Why are some Americans insecure and whiny?

With respect Drago, that’s not what they want. I have a trans housemate, and all she wants is
  • For randos to stop asking about her genitals
  • For the media to stop demonising trans people (she’s too afraid to even play social sports because of all the stigma surrounding trans people)
  • For people to respect the way she wants to be addressed. This is no different from asking a person of Asian background if they prefer to be called by their Chinese name or Anglicised name
  • To be protected by discrimination laws in the same way you should not be able to fire someone for being gay or being Black.

That’s it. She would love to have a job, date and form friendships just like you and I. As with every group, some activists are beyond insufferable but this doesn’t invalidate the points they’re trying to make.
Mmm people are gonna talk, no matter what, she needs to learn live like that, after all, she knew what she was up to. If you dont want people to judge you by your aspects, then change, otherwise learn to not give weight to their words and be happy just as you are... and when I say just as you are I dont mean you can disrespect other people.
Post automatically merged:

Well, the US is still a part of America so there is nothing really wrong with calling them Americans. And there is nothing to feel offensive about as he's clearly talking about the Americans from the US.
Yeah, but you are generalizing all the people. There is so many countries in America. I also live in America and not because that I live in USA.

Well, that is just my opinion.

America? Lol, should I adress to UK by their continent?

U.S.A, they dont own the name of America, it is stupid as if they represented a whole continent.
United States of America. That’s why people who live here are called American, even by people who live in this continent outside of the US lol

United States of America. That’s why people who live here are called American, even by people who live in this continent outside of the US lol
Yeah, reason it is wrong, they need to be addressed as USA lol. They dont have really a name. For example, in spanish we dont call them Americanos, we calll them estadounienses or gringos.

Well, I think it is stupid to take the name of a whole continent for themselves, it leaves out of the picture what America really is.

Yeah, reason it is wrong, they need to be addressed as USA lol. They dont have really a name. For example, in spanish we dont call them Americanos, we calll them estadounienses or gringos.

Well, I think it is stupid to take the name of a whole continent for themselves, it leaves out of the picture what America really is.
Nah they do call them Americanos. Idk where you’re from but I have heard that a lot, alongside gringos

This is also such a pretty thing to be annoyed about. When you say “American” people instantly recognize who you’re talking about.

B

Ballel

The conservatives have turned America into the laughing stock of the whole fucking world
  • Routine mass shootings and profound levels of gun violence compared to other developed countries
  • For profit healthcare system
  • For profit higher education system
  • Record numbers of people in prison
  • High levels of wealth inequality

The American dream is literally dying yet all some people care about is “b-buh cancel culture”. “b-buh trans people”. Get a grip.
Hating to break it to you. But the "American dream" was never a thing.
Likewise, the USA is not a developed country.
The USA is a country where some with extreme wealth basically terrorize, extort, enslave the rest and do their best to limit access to education, health or anything that makes life worthwhile.

For instance, those laws that criminalise abortions are only there to generate more sick, uneducated slaves.

Idk what's going on in the heads of some leftists who want to paint the US as some sort of immigrant's Paradise where everyone can live happily ever after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah they do call them Americanos. Idk where you’re from but I have heard that a lot, alongside gringos

This is also such a pretty thing to be annoyed about. When you say “American” people instantly recognize who you’re talking about.
I am not arguing on how things are, I know that when people say american, they refer to people born in USA. I am saying, that it should be wrong.

Even Canada is in America, and are not called americans.

Have seen many people who live in another continent been asked, "Have you visited America?" and as you say, they think they are referring to just U.S.A, but America is divided in 3, north, center, and south, so why does a person needs to asume that the question was just refferring to USA? That is what I am saying it is silly.

Nigeriano, Mexicano, Salvadoreño, Canadiense, and bla bla bla. Maybe I am just butthurted.

I am not arguing on how things are, I know that when people say american, they refer to people born in USA. I am saying, that it should be wrong.

Have seen many people who live in another continent been asked, "Have you visited America?" and as you say, they think they are referring to just U.S.A, but America is divided in 3, north, center, and south, so why does a person needs to asume that the question was just refferring to USA? That is what I am saying it is silly.

Nigeriano, Mexicano, Salvadoreño, Canadiense, and bla bla bla. Maybe I am just butthurted.
Yes you are lol. Specially when people are more tied to the nation than their continent. If you were to ask a Dominican for example if they are american they would likely feel insulted and tell you they're dominican, when they're technically both

Plus funny you include mexico in there when I'm pretty sure their full name is United States of Mexico lol.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Yeah, but you are generalizing all the people. There is so many countries in America. I also live in America and not because that I live in USA.
To be really honest, the term American is a synonym with "citizen of the US" for most of the world—it's probably because they don't have a separate term—as far as I know—to refer to them like Canadian, Mexican, Brazilian, etc. It has nothing to do with the US people wanting to steal the "American" identity. It's not like they go around asking people to refer to only them as "Americans" or anything. Also, the fact that the US is the most popular American country probably plays a role in this IMO.

