+ No Kaido awakening
+ Kaido and Orochi still didn't see adult Momo
+ Orochi is OBVIOUSLY still alive and coming back
+ The flower capital's citezens are unaware of what's happening
+ Zoro's Shinigami plot
+ I'm sure there are some other unresolved shit that I'm forgetting

Accept your fate. We'll be stuck forever in Wano. :noo:
That's the entire fucking problem.

Narratively it just makes no sense that Luffy wins this fight in the next few chapters. I would go so far and say that Luffy winning just like that would be pretty poor planning/writing by Oda. So many storylines would be still open and he wouldn't touch on so many foreshadowing scenes again (Kaido claiming the people need to SEE Luffy fail in person etc.)

On the other hand nobody wants this to drag out even longer. Almost everyone wants to move on from Wano.

Imho Oda really wrote himself into a corner there.

Good lord....Thats even worse! Unfortunately I suspected we'd only be 85% done post Wano as there's still SO much to cover and I'm not sure how that could fit in only 15% left either but if 4 years = 5% then if we have 15% left...THATS ANOTHER 12 YEARS OF OP LMFAOOOOOOO! OH FUCK NO!

I would vote for it being 90% done post Wano at least then hahahaha! That would only be 8 years but still far too long imo!

I'm assuming the pacing is gonna speed up drastically post Wano hopefully, it should really but I fear it will be breakneck pacing like the Reverie even and we may even face a somewhat Bleach final arc type situation at worst, where Oda really has to rush the ending of OP in such a short amount of time. I doubt it will be like 6 or 10 chapters like Bleach got ofc but given we only get about 36 chapters a year or something like that, we may be looking at 3-4 years left of OP which is around 108 to 144 chapters of OP left if I'm right and thus things will really escalate to the point, it will feel like Oda has just discovered acceleration or something hahahaha!

Oda wanted to travel the world at 50 and he turns 50 in 3 years or 2025, so I think OP could still end then genuinely tbh. It will involve much smaller arcs but after several years of Wano now as well as 2 years of Dressrosa at least, I wouldnt mind that at all! OP turns 50 in 5 years too, so at worst I think it may end then instead. No later than that tbh.

Post automatically merged:

Will of OCD too strong.
Wano alone is already 140+ chapters long and Oda currently writes about 34-35 chapters per year.

There is ZERO chance it ends in three years (~100-105 chapters).

There is about a 0.1% chance it ends in five years. (~170-175 chapters)

There is still WAY too much left. Even if he completely rushes it, the time/chapter number just isn't enough for all of the bare minimum arcs: End of Wano, Elbaf, Laugh Tale, Clash with BB, leadup to the final war with the WG, final war itself, aftermath, epilogue.

Seven years is the bare minimum imho. If we take Oda's pacing issues and past statements into consideration, 10 years is a much safer bet.

Last edited:

Narratively it just makes no sense that Luffy wins this fight in the next few chapters. I would go so far and say that Luffy winning just like that would be pretty poor planning/writing by Oda. So many storylines would be still open and he wouldn't touch on so many foreshadowing scenes again (Kaido claiming the people need to SEE Luffy fail in person etc.)

On the other hand nobody wants this to drag out even longer. Almost everyone wants to move on from Wano.

Imho Oda really wrote himself into a corner there.

Wano alone is already 140+ chapters long and Oda currently writes about 34-35 chapters per year.

There is ZERO chance it ends in three years (~100-105 chapters).

There is about a 0.1% chance it ends in five years. (~170-175 chapters)

There is still WAY too much left. Even if he completely rushes it, the time/chapter number just isn't enough for all of the bare minimum arcs: End of Wano, Elbaf, Laugh Tale, Clash with BB, leadup to the final war with the WG, final war itself, aftermath, epilogue.

Seven years is the bare minimum imho. If we take Oda's pacing issues and past statements into consideration, 10 years is a much safer bet.
Next chapter either going to make or break this arc for most people I feel like lol (barring pacing, it's already not great). I honestly fall into the "its over" camp but really everything else stated sort of contradicts that idea, so who knows.

Then yep, the rest of this series is even more ridiculous when count only the most important things.

:josad:
Reading this weekly is painful to my health. I refuse to believe people are enjoying this pacing
My suggestion is to give it less importance

But abandoning all along might be a bit too harsh

I don't think I wud manage personally, maybe take a small break at best, like a couple weeks up to a month best case

Tbh a lot of arguments used as why the fight can't end in the following chapters don't really work to me, as they could either be shown next chapter, after Kaido's defeat or are more based on fans assumptions than something that MUST happen.
I remember many people being in denial about Big Mom falling without Oda explicitly showing her awakening, and yet...

Tbh a lot of arguments used as why the fight can't end in the following chapters don't really work to me, as they could either be shown next chapter, after Kaido's defeat or are more based on fans assumptions than something that MUST happen.
I remember many people being in denial about Big Mom falling without Oda explicitly showing her awakening, and yet...
Well they say kaido is not big mom, but we will see .

King has not show awaking power or show coc which many people think he will have it

I post my about kaido awaking power for good reason to see how people think about kaido awaking .

I believe big mom is already awaked simce wci arc.

I actually liked this chapter and all the recap, except the Hyogoro part which makes the Haki stuff more confusing.

Zorotards should update their ZKK threads :suresure:

Denjiro KSing Hyori was garbage, but not because of the scene itself (which was good), but because of this:

Like, seriously? Absolute garbage.

I actually liked this chapter and all the recap, except the Hyogoro part which makes the Haki stuff more confusing.

Zorotards should update their ZKK threads :suresure:

Denjiro KSing Hyori was garbage, but not because of the scene itself (which was good), but because of this:

Like, seriously? Absolute garbage.
Maybe they give Denjiro his own flashback lmao.

Actually easy: have him fight fodder in one panel and show he heard the shamisen like Zoro

The problem with using foreshadowing as predictive is that it's not always clear whether something is actually foreshadowing and how a foreshadowed plot point will come to pass. Which is why it just doesn't make to judge good and bad writing based on your guesses of how foreshadowing will play out.

For example, it's possible Kaido claiming that people need to see Luffy lose is actually setting up Luffy losing to a future opponent (Blackbeard, Rocks, etc.). It's also possible Kaido is setting up the fallout from his own defeat against Luffy.

As for the other "plot points" which need to be resolved, half of them aren't plot points and half of them are right on track. Zoro's shinigami plot for example has Kuma vibes and feels like it belongs after the raid is over. The people of the flower capital witnessing the climax is right on track. Orochi... is probably actually dead lol.

Meanwhile a Kaido flashback isn't an unresolved plotpoint so much as something people want, and could theoretically take place after his defeat. Rather than the WG ships taking Kaido to Impel Down, or him dying like he wanted, we could see a situation where Kaido loses the fight, wakes up a day later, and tells his story to the man who bested him.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Lol Zoro fans are clowns and trolls since wano started

The statements "send you to hell" Doesn't hint nor say zoro will kill X
People are so delusional
Know what's funny?
For a guy who says he doesn't believe in God, saying he will become "king of hell" is weird as fuck, to say the least.
:moonwalk: