• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

Isn't luffy himself already both tho
A "god" but also a "devil" because he's a D aka the enemy of gods

Tho i guess oda could swap it and make the celestial dragons the demon and Ds the gods
He still did eat a "devil" fruit based on "God"
I actually think D are real Gods and Celestial dragons are fake god like Enel.

We may just have witnessed a freaking yonko get defeated by Luffy, a titanic feat that we've been building up to for like 10 years and somehow i just feel underwhelmed by it all.

This has nothing to do with bias for a certain character, power scaling discussion or some specific theory of mine not being met.

I just feel like all this buildup didn't pay off, and to me Oda always nails the finales of his fights. Hell 2 chapters ago when Luffy pulled the giant fist i was just like "Oh it's just another big attack to flex Gear 5".

It never felt to me like we had truly reached the finale portion of the fight and yet here we are, after a chapter that Oda was happy to fill with flashback filler, with a chapter that just zooms past all the moments i was excited for and the emotional payoffs i should be feeling satisfied about.

The fact that i've spent the entirety of the raid wishing for the F6, the Calamities and now Kaido to still have something up their sleeve and bring us a more satisfying conclusion just makes me realize how wrong it all feels.

No fucking wonder so many people believed the raid would fail.

No, it shouldn't be a don't worry look to the future moment, it should be treated as a legitimate criticism because you had 140 chapters to give moments to the main characters of your story. Such an important lengthy arc should not have three strawhats doing squat, it's embarrassing.
Oda wants to describe too many stories and supporting roles.
It is inevitable to ignore some people, especially the story two years later.
It is more like a group drama. those who describe less in this chapter will be compensated in the next chapter

Kaido can dodge if he wanted to but he decided not to , if kaido uses FS plus dragon mobility he mostly can evade it

Also Luffy becomes stationary in this attack it seems
Well Kaidou did say he would take that head on, thats why chose to use his all-out strongest attack as well to clash against it instead saving up his strength to dodge.

I think no matter what the hypothetical situation is, Luffy's strongest attack is already more powerful than Kaidou's strongest attack. And One Piece's style of fight is always a direct clash to decide everything.

But also no matter what, Kaidou's health bar and durability is still bigger than Luffy's. That's why i don't think Luffy decisively surpass Kaidou in all areas, just in attack power and freedom/unpredictability of techniques i guess. Endurance and dura, Kaidou is still higher. If Luffy cant heal himself, i think Luffy is overall Kaidou's equal instead of stronger.

We may just have witnessed a freaking yonko get defeated by Luffy, a titanic feat that we've been building up to for like 10 years and somehow i just feel underwhelmed by it all.

This has nothing to do with bias for a certain character, power scaling discussion or some specific theory of mine not being met.

I just feel like all this buildup didn't pay off, and to me Oda always nails the finales of his fights. Hell 2 chapters ago when Luffy pulled the giant fist i was just like "Oh it's just another big attack to flex Gear 5"

It never felt to me like we had truly reached the finale portion of the fight and yet here we are, after a chapter that Oda was happy to fill with flashback filler, with a chapter that just zooms past all the moments i was excited for and tbe emotional payoffs i should be feeling satisfied about.

The fact that i've spent the entirety of the raid wishing for the F6, the Calamities and now Kaido to still have something up their sleeve and bring us a more satisfying conclusion just makes me realize how wrong it all feels.
The build up for this chapter is nice but Kaido getting sent down is kinda lackcluster
Doesn't help that Oda rushes through Kaido's flashback when there's more pages about Samurai and Wano citizens suffering in the last chapter
And of course, no awakening :josad:

Personally I am quite satisfied with this chapter:myman:

Let's see what oda does to kaido ; does CP0 kills him? Does he gets burried? Does he accepts defeat and leaves? Or get captured by WG?

Well Kaidou did say he would take that head on, thats why chose to use his all-out strongest attack as well to clash against it instead saving up his strength to dodge.

I think no matter what the hypothetical situation is, Luffy's strongest attack is already more powerful than Kaidou's strongest attack. And One Piece's style of fight is always a direct clash to decide everything.

But also no matter what, Kaidou's health bar and durability is still bigger than Luffy's. That's why i don't think Luffy decisively surpass Kaidou in all areas, just in attack power and freedom/unpredictability of techniques i guess. Endurance and dura, Kaidou is still higher. If Luffy cant heal himself, i think Luffy is overall Kaidou's equal instead of stronger.
I agree but dodging attacks are important aspect of fighting.

Most top tiers won't have kaido's dura and will dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.