[FNZ] Role Madness A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Ripped what does it look like to you when someone disappears for awhile and then pops back up after being voted, joking or not, to declare that they are in fact busy?!

It's nothing strong, but I'd say it's certainly something for him to be worried about!
Why would he worry about it? You aren't going to force votes on him for popping in to say he's busy. There's 40 hours left. He will be back when he's ready. Seems like you're just looking for reasons to sus the guy

Why would he worry about it? You aren't going to force votes on him for popping in to say he's busy. There's 40 hours left. He will be back when he's ready. Seems like you're just looking for reasons to sus the guy
You're right, I won't force votes on him for one thing!

It's just somewhat strange that someone known as overbearingly active, so much so that there are tags about him not spamming the thread, comes in to announce he's changed his ways.

Then leaves for awhile, comes back after a vote, and says he's busy and preoccupied.

Then leaves for only a short while to fluff post about the theme!

Personally I find the combination somewhat scummy as it would 1) show he's not comfortable being anywhere near as active as scum as he is as town 2) sliding into to fill posts with theme fluff is mostly pointless, especially for someone that just said he lacks time.

RippedCal if you have no insight to offer at the moment that is perfectly fine, but if you wouldn't defend others for seemingly no reason that would be great too!

really excited about the game. wat about u. havent seen u in ws games for awhile
Ye I just needed a mafia break for a bit, also I don't have great experience with games from that previous host so I just completely noped out of signing up for that one. I'm also pretty excited for this one, I love the theme and I love Gramma games.

You're right, I won't force votes on him for one thing!

It's just somewhat strange that someone known as overbearingly active, so much so that there are tags about him not spamming the thread, comes in to announce he's changed his ways.

Then leaves for awhile, comes back after a vote, and says he's busy and preoccupied.

Then leaves for only a short while to fluff post about the theme!

Personally I find the combination somewhat scummy as it would 1) show he's not comfortable being anywhere near as active as scum as he is as town 2) sliding into to fill posts with theme fluff is mostly pointless, especially for someone that just said he lacks time.

RippedCal if you have no insight to offer at the moment that is perfectly fine, but if you wouldn't defend others for seemingly no reason that would be great too!
Ekko is comfortable in thread as any alignment.

Now that we have established you're unfamiliar with his meta, your point is reduced to a general assumption that low activity = scummy

Now you can deploy that theory to suspect any of the players that have posted less than Ekko, which is over half of them

People can be busy, using them stating they're busy for now is opportunistic, when there is ample time for them to return.

There's some insight from the shredded one

I think I'm reasonably content with Chevy so far. With him it's usually the later parts of the game where he becomes more obvious if scum anyway.

Mr. Ripped;

Village are much less likely to worry about being absent and away from the thread for awhile than wolf, who I've send tend to announce such things so people aren't likely to accuse them for being m.i.a.

This isn't anything specific to Ekko, it's a general tell that can be applied to most people. Wolf are more worried about being accused than Town players for simple things.

idk ekko or his meta but i agree with this post

plus i think someone mentioned something earlier about dp1 lynching and ekko so i feel like the votes on him were more likely for meme purposes rather than an actual reason

therefore it doesnt seem like anything to really attend to at this point

Mr. Ripped;

Village are much less likely to worry about being absent and away from the thread for awhile than wolf, who I've send tend to announce such things so people aren't likely to accuse them for being m.i.a.

This isn't anything specific to Ekko, it's a general tell that can be applied to most people. Wolf are more worried about being accused than Town players for simple things.
This isn't new to me. The problem here is that there is such a large portion of the phase at hand. Do you just expect Ekko to AFK at this point? If you do then fair enough, this would track with wanting to cast a spotlight on him immediately.

If not, why not wait to see what he offers when he comes back either now, or in 10 hours, or 20 hours? You might like what he has to say. If not, then you light a match.

Him being busy while being like 10% of the way to majority, isn't alone enough reason so shade him as you did, I found it weak and opportunistic

This isn't new to me. The problem here is that there is such a large portion of the phase at hand. Do you just expect Ekko to AFK at this point? If you do then fair enough, this would track with wanting to cast a spotlight on him immediately.

If not, why not wait to see what he offers when he comes back either now, or in 10 hours, or 20 hours? You might like what he has to say. If not, then you light a match.

Him being busy while being like 10% of the way to majority, isn't alone enough reason so shade him as you did, I found it weak and opportunistic
The problem here is you wait for others to do things off little so you can accuse them of being opportunistic for generating content that you can then create reads from mr. ripped! Not all of us look to 'farm town points' from simply voicing what town should do opposed to creating situations that will generate the reactions town needs to make reads off of.

So I apologize for not waiting until he returns and can read back at his leisure, I'll apply pressure when it seems most apt to.

Having read the thread now, I don't think this is a faithful recollection of what happened?
It is not, however they are new and himie and the other person that brought that up may be right that them being new to the game could be what's causing them to react to pressure in this way.

That said, they seemed concerned about majority lynch, which is a weird concern for a new player to also have.

What did you agree with in terms of my reads, kweh? Could you provide your own village/wolf reads?

So far as varying shades of towny I got
Fuji, RippedCal, Ratchet, Michelle, Hime, Pero, Soulkiller, Chevy

Feeling bad about Arp and Luthon

vote Luthon

It is not, however they are new and himie and the other person that brought that up may be right that them being new to the game could be what's causing them to react to pressure in this way.

That said, they seemed concerned about majority lynch, which is a weird concern for a new player to also have.

What did you agree with in terms of my reads, kweh? Could you provide your own village/wolf reads?
Yeah I read Himes take on Arp and I think there's something to it

Status
Not open for further replies.