One Piece Episode 1015 - Straw Hat Luffy - The Man Who Will Become the Pirate King

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 155 88.1%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
recap was in planning for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong while and was also announced a good while back. But... let's just say it's because of Golden week. Both Anime & Manga are on break.
So 1016 was always supposed to be a recap? We just had awful luck that the hacking made it into a two weeks break coinciding with Golden Week essentially

OP fans have created an echo chamber where they use each other for validation for everything. Manga quality, anime quality, opinions on events, etc... ZKK was a perfect example.

Don't get me wrong. I like this new director. She's very creative/original. But let's not pretend like this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Plenty of animations surpass this. And it's not like this episode had much going on animation wise other than the 1 attack in the end.
This isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, and from what I've seen here, most people are just comparing this episode to previous editions of the TV franchise, as opposed to other series.

This is the best thing in the franchise in terms of the TV anime production wise. Thats inarguable.

But also, your just wrong on "only the last attack at the end had much going on animation wise". The entire episode was incredibly animated from beginning to end with even small subtle movements having a lot of characters. Its that fact that makes people posit that this episode is better animated than even some of One Piece's modern movies. The fact that such a character focused episode was so animated is a unique accomplishment for One Piece, which is a series that typicaly saves its big animation episodes for more action focused chapters(which is the case for most shonen anime). This episode being more focused on primarily character animation doesn't inherently make it any less animated than more obviously animated "big action episodes".

OP fans have created an echo chamber where they use each other for validation for everything. Manga quality, anime quality, opinions on events, etc... ZKK was a perfect example.

Don't get me wrong. I like this new director. She's very creative/original. But let's not pretend like this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Plenty of animations surpass this. And it's not like this episode had much going on animation wise other than the 1 attack in the end.
Exactly, the attack was awesome, but other than that there wasn't too much going on.

1016 is not recap. Next weeks episode is "1015.5" if you will. The first barto recap also didnt count
I'm still hopeful we get someone like Tomita on 1016, but I'm thinking most of the staff are going on Tu's episode, which should be 1017.

I'm also curious about whether they'll return to a more regular page count coverage, since this episode covered a slightly above average number of pages.

I think it would be better to at least keep the page number slightly higher for this section of the arc. That way they can sort of contain the action to a fewer amount of episodes.

Exactly, the attack was awesome, but other than that there wasn't too much going on.
This isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, and from what I've seen here, most people are just comparing this episode to previous editions of the TV franchise, as opposed to other series.

This is the best thing in the franchise in terms of the TV anime production wise. Thats inarguable.

But also, your just wrong on "only the last attack at the end had much going on animation wise". The entire episode was incredibly animated from beginning to end with even small subtle movements having a lot of characters. Its that fact that makes people posit that this episode is better animated than even some of One Piece's modern movies. The fact that such a character focused episode was so animated is a unique accomplishment for One Piece, which is a series that typicaly saves its big animation episodes for more action focused chapters(which is the case for most shonen anime). This episode being more focused on primarily character animation doesn't inherently make it any less animated than more obviously animated "big action episodes".
@GeneralP123

Except thats just laughably wrong. The entire first half of the episode was pretty much non-stop sakuga from beginning to end. Just because it wasn't flash action doesn't mean it was necessarily less animated.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

What the actual fuck are you even talking about lmao?

This goes beyond opinions, this is objectively the best animated episode of One Piece from start to finish. It was the longest stretch of high level animation and art that a One Piece episode has ever produced. Whether you like other episodes more or not is irrelevant.

This goes beyond opinions, this is objectively the best animated episode of One Piece from start to finish. It was the longest stretch of high level animation and art that a One Piece episode has ever produced. Whether you like other episodes more or not is irrelevant.
What the actual frick are you even talking about lmao?

This goes beyond opinions, this is objectively the worst animated episode of One Piece from start to finish. It was the longest stretch of low level animation and art that a One Piece episode has ever produced. Whether you like other episodes more or not is irrelevant.

ZenZu

What the actual frick are you even talking about lmao?

This goes beyond opinions, this is objectively the worst animated episode of One Piece from start to finish. It was the longest stretch of low level animation and art that a One Piece episode has ever produced. Whether you like other episodes more or not is irrelevant.
Well atleast you just admitted you were trolling, Sanjikun might be serious.

I'm still hopeful we get someone like Tomita on 1016, but I'm thinking most of the staff are going on Tu's episode, which should be 1017.

I'm also curious about whether they'll return to a more regular page count coverage, since this episode covered a slightly above average number of pages.

I think it would be better to at least keep the page number slightly higher for this section of the arc. That way they can sort of contain the action to a fewer amount of episodes.
I'm very concerned about 1016 action wise. I've seen no hype for it. No hype for 1018/1019 either. And all of that is supposed to be action. Tomita at the moment is truly the only one we can hope for but honestly? Tomita did like 90secs on 1010, about a minute on 1013, then he did 25 seconds on Vanitas lately as well... i wouldn't get my hopes up.

1001 has Thunder Bagua, Flame-rend by Zoro, a 2nd Attack swing by kaido where law shambles luffy, Purgatory onigiri, beheading claws by killer. That's just **9** pages. And i dont think they can go lower than that. And those 9 pages contain 5 attacks already. But obviously they have to expand on it, if they go with the usual pacing.

Which means either streeeeeetchiiiiiiiiiing ouuuuuuuut a lot with a lot of pans, or... adding extra attacks, in which case we are back at the main problem.

How can art go above opinions? This is what I'm talking about this cultish mentality.

Where was the great animation? The Yamato cover was original, but it wasn't great animation, just directional flair. To me even the previous episode this director did was better with Red Hawk and DJ Apoo and Plesaures/Gifters.

Luffy's final attack? Is that better animated than a million other scenes?

Especially that Luffy vs. 3 Admirals scene shits on this in terms of story quality, importance, and even the animation is overall better.

ZenZu

I'm not trolling at all, just seems funny seeing this episode hailed as the best animated episode of all time.
No I meant you know you don't have an argument. Your personal taste doesn't really mean anything here, that's entirely subjective. You can like a pile of shit more than roses for a gift, that's up to the individual.

It's easy to see why it's being hailed, when it's objectively on another level than 99.99% of One Piece episodes.
Post automatically merged:

How can art go above opinions? This is what I'm talking about this cultish mentality.

Where was the great animation? The Yamato cover was original, but it wasn't great animation, just directional flair. To me even the previous episode this director did was better with Red Hawk and DJ Apoo and Plesaures/Gifters.

Luffy's final attack? Is that better animated than a million other scenes?

You have no idea what you're talking about lol. Those are single instances, this was an entire episode. Someone even broke down key frame stats here I think, objectively this episode was better animated throughout than those two episodes you are referring to.

No I meant you know you don't have an argument. Your personal taste doesn't really mean anything here, that's entirely subjective. You can like a pile of shit more than roses for a gift, that's up to the individual.

It's easy to see why it's being hailed, when it's objectively on another level than 99.99% of One Piece episodes.
That's funny, because you say your opinion should be regarded as the objective truth.

Post automatically merged:

You have no idea what you're talking about lol. Those are single instances, this was an entire episode. Someone even broke down key frame stats here I think, objectively this episode was better animated throughout than those two episodes you are referring to.
Oh boy they broke down key frame stats!! That'll totally change Marineford shitting on this arc!

Never mind that Luffy vs. 3 Admirals is the peak of One Piece in terms of emotions, story and animation. Key frame stats though!