I'm pretty sure it's just another "bad ass woman" cliche hollywood falls into, plus sex positivity and what not.

These writers are predictable af.
I don’t really mind Galadriel being the min adversary to Sauron. She was in the series proper—but I don’t want her nor do k think she needs romantic entanglements

Capitalism ruins everything, Peter Jackson was able to adapt the lotr into its own working fantasy on the big screen, yet he completely butchered the hobbit because "muh trilogy" :gonope:
Smaug is great though, the idea to make him into a wyvern and his movement with his skinny claws and wing has a sinister charm to it
Peter Jackson didn’t wanna do it and only did after the original director bowed out. So I can understand and don’t hold it against him. I know there was a big protest over the movie series too in New Zealand that complicated it too. They still suck immensely.

Smaug is so fucking cool though. He’s my favorite depiction of dragons in media

I don’t really mind Galadriel being the min adversary to Sauron. She was in the series proper—but I don’t want her nor do k think she needs romantic entanglements
There's nothing wrong with writing her as an MC, problem is how hollywood tends to write women into being a walking cliche.

edit; actually scratch that, even men are getting the shit writing treatment nowadays

There's nothing wrong with writing her as an MC, problem is how hollywood tends to write women into being a walking cliche.

edit; actually scratch that, even men are getting the shit writing treatment nowadays
Iirc Tauriel’s screws in the Hobbit trilogy said no to joining at first because she thought she’d be out on a love triangle. She joined when they said they wouldn’t do that then… they did.