are suffering and saying he wants to take Doflamingo down (ended up fighting an underling of an underling of Doflamingo, not even a direct underling).

My examples show:
- Zoro being the first to step forward and sacrifice himself in Luffy's place
- Zoro taking command in Luffy's absence and telling the other straw hats what to do
- Scolding Luffy and reminding him of what it means to be a captain

That's a whole other story to the other straw hats doing their job (Chopper being a good med, Nami being a good navigator, Franky crying because he sees people suffering).

The scans I posted show why Zoro has the qualities of a vice captain. Navigating a ship or crying are not the qualities of a vice captain.

Nah it's a random page I had saved on my computer
Yeah I can tell, lol. Comrade gave a number of examples with Zoro showing leadership skills by commanding the other Straw Hats or speaking on behalf of Luffy. You gave less examples featuring different characters in each. One with Franky not commanding but pleading to Luffy while also saying he'd act independently (Sanji on the sea train would be a better example, but still not actually leading the crew), another with Chopper speaking up but getting a verbal override from Robin and a subsequent save from Sanji, and Nami... navigating. Is Zoro giving orders the equivalent to Nami navigating? I think that's sort of the point we're making man.

I can't think of any compilation. Sanji had some moments where he took initiative, but it only was in Zoro's absence. And even then, that initiative was not of the same magnitude.
The same could be said for zoro. Just replace sanjis name in your sentence. At least sanji has a better history of making the best decisions and actually leading the crew

The same could be said for zoro. Just replace sanjis name in your sentence. At least sanji has a better history of making the best decisions and actually leading the crew
Zoro was taking the lead and speaking on Luffy's behalf while Sanji was being next to him, either agreeing or simply being silent. No one is denying that Sanji is good at taking the lead or doing good decisions. But he usually does this in Zoro's absence. You don't see Sanji taking the lead with Zoro next to him.

Example 1: Nami is the navigator of the ship, doing her responsibility as the navigator.
And telling the other Strawhats what to do
It's not like it's an isolated instance or whatever. She advises Luffy on how to do his job all the time.

Example 2: Franky being emotional seeing how the people of Dressrosa are suffering and saying he wants to take Doflamingo down (ended up fighting an underling of an underling of Doflamingo, not even a direct underling).
Franky taking initiative, to the point that he'll refuse to abandon them no matter what Luffy tells him. And then his speech convined Luffy to not go along with Law's plan. He's advising Luffy on their course of action

Zoro being the first to step forward and sacrifice himself in Luffy's place
Yes, that was a powerful moment, but I don't see how that means Zoro has the responsibilities of a Vice Captain.
Zoro taking command in Luffy's absence and telling the other straw hats what to do
But the only moment that fit that was the Thriller Bark example, and that was mainly him telling the Strawhats to stay out of his fight
Scolding Luffy and reminding him of what it means to be a captain
Fair enough