Who is the strongest character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Mihawk still thinks that he can take Shanks though?
if you mean take as in defeat
I don't think so ,its sort of seems like he isn't interested in it due to his handicap
did he even "take " shanks in the past or was it an unsettled bout as well ?

am sure people think his handicap has made him weak based off mihawk's hasbeen statement but comments from other people like kaido , or his vc would indicate he has grown rather than regressed.
how much can one really know if the last time they fought other, was more than 12 years ago .

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
No hes not, the story is already in its final arcs and when mihawk is his last fight in the series then thats more or less the level hes gonna be at, maybe if we get an epilogue u can debate that.
I'm not saying he will be stronger than Roger, I'm saying he can be stronger than Roger without Mihawk being Roger level.

Just like how a certain section of the fandom argues that "Sanji is stronger than character X (who Zoro defeated) without character Y (who Sanji defeated) being on X's level".

No ifs or buts now.

While Mihawk also cares about nobody in the world. He reigns supreme among the swordsmen, being a lone wolf who doesn't engage in the politics of the Yonko.

Also, why would the country of Samurai mention Mihawk? They are an isolated country with their own set of problems, having prepared for war against Kaido. Have you seen them mentioning Shanks? Shanks only appeared in Kaido's vision among those people in history which he faced, that are capable of taking him on.

So since when is will power a fighting style? Of course Roger has tremendous will power, but he channels it through his blade in form of his Hakis. He even named his son after his blade to reference how it's his blade that makes him dominate his opponents. As we learned, even Haoshoku (the power to dominate one's will) can coat blades.
I won't enter that discussion but reigning supreme in something literally nobody but a single character in a 1000 chapter manga care is just not interesting.
He reign as supreme as Sabo (World's strongest pipeman WSP) lol

While Mihawk also cares about nobody in the world. He reigns supreme among the swordsmen, being a lone wolf who doesn't engage in the politics of the Yonko.

Also, why would the country of Samurai mention Mihawk? They are an isolated country with their own set of problems, having prepared for war against Kaido. Have you seen them mentioning Shanks? Shanks only appeared in Kaido's vision among those people in history which he faced, that are capable of taking him on.

So since when is will power a fighting style? Of course Roger has tremendous will power, but he channels it through his blade in form of his Hakis. He even named his son after his blade to reference how it's his blade that makes him dominate his opponents. As we learned, even Haoshoku (the power to dominate one's will) can coat blades.
"So since when is will power a fighting style?"
um.
what are you talking about.. .... no where is fighting style mentioned

do you think one's fighting style is more relevant to their strength than their haki?
if not am not understanding what you are contesting here

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I won't enter that discussion but reigning supreme in something literally nobody but a single character in a 1000 chapter manga care is just not interesting.
He reign as supreme as Sabo (World's strongest pipeman WSP) lol
Whys shanks carried a weapon he's not interested in for 30 years ? Why has shanks gone from fodder weapons to a likely supreme grade if it means nothing ?

In Oda's mind, Roger, Rayleigh, Shanks and Law are all swordsmen. Like it or not, stop being in delusional denial: that's reality, you have to accept it.
Otherwise it's you against the author.

This comes from the Usopp Pirate Gallery, where fans send their drawings and Oda gives them a comment based on the content. Well, guess what? Oda's comment on this was "A gathering of swordsmen! Get cut and it'll hurt!". No one even asked him about swordsmen. He willingly freely decided to label those characters like that.

So, all the characters in the picture are swordsmen, by Oda's word. Roger, Rayleigh, Cavendish, Law, Oden, Zoro, Shanks, Mihawk, Shiryu, Hatchan, Kaku, Vista; all of them are swordsmen. It's not my opinion or someone's theory. It's Oda's word.
OPS... I can hear the rustled jimmies.

Status
Not open for further replies.