• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 58 22.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Votes: 28 10.6%

• Total voters
Kaido mustn't be down yet; the dude was smiling and laughing a few chapters back, and not struggling on the same level as Luffy. Unless that attack had like Country Level AP, I'm not believing Kaido got sent from like 30% to 0% hp in just one damn punch.

Looking carefully at the chapter again .
To me that final clash showing Luffy overpowering Kaido is not because it is more powerful than Kaido attack (I'm not saying this because I'm a Kaido fan lol)

=> It is just similar to Doffy vs Luffy final clash but the difference is the struggling part which alone makes huge difference
Doffy get instantly overpowered in manga

=> Bajrang Gun and Blazing hakke was an upper limt extreme diff clash where Kaido even has upper hand majority of the time period of clashing.

=> The moment Kaido ask Luffy what world would he make and Luffy answering him. This is instantly followed by Kaido with shock face and it is that moment he got overpowered.
Does that sound like power lvl?? That his punch is stronger than Kaido?? No, sound like only in literal.

=> Kaido is the embodiment of power and strength, everything about his ideology is also about strength, war, battle etc.
His DF itself, Azure Dragon is from Chinese mythology which also a representation of power, strength, vitaliy
He got everything that defines strength more precisely "military strength".

=> Everyone with brain can read that Oda build this man purely for strength. The man that make Luffy reach all possible stage of power up under one night.

=> There aren't any individual in history who would be more overpowered or stronger than Kaido interms of pure individual strength. And highly doubt they would be.
Unless there's another type of creature introduce later which js close to God tier like entity which i hope would not be there in future.

=> Moving to the point, that clash shows everything about Kaido and Luffy
Kaido having everything about power and strength that person could posses, he's strongest individual that could exists in the world,
But still isn't the right person to change the world.
Because of his ideology and nature doesn't suit for him and someone like him will never be allowed to dominate the world and cause mass destruction in this type of story.

=> The one piece story is more and more looking like a fate of work, destiny or lowkey version of chosen ones. And the more we move towards the end it shows more and more about it. Whether we hate or like it.

=> The right person is favourable to change the world,
That is also how our real world could be better if there's any right person to lead the world, but it won't happen because this is reality, there are no right person who could make better world.
It seems Oda tries to implement what the real world can't afford into his shounen battle manga.

=> After all peace and freedom is the main subject of the show and Luffy is that embodiment, there's no boundaries set to him, you can talk equally with with whether you are his subordinates or not, he doesn't care if you're from another race, marines, rev, pirate etc. That person is the right person to change the world.

=> The whole clash between Kaido and Luffy is that embodiment of two people of different ideology, where the right person should be the
selected to shape the world.
The moment Kaido hears Luffy answer is when he slipped and get's overpowered. It is basically a battle of ideology where the better ones win.

=> In my honest opinion that punch is definitely not gonna put down Kaido interms of what defines defeat. Kaido could sustain way more damage than what we could imagine and could still walk
But that punch is very important and could define end of the battle
It shows Kaido spirit got overwhelmed by Luffy dream and spirit.

=> He would get up but I don't see any fight happening. Kaido could still maybe able fight whatsoever while Luffy already pass out.
But that punch and answer of Luffy would make Kaido go another way,
He won't turn out to be allies, Oda would never do that, but something will happen surely
Which is what I'm looking forward to and interesting to me much more than flashbacks

Last edited:
Luffy is falling down the hole Law made to fight Big Mom and finish the plot line started in WCI. He'll be followed by Zoro and the samurai he rounded up for Luffy, alongside Orochi's head he cut off to "definitely avenge Yasuie". Maybe Franky will join them with his anti-Kaido weapons.

It is just similar to Doffy vs Luffy final clash but the difference is the struggling part which alone makes huge difference
Doffy get instantly overpowered in manga

=> Bajrang Gun and Blazing hakke was an upper limt extreme diff clash where Kaido even has upper hand majority of the time period of clashing.