Also, as I said, the OP made it pretty clear that he's talking about the US, and they are just as American as any other American country. So there is nothing wrong with calling them American. If I refer to someone from Mexico, I presume you're Mexican, as an American it doesn't mean I don't consider Canadians as American.

It has to do with how well known these countries are. For one, I know people who know Canada, the US, Mexico, etc are American countries, so they naturally think all of their citizens as Americans. But they have no idea where the fuck countries like Guyana, Aruba, and Uruguay are, so they wouldn't know these are Americans. And it is not Canada/Brazil/Mexico's fault that they don't know this. Likewise, I don't think it's is the US' fault that the other American countries aren't as well known.

To be really honest, the term American is a synonym with "citizen of the US" for most of the world—it's probably because they don't have a separate term—as far as I know—to refer to them like Canadian, Mexican, Brazilian, etc. It has nothing to do with the US people wanting to steal the "American" identity. It's not like they go around asking people to refer to only them as "Americans" or anything. Also, the fact that the US is the most popular American country probably plays a role in this IMO.

Also, as I said, the OP made it pretty clear that he's talking about the US, and they are just as American as any other American country. So there is nothing wrong with calling them American. If I refer to someone from Mexico, I presume you're Mexican, as an American it doesn't mean I don't consider Canadians as American.
Yeah, I understand you.

doesn't that term specifically refer to white people(who are only like 70% of the population in the US)?

Right now Red America (Florida,Texas,South Dakota) is still good,its still the land of the brave and the land of freedom. You have less taxes and less obstacles to create new buinsesses,and you had less c**id restrictions. Blue America (New York,California) its instead becoming worse and worse. Less freedom of speech,less freedom of movement,etc.

Right now Red America (Florida,Texas,South Dakota) is still good,its still the land of the brave and the land of freedom. You have less taxes and less obstacles to create new buinsesses,and you had less c**id restrictions. Blue America (New York,California) its instead becoming worse and worse. Less freedom of speech,less freedom of movement,etc.
The republican governors are utter clowns. I've lived in a red state all my life and I still don't know how people legitimately support them.

"more freedoms" except:
  • draconian abortion laws
  • banning schools from talking about things like critical race theory and lgbt stuff due to mass hysteria.
  • voting restrictions

red state taxes are regressive

In texas, where I live, there is no state income tax. But as a result, the state makes its money through things like sales tax. The issue is that sales tax disproportionately effects the poor, as they have to pay a higher percentage of their income on taxes.

Last edited:
The republican governors are utter clowns. I've lived in a red state all my life and I still don't know how people legitimately support them.

"more freedoms" except:
  • draconian abortion laws
  • banning schools from talking about things like critical race theory and lgbt stuff due to mass hysteria.
  • voting restrictions
Expect none of that is true,but just Democratic Party propaganda.

- "Draconian abortion law" please! Dems act like abortion is forbidden in Texas,which is not! But forgive Texas if it doesnt allows abortion on month 9!
- There is no ban on any subject,just attention on things that are yet to be verified
- This one about the voting restriction is the oldest one: now,lets remember that entire America has terrible elections law,American elections are surely the most fraudulent of the western world,but requiring an ID to register to vote is good,and Dems should still explain WHY this should be racist. There was never been a logical explanation on that,in the same way Dems invented the non-sense "Dont Say Gay" slogan. Absurd!

Expect none of that is true,but just Democratic Party propaganda.

- "Draconian abortion law" please! Dems act like abortion is forbidden in Texas,which is not! But forgive Texas if it doesnt allows abortion on month 9!
They banned it after 6 weeks. Literally a month and a half.

- There is no ban on any subject,just attention on things that are yet to be verified
I do not understand why republicans are so afraid of education. The party has basically become anti-education at this point. The whole "public schools are grooming children and indoctrinating them" point is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

- This one about the voting restriction is the oldest one: now,lets remember that entire America has terrible elections law,American elections are surely the most fraudulent of the western world,but requiring an ID to register to vote is good,and Dems should still explain WHY this should be racist. There was never been a logical explanation on that,in the same way Dems invented the non-sense "Dont Say Gay" slogan. Absurd!
There is no data that suggests voter fraud is a pervasive issue or that it somehow determines the outcomes of elections. This is just copium from tards like Trump when they lose their elections.

B

Ballel

yo wtf bruh

I do not understand why republicans are so afraid of education. The party has basically become anti-education at this point. The whole "public schools are grooming children and indoctrinating them" point is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
More uneducated people = more voters for them
Abortion laws for the same reason.
More babies in underprivileged, poor households with no access to healthcare and education creates more voters (if white) and more victims/slaves for them(if not white). Oh well, the whites become slaves too tho.