Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoan awakenings are to do with their minds reaching the same equilibrium as their users. Imo I think it makes perfect sense their are different ways for different fruits to awaken. Zoans are to do with endurance and health boosts kinda makes sense near death would be a way of achieving it.

Law and Kidd don’t have Zoan fruits
then why every Zoan that has almost die in this series hasn't awakened yet?

Pell comes to mind

No, I'm saying that BECAUSE Law already talked about awakening with him right before this and we never saw the moves before, we know now it's their awakening. That's it. In all instances, awakening has been clearly defined:

Then Kaido confirms that awakened zoans transform:

So really all this suggests is just 1 of 2 things:

- Kaido can't awaken, which sounds ridiculous
- Kaido can and just hasn't.

Zoan awakenings clearly are not temporary transformations and in every instance, Oda has highlighted it. Now, I'm not saying this is a guarantee that it's meant to show up after this punch, but clearly Oda knows the difference and has highlighted it before. So yes, it'd be a major issue if Kaido does not show it or never implies to have used it.
Oda did setup it such that he can't not show Kaido awakening when he himself talked about it without people criticising it. Unlike BM whom he just avoid ed talking about it.

No, I'm saying that BECAUSE Law already talked about awakening with him right before this and we never saw the moves before, we know now it's their awakening. That's it. In all instances, awakening has been clearly defined:

Then Kaido confirms that awakened zoans transform:

So really all this suggests is just 1 of 2 things:

- Kaido can't awaken, which sounds ridiculous
- Kaido can and just hasn't.

Zoan awakenings clearly are not temporary transformations and in every instance, Oda has highlighted it. Now, I'm not saying this is a guarantee that it's meant to show up after this punch, but clearly Oda knows the difference and has highlighted it before. So yes, it'd be a major issue if Kaido does not show it or never implies to have used it.
Makes sense. And thanks for the research btw. But it honestly brings up another issue, why did BM not awaken too? She’s had her fruit even longer than Kaido and they fought for 3 straight days so she’s definitely as strong or a bit less than Kaido. Why not awaken and beat Law and Kidd?

then why every Zoan that has almost die in this series hasn't awakened yet?

Pell comes to mind
Pell might actually have awakened we just don’t know.

Again dying is only part of it. The second part is being in mental equilibrium what your fruit in terms of haki and willpower. It doesn’t make much sense and I don’t think that’s how it’ll go but he could explain it like that

it’s not that for the awakening.
kaido without explicit awakening is fighting on pair with luffy. if he awakened he would be unbeatable by the MC, which doesn’t make sense story-wise.
Oda should have made him show it before G5 Luffy
I disagree, only because we don't really know what the upper limit of G5 is at this point, nor will we probably even see it this arc.

I can imagine this fighting getting even more ridiculous if Kaido awakened. It has no bearing on Luffy's limitations, other than Oda having him withstand Kaido's attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.