Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's trying to say that Carrot>Yamato. He's just saying that if Oda had written a scenario where Carrot fought Yamato and he wanted Carrot to win, he could find a creative way to make it happen despite the obvious difference in strength. Imo it's a reasonable point. This is the same manga where Nami beat Kalifa and Miss Doublefinger.
I know that but Yamato isn't like those devil fruit users she is an Oni and Mythical Zoan not to mention a master of Conqueror Haki meanwhile Carrot Sulong form only gives her the electricity and speed it doesn't matter what way he's trying to put it in She isn't beating Yamato

I don't think he's trying to say that Carrot>Yamato. He's just saying that if Oda had written a scenario where Carrot fought Yamato and he wanted Carrot to win, he could find a creative way to make it happen despite the obvious difference in strength. Imo it's a reasonable point. This is the same manga where Nami beat Kalifa and Miss Doublefinger.
That’s a huge IF. As I said to him, currently there is no point or hint heading towards there.

I am saying that mythical zoan isn't something that a Moon Raid attack can put down that's all cause in your mind you think Carrot is more Superior than someone who has one of the rarest devil fruit and ACOC haki (only the strongest someone can do) which she isn't in both story-wise and your little fantasy too
Never said that Carrot was superior to Yamato.

You literally said that bigmom was running out of stamina that's why she lost the fight when she literally heal her body to fight back both law and kidd but kidd couldn't defeat her that's why he said he's going get rid of her off the island 😩.
Healing with her devil fruit power.. which cost stamina. And Big Mom lost a lot of that durin the fight. Her defeat feel therefore logical. I don't want to go back to this. Accept it or move on.

Because you can’t answer it that’s why you consider it now you choose to run with your tail between your legs. Not the first time, honestly, so it’s not surprising.
It’s ironic coming from someone who shows ego problem on previous answer in the same post. Well…
:seriously:

They can, surely, but which part of “currently there is no point or hint heading towards there” you don’t understand?
If instead of trying to attack me for no reasons and throwing insults, you would read a little more closely, you would have see that I agree with that. I never said that this was something that Oda was hinting.

It was a freaking thought experiment :kayneshrug:

If instead of trying to attack me for no reasons and profiring insult you would read a little more closely, you would have see that I agree with that. I never said that this was something that Oda was hinting.

It was a freaking thought experiment :kayneshrug:
I wasn’t insulting nor attacking you, I was describing you. If you felt attacked or insulted, then I missed the part where that’s my problem
:willsmith:

Never said that Carrot was superior to Yamato
The Way You have been downplaying Yamato saying that carrot can beat her in sulong form
Post automatically merged:

Using devil fruits always cost stamina. That's one of the main logic of devil fruits.
Where did it say that? 👀 which chapter which episode, what SBS volume number? 👀 please tell me

The Way You have been downplaying Yamato saying that carrot can beat her in sulong form

Where did it say that? 👀 which chapter which episode, what SBS volume number? 👀 please tell me
Wait only law's devil fruit and bigmom weren't using any devil fruit during the fight only her homies(which is a sun and cloud)

Last edited:
bruh fist you said it’s a slow attack now it’s fast and lightning fast. Ofc kizarus attacks are even faster.
But Carrot is not lightning fast so your point is uselesss.
Kaido is extremely fast, as he was able to Luffy who also is fast(even in base form) and was predicting the future. Yamato was fighting the same kaido even in hybrid form and keeping up with his strength and speed. Ergo Yamato is also extremely fast(not saying she is the fastest character out there), but definitely faster than Carrot.
Use your logic and figure this things out yourself. I don’t want to have to explain them to you every time.
This reminds me of Burter claiming he is the fastest in the universe, just for Goku to appear and make him look like a joke

What do you mean also? Tama is the 10th nakama

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Jo knows what his point is, but the thing is that C4N is using a fact in a very dishonest way to push a moot point/made up scenario. Oda not caring about power levels and doing anything for the plot is indeed true, but it doesn't benefit any Carrot argument in the slightest since it relies on a completely made up scenario with no evidence backing it.

Jo knows what his point is, but the thing is that C4N is using a fact in a very dishonest way to push a moot point/made up scenario. Oda not caring about power levels and doing anything for the plot is indeed true, but it doesn't benefit any Carrot argument in the slightest since it relies on a completely made up scenario with no evidence backing it.
True, but I think the overall point that Oda could come up with a way for Carrot to beat a BB commander if she joins the crew is fine.

I never downplaying Yamato. I'm only defending Carrot because you guys keep telling that she is weak. Don't confuse things up here ;)

Hm.. So I don't remember were it was told but I'm pretty sure it was. And it's shown during the entire story.

C4N is using a fact in a very dishonest way to push a moot point/made up scenario.
No, you are just not understanding what I'm talking about. And keep making excuse for the lack of comprehension.

- First you guys are telling me that Carrot is weak.
- I say no
- Then you bring back Yamato to compare her strenght and Carrot's strenght
- I say that carrot is faster than Yamato and that Strenght is not everything
- You are saying me that Yamato would destroy her
- I reply that it would be possible for Carrot to win
- You take that badly and start laughing
- I reply that in a story the one who wins is who the author wants to win
- You don't understand and keep laughing while calling me dellusional
- I give you many example of creative way to do it.
- You keep Laughing
- I keep explaining and give you an factual example of an author explaining that precise fact.
- One of you take that badly and start a tengant telling me that I should not compare Comics and Manga
- I reply that it's not the subject, and that the subject is storytelling and that the rules of storytelling are universal (in other word: Authors are gods in their story and what's count is not the consistancy but the coherence and the quality of the story.
- Sigran agrees with one of my point
- I'm being called dishonest

Here. The only dishonest ones.. are again... you guys.

You being proven wrong and you can't take the L. And again.. this is the only ones actually making a reasonnable point who is attacked.

-----------

I have an advice for you guys:

We would gain a LOT MORE time if you started by TRUSTING ME in the first place.

The fact that I'm a Carrot fan is one thing and there is INDEED a possibility that I could be bias.

But on the storytelling side of things. It was proven multiple times that the ones with the best knowledge on the subject here are me and @Sigran101

We do not agree on much concerning Carrot and maybe there is somewhere bias on the subject on one side or another. But concerning storytelling, we have knowledge. Both of us.

On top of that, I'm not just a simple One Piece analyst or fan. I've been working on understanding deep untheorized concepts of storytelling for years now for my personnal usage.. so of course some things might feel new to you guys.

But when I'm putting my finger on a important storytelling principle/concept/rule.. (The subversion dialogues or the development inertia for example..) those are pretty solid claims. (In fact you can see in the articles concerning those concepts on my blog that Carrot is not really mentionned, they are pretty much neutral)

--

I know that saying all of that in a forum might be irrelevant or feel very overconfident and arrogant but this was needed as:

- It is a 1 VS 10 debate
- It's one of my only "weapon"
- The community of One Piece has a very poor understanding of storytelling and is propaging a lot of missconceptions that can be hurtfull for the work of young wannabe authors.

So restablishing strong researched bases like I did on my blog (here for example) was very important.

My point is simple: I'm not asking you to trust me on Carrot, I'm asking you to trust me on the method and the knowledge.

I'm open to discussion about said knowledge if necessary and even debate precise points about them.. but we are not at that point here.. Rght now.. I feel like a scientist trying to convince flatearther that science is important.

If you don't trust me to begin with, you will never understand my points.

(also don't take personnally the generalization, I can't afford the time to take you one by one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.