=> Kaido is the embodiment of power and strength, everything about his ideology is also about strength, war, battle etc.

His DF itself, Azure Dragon is from Chinese mythology which also a representation of power, strength, vitaliy
He got everything that defines strength more precisely "military strength".

Everyone with brain can read that Oda build this man purely for strength. The man that make Luffy reach all possible stage of power up under one night.

=> There aren't any individual in history who would be more overpowered or stronger than Kaido interms of pure individual strength. And highly doubt they would be.
Facts :cheers:

Cover story, no idea how but looks like mont-d'or was taken out which is why his DF effect was out, there'll be chaos in WCI after this I guess

The chapter itself, I don't know how to feel thou
On one hand, it looks like it's ended but part of me thought that Kaido would still get up again, albeit it won't be to continue the fight, judging from the flashbacks and when he heard Luffy's answer
On the other hand, after all that Oda said, Luffy ends it with a strong ass punch like usual, disappointing Oda
We get a bit of Kaido's flashback, still I wish to have more of his flashbacks where we could see Rocks, Big Mom, Whitebeard and the rest of the crew
On this one, we get a glimpse on why the Marines are able to captured him multiple times, how the battle on God's Valley probably happened, how Higurashi ask Kaido for help and a bit more of how Kaido and King's relationship in the crew, idk if Queen and Jack are also aware of how both Kaido and King are waiting for Joyboy and the change for the world
No mention of Kaido wanting One Piece and become the King of Pirates in here

Momo finally able to create a big flame cloud, although he's exhausted, I'm still not sure as to why Vegapunk think the fruit is a failure, aside from the pink color

Looks like Luffy is also out, but he'll recover easily like last time I bet

Not sure about Orochi, I hope he's really dead thou, in Marineford we got Newgate and Oars dead, here it needs at least one casualty Oda, come on now

Overall it's a good chapter, I'll be a bit disappointed on the huge punch if that's what ends Kaido

After this the world will now revolve around the 3 or maybe 5 of the 11 Supernovas since Luffy, Kid and Law would probably went to Billions for defeating 2 of the Yonkos (and both Zoro and Killer took part on the fight as well and in Zoro's case, defeating one of the Calamities)
I doubt they gonna hit the 4 - 5 billions but their bounties would probably be on Par with another member of the Worst Generation, ̶U̶r̶o̶u̶g̶e̶ Teach

Why do you think his flashback is over, pal? Didn't Ace and Oden's flashback mostly happen after their death? Jumping the gun over impatience is stupid. Rushed? Seriously rushed? This has been going on for too long pal.
Rushed in the sense that we wasted panels on so much useless stuff, and then when we finally get Kaido flashback, its half a chapter. Its panel after panel quickly glimpsing over his past, not a cohesive story by any means. This felt like the ideal moment for talking more about Rocks Pirates, but it didnt happen. But like you say, lets see whats next

Hä anyone else the feeling that Kaido at the end was different than most enemies?

before, Luffy always crushed the dreams of the enemy, took him down by destroying his will at the end by overcoming them. But now… Kaido kinda looked relieved, like he finally found some new will of life, some hope for the world, which he has always known as cruel. But now, there is someone incredible strong willing to change the world, something he couldn’t do. There is the Joyboy he was waiting for.

Finally his dreams can come to life?
Katakuri dreams weren't destroyer either
He was also relieved

Yeah kaido is relieved to meet Joyboy

Oda: "a stronger punch? No no no I’m not a basic mangaka. I will make the punch bigger."

Editor: " but is a bigger punch not a stronger punch in disguise?"

Oda: "my fans lick my boots. They won’t notice it or ignore it. Just look at Reddit and twitter."

Editor: " OP fandom, buy more merch."
Fanboy "I'm an illiterate retard who can't understand "just because" implies additional reasons not that he won't do it"