General & Others A huge Yonko War Arc with a crew worth of Zoan users, yet none is awakened.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
This would be so fucking bad tho to have him awaken this late, should have introduced that a bit earlier at least instead of prolonging things unnecessarily.
Imagine all that "haki is everything" nonsense, only for Kaido to asspull more and more Akuma no Mi techniques and transformations as his last resource, instead of his "haki".
:lulz:

If Kaido stand up again with awakening, it would simple mean Luffy wouldn't beat him in 1on1...

The scenario could became very unique, not the typical structure with Oda had where Luffy just need a strong punch to beat the opponent.

A arc similar like Thriller Bark, Sa or Imprl down, where the ending is different then the usually typical arc of Oda.

Could lead into multiple possibilty with Kaido standing up again, like ZKK after a team battle of all, strawhats vs Oz version,rooftop 5 vs Kaido, so many ways to win over Kaido rather let Luffy beating Kaido 1on1.

But the scenarios which I show above, forget it, Oda is lazy to make it better, he just use his standart writing...
Especially because of the bold part, I don't want this to happen because there is always the possibility of Oda choosing the lazy route which will just unnecessarily drag stuff.

Bleach ability system >>> OP's all day.
Sure Kubo also fucked up lots of stuff but it's nothing compared to Wano's mess.
Nah, Kubo would have made Wano around 200-250 chapters long and probably done something like this.
The writing is far worse, like how do I put this? :quest:

Imagine if Kaido was not only 100% the strongest physical Top Tier in the verse but also had a devil fruit ability that would allow him to pretty much take on every other Top Tier single handedly. An ability so broken, that no other hax abilities can work on or even touch him. Not even in-verse reality warpers can do anything to him.

Not only that but he has CoO so good that he can simultaneously see every single possible future at once with no downsides and the aforementioned devil fruit ability allows to reach into the future and manipulate events before they even happen.

Not only that but Kaido also has a bunch of insanely strong subordinates with absolutely bullshit abilities that break the verse. For example, one of his lesser subordinates is just a straight up reality warper that can imagine anything and will it into existence.

Not only that but Kaido's devil fruit allows him to absorb and take every single other ability of all of his bat-shit insane subordinates upon their demise, including the reality warper.

Not only that but Kaido legit found the One Piece and is now just straight up God because sure, why not?

Now, imagine that this version of Kaido (who has either personally beaten every other Top Tier or has had his subordinates stall all other Top Tiers) is defeated because Usopp shot a sea stone bullet at him (which his Future Sight should have seen from a mile away) and this allows Luffy to one shot with a nameless attack.

Then instead of seeing the aftermath of any of this, we are immediately catapulted about 10 years into the future when everyone is retired with zero context or reason.

That is how Wano would end if Kubo was writing it. :kobeha:

We should've known this was coming the moment Big Mom was not using adcoc and turned her back on Kidd and Law just to get defeated in such a pathetic way.

Like how is it possible that Kaido gets defeated without awakening..:josad:
Worse, it looks like Kaido might become best friends with Luffy.
And let's not forget the atrocious "the more you laugh the more..." writing where characters in a death battle are laughing left and right:lawsigh:
We should have especially known it at the moment when Kaido was suddenly all about "Haki is everything" when fighting an awakened form of Luffy...
Idk, maybe Oda knows the answer... or maybe not lol.
This is such a joke, I don't even know how to respond to. Forget the zero tension, it would be absolute zero tension.
I guess Oda wanted to link this with the Joyboy stuff but I expected the tone to change again if Kaido uses awakening. Turns out, it quite didn't... well...

the ability to control your transformation i believe is zoan awakening.
kaido could change his hybrid form to a more muscular one when he wanted and king could transform only specific parts of his body like marco. i believe that is awakening.
i do not include sasaki because what he did was a joke so i do not think it counts and queen is impossible to tell because he has body modifications.

Especially because of the bold part, I don't want this to happen because there is always the possibility of Oda choosing the lazy route which will just unnecessarily drag stuff.
Believe me awakening is for me the last part to be worried about. The way how Oda threat Kaido based on his flashback is far worse for me. That was just lazy and rushed, you know battle is not Kaido forte, it is storytelling and great build up of each characters. But even that Oda totally fail with Kaido, just give him 3-5 pages flashback panels.

I don't really know if we judge to fast and perhaps he surprise us. But let go with the thought that all this really ends in chapter 1050, yeah it would clearly for me that wano is not really a best arc of Oda, more like mid...

Doggo

exactly why Kaido awakening now goes against the CoC storyline
Because in the end his strongest peak would be thanks to his DF awakening instead of his haki prowess.
It's really not rocket science.

"I'm using my haki, but i cant defeat him. So I'm gonna wait until I lose, then I'm gonna use some awakening super sayan mode thanks to my akuma no mi to be able to win".

I said this in the spoiler thread and I'll say it again. There's two groups of people in the "wano is disappointing" camp, those who think Oda could still salvage Wano and those who are just over it.

I'm in the latter camp, awakening now would go against Kaido's own words and the themes of this arc. Oda should've dropped his awakening right after Luffy did his, or explain his drunk forms are it. Now it's too late

I don't really know if we judge to fast and perhaps he surprise us. But let go with the thought that all this really ends in chapter 1050, yeah it would clearly for me that wano is not really a best arc of Oda, more like mid...
It would rather tell me that Wano is One Piece' worst arc in history... until Oda drops the bomb and the next arcs are even worse, please no...

Because in the end his strongest peak would be thanks to his DF awakening instead of his haki prowess.
It's really not rocket science.

"I'm using my haki, but i cant defeat him. So I'm gonna wait until I lose, then I'm gonna use some awakening super sayan mode thanks to my akuma no mi to be able to win".
This can very well transition us into blackbeards theology of devil fruit powers are the ultimate abilities

Nah, Kubo would have made Wano around 200-250 chapters long and probably done something like this.
To be fair Kubo did this for his last arc. I don't want imagine how long One piece arc will be, perhaps even more.

In terms Kubo did it very good.
Only Aizen was messed up, but Aizen had in the end something far stronger then just a bankai so I can understand this choice.

Doggo

I said this in the spoiler thread and I'll say it again. There's two groups of people in the "wano is disappointing" camp, those who think Oda could still salvage Wano and those who are just over it.

I'm in the latter camp, awakening now would go against Kaido's own words and the themes of this arc. Oda should've dropped his awakening right after Luffy did his, or explain his drunk forms are it. Now it's too late
I'm definitely on the same group.
I'm excited for the post-fight lore dump that we usually have. Lots of good stuff can come from here, but there's NO WAY it's gonna change my view on the arc in general being the ONLY arc in the entire One Piece that I just don't like.
Not "meeeeeh. not my favorite, but its okay still".
It's just down bad, and the little goods it has are due to the fact that we were BOUND to have SOME good in 140+ chapters.