Rate this chapter

• Total voters
No joke, chapter was really enjoyable to read, gear 5 grew on me and giant god luffy is amazing. Although i hope Oda keeps gags at bare minimum to not destroy the tension in fights :kata:
im not with gear fifth bit is was an enjoyable chapter drom the spoilers. the actual chapter is a bit confusing and forgettable but it wasnt bad.

I can repeat what I told you in the spoiler thread if you want; your post is a pointless mess anyways.

The tone hasn't changed; you are being dishonest by picking some of the most dramatic events pre timeskip as if they represented the series as a whole, especially because dramatic situations will keep happening anyways. There's also a mislecture here on your part because stuff like Ace dying to Luffy or losing his crew won't happen again as that's indeed the point of the timeskip, so good luck expecting such radical events in the future. On top of this, you're mistaking "being goofy" with "acting immature"; you just had him putting his life on risk and thinking of those he made a promise to and even gave their life because, at the end of the day, Luffy —no matter how goofy he superficially seems— is totally aware of how dangerous Kaido is. Luffy is still addressing that he needs to defeat Kaido or he will murder everyone and that he's exhausting himself to a very dangerous point; if you guys won't look beyond the goofy surface then that's your problem, not mine.

He wouldn't have awakened his god powers without the growth from Ace's death or Kuma's attack; I'm not the biggest fan of the new Gomu Gomu either (everything we're seeing right now could work without a Nika fruit), but at least I'm not making up absurdities like that when Oda is clearly going for the idea that awakening the Gomu Gomu required a distinctive attitude from his user to work; hence why it didn't awaken for centuries.

By the way, Zoro reaffirming to Luffy that he cannot play pirate games or bullshit is, ironically enough, the bullshit itself: Luffy gave a crap about him because Luffy is taking things serious but not in the way Zoro stubbornly wants him to. Which is why he jumped into Enies Lobby carelessly even though an strategy was designed yet that didn't stop him from giving his all until Lucci was down.
Yeah bullshit. The growth came from him ironically taking things seriously. Which also would have happened without ace dying. Did he need ace to die to learn gear 2 to save Robin? No.

Did he need aces death to help him realize that he wasn't ready for the new world? Also no since Kuma low diffing his crew did that to him. So your actual point is BS.

In ever instance we see luffy thinking back to how Tama and wano were treated which further fueled him to learn and master advanced ryou. This entire time the tone was set that he took it seriously. He even made mention while fighting ulti thats he should note be taking things lightly (referencing what zoro has told him) and further stated that he shouldn't since this is a yonkos crew and territory.

So the only one bullshitting here is you. There is now 0 tension in this luffy vs kaido fight. Luffy being a mytical zoan is fine since it explains why he was this strong in the first place and why he could recover so quickly. But they way oda is portraying him is laughable at best. There is not a single scene in pretimeskip once piece via a luffy fight that looks this ridiculous in terms of tension
Post automatically merged:

I literally just refuted all of this in the post. lmao.

lol. This is objectively not true.
You can't refute his lineage so you capping .

It is objectively true since immediately his rubber body came into affect. Now I don't know if you be reading two piece but every single zoan fruits ability surfaced the moment a person ate it. Chopper immediately saw results when eating a human fruit. To add we see from earlier once piece that luffys recoverbility is insane especially when eating meat.

Luffy was blessed by destiny,but if he hadn't trained hard he would still be sitting in the east blue.

Kaido is losing strenght,the end of this fight is near.

Maybe logia awakening turns the enemy's body into their element.
The problem is that he was destined to have the best training partners ever. He was blessed the genetic bloodline that would make his training most affective

Another trash chapter. thanks oda. when we think u cant do worst, you bring a chapt like this one.
Even trash boruto is better than this.

Somehow the just awakened at deathdoor luffy knows how to do all that attacks without any kind of training and without any kind of experience vs a hyped YONKO that has tons of years of experience. :D
AND luffy is actually playing with him lmao... whats even worse, is this laugh comedic sh*it, this is just too much. I was expecting some serious fight as it should be vs a yonko... but no... lets shit on yonkos and on a fight that should be really important.
I know oda uses some laugh shit parts its part of the manga, but this is just too much.

So much for useless yonkos. so much for getting better with actual experience/training.
better end the manga already oda, you are just humiliating urself with this trash. thank god ur sales are going down, serves u right.

Are people still going to say Luffy is not a chosen one that got godly powers by fate?
For real.

Cant understand how people defend so much OP when its clearly declining as hell.

Luffy almost dead, gets buffed with a destined power from the god, the most powerfull ability, the chosen one. No experience, no training and uses it no prob at first try.

Obvsly luffy would win against kaido, hes the mc. but like this is just bs. it was bs already when he fell to the water and magically was rescued. what a trainwreck

Last edited:
Another trash chapter. thanks oda. when we think u cant do worst, you bring a chapt like this one.

Somehow the just awakened at deathdoor luffy knows how to do all that attacks without any kind of training and without any kind of experience vs a hyped YONKO that has tons of years of experience. :D
AND luffy is actually playing with him lmao... whats even worse, is this laugh comedic sh*it, this is just too much. I was expecting some serious fight as it should be vs a yonko... but no... lets shit on yonkos and on a fight that should be really important.
I know oda uses some laugh shit parts its part of the manga, but this is just too much.

