• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
clashing with wb equally
clashing with akainu
and kaido recognizing him as one of the people that can go toe to toe with him
are individual feats tho.
Yes you are right, im not down playing Shanks and his greatness but you cant just say Mihawk is irrelevant just cuz captains aint mentioning his name. He literally just chills and has no obvious goal (kinda like Saitama).

Why would captains name drop him if he isnt going for the same goal or isnt causing them trouble?

I usually try not to involve myself with this power scaling crap, but I just don't get why Mihawk gets people so worked up.

Dude must be the biggest paradox in the story if his rival Shanks is so much stronger than him but he wants some random noob swordsman to surpass him instead. At the very worst they should be close equals but somehow Mihawk is supposedly absolute crap because of portrayal. Dude is a tier below his rival but somehow he needs a stronger rival at the same time.

If we're playing by portrayal piece again, just remember what happened to Kidd. Lmao. King of benefit of the doubt and he clearly didn't live up to his portrayal.

Even after he became a Yonkou, in front of WB - his prescence was entirely reduced to "Roger's apprentice" and "the dude who used to duel the WSS before".

And stop pretending like Mihawk does not have a similar growth rate to Shanks, makes zero sense considering Oda portrayed them as rivals.

"Even after he became a Yonkou, in front of WB - his prescence was entirely reduced to "Roger's apprentice" and "the dude who used to duel the WSS before"."

indeed but if you read the sentence, it stated he evolved into an equal presence with wb, hence he grew from those prev labels.
why should I believe he has an equal growth rate when the last relevant thing he has done was 12+ yrs ago
while shanks continues to put himself amongst the strongest in the world not just those in the niche swordsman category.

I think it's not necessary for Momo to carry the island, Luffy destroys the island while he makes those flame clouds below the island to carry the people falling to bring them down on land slowly

"Even after he became a Yonkou, in front of WB - his prescence was entirely reduced to "Roger's apprentice" and "the dude who used to duel the WSS before"."

indeed but if you read the sentence, it stated he evolved into an equal presence with wb, hence he grew from those prev labels.
why should I believe he has an equal growth rate when the last relevant thing he has done was 12+ yrs ago
while shanks continues to put himself amongst the strongest in the world not just those in the niche swordsman category.
Seems like your view about Shanks switch a bit?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
And this was after all that evolution, when he met WB what did WB refer to him as?

Lanji on the low top tier Posthawk train :milaugh:

Seriously though, is he still the WSS or not? Meaning, till now he hasnt found his worthy rival who can challenge him. And still treats Shanks as a one armed has been, with Shanks still to this date being referred to as the dude who duelled Mihawk in the past.

B

Ballel

Oda uses something called [sound effects] that refer to a character's feeling or the clarification of a specific sound that occurs during the events of the manga In the case of Kaido in the Hiryuu panel, used [ゾワ] which is used for someone who trembles, like shivering with fear

read the manga and stop bitching about takes that doesn't align with your feelings.
Oh damn, I knew a site once that listed all the common sound effects in manga but I have lost it...

did zoro get stronger as a swordsman fighting a guy who uses a club like kaido ?
yes
so does mihawk stand to gain from challenging someone like kaido if he is so ugh .... bored ?
yes

people have to understand mihawk knows his place in the world .

I wish Oda released an actual Swordman top 10 ranking, that would clear up a lot. If there's a world strongest, there should also be some runner ups, that fought for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.