General & Others A huge Yonko War Arc with a crew worth of Zoan users, yet none is awakened.

@Sentinel it's fucked when the only awakened zoan in the arc is Luffy when we have right there a crew named after the animal kingdom
Bro imagine someone said me 4 years ago, that the only awakened zoan user in wano would be Luffy, I would laugh him out and call him a idiot, that is how fucked up Oda system was in wano this arc...

Last edited:
Boy, oh boy.
Can't wait for that VC pack saying he's awakened, just like I said a VC would come saying the Calamities and Tobi Roppo had both CoA and CoO.
Can't wait to see his drunken style being awakened. GODA. :suresure:
@Sentinel it's fucked when the only awakened zoan in the arc is Luffy when we have right there a crew named after the animal kingdom
It's asisine how Oda lost his mind that much...

As I said before I would have made at least Jack awakened so he would stand out more among calamities. So we have:

Kaido - heavenly focused on strengthening his haki, finds haki more important
King - Lunarian ability
Queen - Dino Cyborg
Jack - Awakened Mammoth zoan

Like at least that, or have Kaido both he can still be heavenly focused on strengthening his haki while having awakening, while Jack being the awakened ancient zoan.

This would be so fucking bad tho to have him awaken this late, should have introduced that a bit earlier at least instead of prolonging things unnecessarily.
Also, for what reason? Only to be knocked out 1 or 2 chapters later by an even bigger punch and buried deeper with his new awakened dragon shape this time? When it looks like that an antagonist is defeated, he most likely is.

You know Oda's down bad if redditors start trashing the manga too. Ofc there are still some GODA bootlickers around but their viewpoint is hardly relevant at this point - Oda fucked up badly in terms of pacing, world building (again, awakening is crucial to it) and everything more interesting.
We should've known this was coming the moment Big Mom was not using adcoc and turned her back on Kidd and Law just to get defeated in such a pathetic way.

Like how is it possible that Kaido gets defeated without awakening..:josad:

Worse, it looks like Kaido might become best friends with Luffy.

And let's not forget the atrocious "the more you laugh the more..." writing where characters in a death battle are laughing left and right:lawsigh:

It’s dumb but I think the only reason none of them are awakened is because they all depended on a different power system for their strength:

Kaido - He relied heavily on his haki
King - He relied heavily on his lunarian powers
Queen - He relied heavily on his technology

Meanwhile, Jack is just too weak I guess.

Hopefully Kaido awakens like Luffy did and gets back up.
But as example Katakuri.
He was heavily on his haki too, had all 3 types, two if them in top lvl(Future sight and a strong CoA) and at top his df was awakened!!

If Kata can manage to have all, how the fuck at least King and Kaido don't have awakened power.

Forget King, BM is heavily on her df too, her df is her full arsenal yet even she didn't had awakening when her son has awakening at top with future sight which she didn't had!!

It doesn't make anysense...
Kid and Law awake their df but not two fucking Yonkou?
Luffy has anything,awakening, adv CoC, adv CoA and adv CoO, at top he had a legendary df...

This trash balance with Oda had here is just bullshit over 9000...
Protagonist can awake and get powers into their ass but the villians not have the same power when literally trash(in compare to Kaido and BM) like Doffy had awakening?

The worst part, Kaido had sooo much knowledge about awakening, it was like he talking about his own experince. But that is right now not the case.

I have this eerie feeling Oda will explain in an SBS that Kaido's awakening will be the "versatility" of his transformations. Being able to repeatedly transform back and forth with elemental attacks on dragon, go hybrid to swing the club, go buff hybrid, maintain a floating island with dragon powers, etc will be what Oda considered his awakening from the get go.

Something tells me it'll be like this because Yonko are the "most powerful" so there isn't a line defined between awakening and no awakening. Their powers just "are".

However, I would dislike this explanation because it goes completely against what he's doing with Luffy, even if it aligns with how the other paramecia abilities work (temporary attacks/states). This explanation I can buy with BM (just that all of her powers are purely awakened because she knows how to use her soul abilities so well), but with Kaido it contradicts what he's done with Luffy.

I have this eerie feeling Oda will explain in an SBS that Kaido's awakening will be the "versatility" of his transformations. Being able to repeatedly transform back and forth with elemental attacks on dragon, go hybrid to swing the club, go buff hybrid, maintain a floating island with dragon powers, etc will be what Oda considered his awakening from the get go.

Something tells me it'll be like this because Yonko are the "most powerful" so there isn't a line defined between awakening and no awakening. Their powers just "are".

However, I would dislike this explanation because it goes completely against what he's doing with Luffy, even if it aligns with how the other paramecia abilities work (temporary attacks/states). This explanation I can buy with BM (just that all of her powers are purely awakened because she knows how to use her soul abilities so well), but with Kaido it contradicts what he's done with Luffy.
That would be such a cop out

Also, for what reason? Only to be knocked out 1 or 2 chapters later by an even bigger punch and buried deeper with his new awakened dragon shape this time? When it looks like that an antagonist is defeated, he most likely is.
If Kaido stand up again with awakening, it would simple mean Luffy wouldn't beat him in 1on1...

The scenario could became very unique, not the typical structure with Oda had where Luffy just need a strong punch to beat the opponent.

A arc similar like Thriller Bark, Sa or Imprl down, where the ending is different then the usually typical arc of Oda.

Could lead into multiple possibilty with Kaido standing up again, like ZKK after a team battle of all, strawhats vs Oz version,rooftop 5 vs Kaido, so many ways to win over Kaido rather let Luffy beating Kaido 1on1.

But the scenarios which I show above, forget it, Oda is lazy to make it better, he just use his standart writing...