So much for useless yonkos. so much for getting better with actual experience/training.
better end the manga already oda, you are just humiliating urself with this trash. thank god ur sales are going down, serves u right.

For real.

Cant understand how people defend so much OP when its clearly declining as hell.

Luffy almost dead, gets buffed with a destined power from the god, the most powerfull ability, the chosen one. No experience, no training and uses it no prob at first try.

Obvsly luffy would win against kaido, hes the mc. but like this is just bs. it was bs already when he fell to the water and magically was rescued. what a trainwreck
Cope:kobeha:

Aside from this being one of the best fights you'll ever read in a shounen

Heres some important notes from this chapter:

Luffy is confirmed to be all white in his Awakening form. Pure White hair and Body. Which is a massive relief because everyone thought he had Golden hair and I really hated that. We don't need another Super Saiyan transformation reference. That would have felt generic. This feels WAY more unique. Plus Luffy being All White is another Direct Contrast to Blackbeard. The Black & The White, The Light & The Dark etc etc. The same way Whitebeard was. Which sort of suggests that Luffy is the next "Big Good" of the Pirate World the same way Whitebeard was.

Kaido confirms for us that, Luffy is coated in BOTH Armament AND Conqueror's Haki. This is a reminder that Haki is invisible and it's not always going to be shown to us.

Last and most importantly, Kaido is outright confirming that Zoan types Transform when they Awaken. Which is a huge deal. Because it suggests that, if Kaido has Awakening then he has another Transformation up his sleeve.

This confirmation implies something else. He says specifically that Paramecias Transform the Environment, and that Zoans Transform. But he never confirmed what Logias do when they Awaken. Meaning that their Awakening is likely completely different than the other 2 types and NOT changing the environment like people initially thought. So Aokiji & Akainu's feat on Punk Hazard is NOT a product of their Awakening.
did...this...guy... just say...that.... "Aside from this being one of the best fights you'll ever read in a shounen".

how many shounens have u seen?

Last edited by a moderator:

For real.

Why you gotta violate Boruto?

Aside from this being one of the best fights you'll ever read in a shounen

Heres some important notes from this chapter:

Luffy is confirmed to be all white in his Awakening form. Pure White hair and Body. Which is a massive relief because everyone thought he had Golden hair and I really hated that. We don't need another Super Saiyan transformation reference. That would have felt generic. This feels WAY more unique. Plus Luffy being All White is another Direct Contrast to Blackbeard. The Black & The White, The Light & The Dark etc etc. The same way Whitebeard was. Which sort of suggests that Luffy is the next "Big Good" of the Pirate World the same way Whitebeard was.

Kaido confirms for us that, Luffy is coated in BOTH Armament AND Conqueror's Haki. This is a reminder that Haki is invisible and it's not always going to be shown to us.

Last and most importantly, Kaido is outright confirming that Zoan types Transform when they Awaken. Which is a huge deal. Because it suggests that, if Kaido has Awakening then he has another Transformation up his sleeve.

This confirmation implies something else. He says specifically that Paramecias Transform the Environment, and that Zoans Transform. But he never confirmed what Logias do when they Awaken. Meaning that their Awakening is likely completely different than the other 2 types and NOT changing the environment like people initially thought. So Aokiji & Akainu's feat on Punk Hazard is NOT a product of their Awakening.
Best fights? Is this your first Shonen?

Am I the only one who has started to lose interest in One Piece?
Nah, you definitely aint the only one. I don't like this direction that it's going

Already talked about the Luffy & Fate thing:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/one-piece-themes-fate-fighting-the-odds.13508/

No he's not a chosen one or chosen by destiny or any of that stuff.

People focus way too much on what he has instead of thinking about how he got them.
Luffy earned everything single that he has.
Luffy worked his ass off through constant struggle and failure to master all of his abilities. Going through countless near death scenarios and having to literally die to achieve this Awakening.
Pointing out who he's related to doesn't mean anything either because One Piece has never placed bloodline on a pedestal. This story goes out of it's way to repeatedly tell us that bloodline doesn't matter and that it doesn't define you so it baffles me that people would even use this point.
Luffy is friends with famous individuals who help him solely because he earned their respect.

The reason the Joyboy stuff doesn't really matter is because not only did Joyboy himself fail, but the fruit has been passed around for 800 years. That means people have been eating this fruit for centuries and none of them were able to bring the dawn let alone achieve awakening. So just having the fruit doesn't make anyone a chosen one.

This is all just Luffy. This is all because of who he is and the work he put in to make it this far.
all that gets negated cuz of the changes to his fruit and also he's got the will of "D"

For real.

This is what lengths fans will go to defend it. Like don't be a stan

Last edited:
did...this...guy... just say...that.... "Aside from this being one of the best fights you'll ever read in a shounen".

how many shounens have u seen?
w8 thats not the question. the question is: do u swallow when oda cu*s inside ur mouth?
whats wrong with ppl liking the story now ?
critizing is fine but insulting other people who have different opinion is trash
influencing other readers to hate One Piece must be a pleasure for you
what a tard

Some things about awakening made sense.

(1) Giant body instead of just giant arm. This one was perfect. I even checked the size of Luffy's hand. It fits with Gear 3.

(2) Bouncy castle/ground. A lot of people guessed this one.

But Oda has gotta cut the "laughing" shit off. There is a time and place for everything. Now is not the time.