Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Does anyone want to know just how Mihawk got so strong? If @wordyworm ’s theory holds, he would have been raised away from Rayleigh, but was strong enough to be a super rookie at 19 and later the undisputed WSS. If he’s not Ray and Shakky’s child, how did he make it on his own without the connections or hax DFs that other top tiers enjoy? Mihawk is probably the greatest ‘self made man’ story of OP, proving that it is possible to go solo and become a top tier, but ultimately missing the powerful bonds that Zoro has with Luffy and the rest of his crew.

Side note: Is anyone hopeful that Hiyori learned a little bit of swordfighting from Denjiro? Would be awesome to see her take on Orochi with Oden’s sword if Momo can’t wield it.
self made regardless of his lineage. if zoro was ushimaru's son, would be the same.
rayleigh was on roger's crew around the time he was born so he prob wasnt trained by him. if he wasnt his dad , mihawk climbed the ranks on his own with no df which is impressive.
I think him and zoro are just workaholics. people you constantly see training, trying to improve or better than the other person. might explain why he kept challenging other swordsmen till he was the best and got bored. it also explains why he is bored, because he genuinely wants to go up against someone better than him .

W

wordyworm

Does anyone want to know just how Mihawk got so strong? If @wordyworm ’s theory holds, he would have been raised away from Rayleigh, but was strong enough to be a super rookie at 19 and later the undisputed WSS. If he’s not Ray and Shakky’s child, how did he make it on his own without the connections or hax DFs that other top tiers enjoy? Mihawk is probably the greatest ‘self made man’ story of OP, proving that it is possible to go solo and become a top tier, but ultimately missing the powerful bonds that Zoro has with Luffy and the rest of his crew.

Side note: Is anyone hopeful that Hiyori learned a little bit of swordfighting from Denjiro? Would be awesome to see her take on Orochi with Oden’s sword if Momo can’t wield it.
Yes! Who trained Mihawk is one of the great mysteries! I think he must have had at least *some* guidance, because there's a lot of things that you can't learn from only training by yourself. Think about how much Zoro had to have haki explained to him, even though he studied with a master swordsman for most of his youth! Granted, Zoro was in East Blue, and knowledge about haki is probably more common among sword students who were born on the GL.

Zoro's weightlifting routine that he's had since a kid has allowed him to grow really strong, but it didn't give him the practical skills that are useful in battle. You have to have a lot of fights to get good at fighting. Gotta do the thing to be good at the thing. For a lone-wolf "self-study" student, that means meeting a lot of people who are better than you, sometimes getting your ass kicked, carefully observing them, and hoping that you get some kind of James Bond villain who explains everything to you someday.

That path seems like it would delay a student's growth and limit their young potential. Obviously, Zoro has made up for a lot of lost time and learned a lot more than most people ever would, because he's a generational talent. But imagine if he'd had all that haki knowledge earlier!

Young swordfighters like Mihawk and Shanks, who seemingly were at the top already in their late teens/early 20s, must have benefited from instruction in their earlier years.

My headcanon is that Mihawk was sent to several different sword schools, each time looking for a new school once he'd exhausted his teachers' knowledge. I also think he studied in Wano for a while, but that's just wishful thinking. In my fanfic, his first sensei was Roger's old teacher.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
It's as you said, he could been the best greatest self made story told. But then again, it's reasonable to suspect Shanks played a large part in his growth. The more we learn, the more obvious it is his duels with Shanks were a highlight for both of their pirate careers.

Nah. Any shred of hope I could've had were dashed last chapter. It's clear she used those 13 years to become the top oiran. Any side training she probably did being negligible. Besides, after Rebecca who was introduced as a warrior and still didn't get the chance to take out Diamante, Hiyori is even less likely. It'd also rob Momo of his arc.

For a lone-wolf "self-study" student, that means meeting a lot of people who are better than you, sometimes getting your ass kicked, carefully observing them, and hoping that you get some kind of James Bond villain who explains everything to you someday.
Yeah you’d think that a lone wolf would have to learn by trial and error but given Mihawk’s attitude towards defeat and getting your blades nicked, it’s hard to imagine him doing a Luffy where you charge at the same strong guy, get smacked and carry on until you ultimately surpass him. At the same time, I can’t imagine there would be many individuals capable of formally teaching Mihawk.

it's reasonable to suspect Shanks played a large part in his growth. The more we learn, the more obvious it is his duels with Shanks were a highlight for both of their pirate careers.
The Vivre Card uses the kanji meaning ‘mutually sharpening swords’ to indicate that they competed ruthlessly. So yeah, Mihawk and Shanks grew together and their rivalry made them stronger. The current warlord batch were the Supernova of their generation but it’s interesting to see how Shanks and Mihawk truly elevated themselves above the rest.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
A little bit disappointed with Zoro's absence on the last page. I want to believe he'll take part in the fight against Kaido.
As @LANJI CUCKSMOKE noted it doesn't confirm matchups. Actually if you wanna make a parallel with trying to take down another Yonko, the group that was presented like that was
and we know they failed.
Sanji, using what he is best at, cooking, helped take down, momentarily, Linlin. Sanji appeared with Luffy and Linlin on the cover here
similarly to how Zoro appeared with Luffy and Kaido on the cover here
so you can draw a parallel and conclude that Zoro, using what he is best at, fighting, will take down Kaido.

There are also other things referencing it. The magazine about the new Ryuma in Wano.
Zoro getting Enma, one of the 2 swords that scarred Kaido, with the other one being associated with Orochi in Japanese mythology.
When Yasuie is talking about defeating Kaido, to take Kaido's head appears directly above Zoro.

Luffy Law and Kidd will serve as a nice warm up for Kaido before Zoro shows up. :steef:

Also Zoro is set to fight someone who eviscerates Kaido, I am talking about Mihawk of course, so it's no biggie.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
It lowkey suits him lol
A little bit disappointed with Zoro's absence on the last page. I want to believe he'll take part in the fight against Kaido.
It's not really relevant when it comes to upcoming match ups. It's unfortunate that the parameters of discussion are sometimes so childish, that if you're a fan of a character, you overreact to trivial things like this. It's almost like a defense mechanism because you know some users are just waiting for any opening to nitpick and troll Zoro or Sanji or any other character.

This scene was about the 3 top Supernova CAPTAINS getting back into the center stage. Zoro will put in work during the war.

He's always been the right hand man and not always in the eye of the storm like Luffy. And for me, that's one of his biggest charms.