Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda wants to describe too many stories and supporting roles.
It is inevitable to ignore some people, especially the story two years later.
It is more like a group drama. those who describe less in this chapter will be compensated in the next chapter
And the supporting roles he's been creating have brimmed with mediocrity. Only a small amount of the side characters he introduces are actually beloved by the fandom and for good reason. Better for him to stick with the bread and butter of the story, just expand on the SHs, give these side characters lesser roles and go about the stories in a different manner if needed.

We may just have witnessed a freaking yonko get defeated by Luffy, a titanic feat that we've been building up to for like 10 years and somehow i just feel underwhelmed by it all.

This has nothing to do with bias for a certain character, power scaling discussion or some specific theory of mine not being met.

I just feel like all this buildup didn't pay off, and to me Oda always nails the finales of his fights. Hell 2 chapters ago when Luffy pulled the giant fist i was just like "Oh it's just another big attack to flex Gear 5".

It never felt to me like we had truly reached the finale portion of the fight and yet here we are, after a chapter that Oda was happy to fill with flashback filler, with a chapter that just zooms past all the moments i was excited for and the emotional payoffs i should be feeling satisfied about.

The fact that i've spent the entirety of the raid wishing for the F6, the Calamities and now Kaido to still have something up their sleeve and bring us a more satisfying conclusion just makes me realize how wrong it all feels.

No fucking wonder so many people believed the raid would fail.

I entirely agree. I'm a fan of big destruction from final attacks so i want something like dis

But :josad:

G

Gorosei Informer

Honestly outside of enma tribute i don't understand what king of hell means to zoro
If its just because of enma or him willing to be a monster or demon for luffy like half the strawhats i think itd be lame but idk

Maybe its something else that zoro will flesh out later as to why

It's probably related to why he can use Asura and what the Grim Reaper is too.

Sanji and Zoro have both associated themselves with Hell and demons, Robin was the demon child and has a new demonic form, I think Nami was called a demon witch before amd Franky was referred to as demonic as some point?

Brook was confused for Satan himself by cultists over the TS and rock music I seen as Satanic IRL, plus Brook has that sort of demonic soul vibe with what he did at WCI too, with the huge spirit guitar attack.

Chopper willingly became a Monster for the SHs too and I'm sure we don't know the full name of his DF yet either, which is important.

Oda has made demons and Hell a recurring theme for the SHs and Zoro wanting to be the King of Hell seems to play up on this ofc and as someone else just said, parallels the Dark King Rayleigh too.

Wano is referred to as Hell too and Oden had a sword specifically named Enja bade for him too, very interesting and bringing this full circle too...

I have a feeling Mihawk will have some Hell symbolism and maybe he or Shanks will have their own version of Asura too.

Ironically we have another Asura/Ashura who has Shutenmaru and Doji in their name and named after the King of Oni Shuten Doji, who Kaido is definitely majorly inspired by too. Especially even more after his new attack names and backstory now.

On a side note, Kaidou seems to be his full name only which is disappointing, not even Kai D Ou or Kai D Oars or something at least.

So much for Kaidou being related to anyone we know, especially a certain Marimo, Worororonoa Wororozoro.

I still feel Elbaf will flesh out the ancient giants (Oni) more as Oda keeps referencing multiple freezing cold/winter islands and not elaborating on them.

If you really want to go crack conspiracy theorist too, there's a guy in Impel Downs level 5 freezing hell, rumoured to be Xebec but renamed as some fodder prisoners claim he's "preserved for the future" and Imu has a frozen crypt/tomb too.

I even believe there are Frost Giants in OP and that Imu may be one. Ymir even?

In Norse mythology, Ymir, also called Aurgelmir, Brimir, or Bláinn, is the ancestor of all jötnar.

Last edited by a moderator:
We may just have witnessed a freaking yonko get defeated by Luffy, a titanic feat that we've been building up to for like 10 years and somehow i just feel underwhelmed by it all.

This has nothing to do with bias for a certain character, power scaling discussion or some specific theory of mine not being met.

I just feel like all this buildup didn't pay off, and to me Oda always nails the finales of his fights. Hell 2 chapters ago when Luffy pulled the giant fist i was just like "Oh it's just another big attack to flex Gear 5"

It never felt to me like we had truly reached the finale portion of the fight and yet here we are, after a chapter that Oda was happy to fill with flashback filler, with a chapter that just zooms past all the moments i was excited for and tbe emotional payoffs i should be feeling satisfied about.

The fact that i've spent the entirety of the raid wishing for the F6, the Calamities and now Kaido to still have something up their sleeve and bring us a more satisfying conclusion just makes me realize how wrong it all feels.
I think some people simply got too amazed by how strong Kaido is (and by how they think he is), that they refused to realize he was going to lose at some point, that he was weakening after going through so much

Against Doflamingo, he was there being cocky and coming up with a new attack, just to be completely overwhelmed without any chances of actual resistance

People also stopped paying attention on how stupidly strong Gear 5 Luffy actually is, because Oda shifted the focus of the fight with Gear 5's goofyness, Luffy became so strong and so goofy that the tension dropped and some might've failed to realize that well enough, especially compared to how the fight was going before Luffy's Awakening, he was completely desperate to win but kept failing, then we have all the Mr.Go stuff... That was the peak of it imo

So it seems that Kaido is down, Momo is down and Luffy is also down. It may seem like the end but there is the possibility that it actually is not. The time bomb has been removed, there are no bombs that are going to explode (Yamato succeeded), Onigashima has landed safely near Flower Capital (all the samurai who destroyed their ships have reached Wano mainland safely), Momo has succeeded. Kaido has had his flashback which mostly tells a lot and the remainder can be told by someone else or in another flashback after the battle. Orochi has been defeated.

The only and my only problem with accepting this is the end is that the Skull was directed to be shown as moving and alive in the anime opening which didn't happen and there is the purple energy beam type thing destroying Flower Capital. It is not necessary that everything that an anime opening shows must happen in the manga (no admiral fights for Zoro and Sanji as was shown in a previous opening) but these two things are not like those hype scenes for SHPs. In the same we see Kid and Law launching Luffy but that is not gonna happen it is mostly show as a figurative sort of thing and not something literal. But the other two things seem a little literal to me.
And the more important thing is that the citizens of Wano (the normal people not the samurai) are unaware of anything at all (most don't even know that there is a rebellion/raid) and they are just going to wish for these things one night and then wake up the next day with all these wishes fulfilled.

P.S: Is Luffy's dialog about everybody eating to their hearts content etc. the same sentence that Roger and Luffy share, the one that we have been teased about.

People also stopped paying attention on how stupidly strong Gear 5 Luffy actually is, because Oda shifted the focus of the fight with Gear 5's goofyness, Luffy became so strong and so goofy that the tension dropped and some might've failed to realize that well enough, especially compared to how the fight was going before Luffy's Awakening, he was completely desperate to win but kept failing, then we have all the Mr.Go stuff... That was the peak of it imo
Fight stopped being interesting when Luffy got up with G5 for me.
Don't matter how you put it, has all been a forced drag since then.

Going down and facing Kidd, Law, Marco + Alliance would have been a better treatment for Kaido.

Status
Not open for further replies.