General & Others A huge Yonko War Arc with a crew worth of Zoan users, yet none is awakened.

We're basically asking him to spoon feed us with information at this point.
It is not so much folk wanting to be spoon fed as it is simply people wanting clarity since it isn't really clear at times what is or isn't an Awakening power especially regarding Mythical Zoans that have a mishmash of powers at the best of times.

The only times we have seen Paramecia Awakenings resulted in Doffy and Katakuri basically having Logia like powers after turning their surroundings into their titular Fruit's substance (String and Mochi respectively).

Are all Paramecia Awakenings like this? If so then I sure didn't see Linlin turn the whole place into some soul substance. If not then how are folk supposed to know her Awakening when they see it and not just assume that it is just part of her regular arsenal?

Zoans are even worse since the only confirmed time we have seen a Zoan Awakening is with regular Zoans in the Impel Down wardens and they just acted like dumb beasts.

Clearly not all Zoan Awakenings turn their users into mindless brutes since Luffy just got psudo-reality warping loony tune powers. Now this could be because he is a Mythical Zoan but so is Kaido so what kind of wack arse powers should he get from his Fruit?

You see how none of this is clear cut?

Kaido would be perfect to have as another mythical zoan awakening, if Luffy can influence the environment and see if Kaido can also influence the environent too with flaminy clouds or give his kanabo flaming cloud properties

And we will never know anything of that but people will assume that he's awakened as a safer bet rather than him outright not having awakenig, ok.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It is not so much folk wanting to be spoon fed as it is simply people wanting clarity since it isn't really clear at times what is or isn't an Awakening power especially regarding Mythical Zoans that have a mishmash of powers at the best of times.

The only times we have seen Paramecia Awakenings resulted in Doffy and Katakuri basically having Logia like powers after turning their surroundings into their titular Fruit's substance (String and Mochi respectively).

Are all Paramecia Awakenings like this? If so then I sure didn't see Linlin turn the whole place into some soul substance. If not then how are folk supposed to know her Awakening when they see it and not just assume that it is just part of her regular arsenal?

Zoans are even worse since the only confirmed time we have seen a Zoan Awakening is with regular Zoans in the Impel Down wardens and they just acted like dumb beasts.

Clearly not all Zoan Awakenings turn their users into mindless brutes since Luffy just got psudo-reality warping loony tune powers. Now this could be because he is a Mythical Zoan but so is Kaido so what kind of wack arse powers should he get from his Fruit?

Obviously, the more specific the details are, the better we understand them. I am not really against asking for more specific details. What I am against is denying the existence of something despite the hints and implications just because it wasn't "mentioned" specifically.

Zoro blocked Hakai using a barrier Haki, which can be confirmed from the visual representation of how it happened. We didn't need anyone to confirm it. Now, it is completely fine if someone says it should've been mentioned, but it's a problem when someone denies it happened because it wasn't mentioned—because it actually happened. That's denying things for the sake of it.

I'd say we were given ample information either directly or indirectly about Zoan and Paramecia's awakenings. Crocodile said ID beasts have quick recovery due to their awakening, and their abnormal behavior is also seemingly due to their awakening because Zoans, in general, don't just lose minds from eating a DF. We experienced this behavioral shift in Luffy too. He is clearly being influenced by his DF in awakening, and it is apparently because Zoans have their own personalities.

Then Kaido said, Zoan awakening gives you a bodily transformation—The transformation doesn't necessarily have to be as dramatic as the changes Luffy went through because ID beasts don't have anything like that. We have witnessed all 3 fundamental attributes of a Zoan awakening in Kaido: Abnormally high recovery even for a Zoan, different modes, and personality shifts that change in accordance with these modes.

About Paramecia, Doffy said, "Awakening allows the users to affect/influence things other than their bodies," and then we literally saw Law, Katakuri, Doffy, and Kid's awakenings at work. This is the only known attribute of a Paramecia awakening. And Big Mom does have the ability to influence the souls of other people and make it her own power.

Yeah, I know that's a lot of "connecting the dots" at work right there. And I too am not a fan of Oda not making things specific. If you wanna criticize Oda for sucking at making things unclear, then sure, I am more than willing to join the bandwagon with you. But I am talking about something completely different.

You can write me essays about how Oda had more than ample opportunities to reveal it but it changes nothing. We're talking about the same guy who couldn't find a single panel to reveal King's bounty in like 100 chapters. The dude just doesn't care. Expecting him to explain things in detail after reading 1050 chapters of his work, knowing what kind of a writer he is, is the same as asking him to spoon-feed us with information as far as I am concerned.

regardless if the fight continues or not, wano will really be the arc where Oda wasted a lot of panels/chapters
He does that it nearly every arc tbh, the most it's noticed in Fishman Island/Punk Hazzard/Dressrosa, these arc's would be a lot shorter otherwise.

The point isn't even about whether they are awakened. We all know a top tier character like Kaido and Big Mom should have awakening.

The problem is Oda has decided to write both characters without awakening just to fit his narrative/ he wrote himself into a corner/ couldn't find a way to make a the Yonkou loses believable with awakening.

hopefully next chapter changes this for Kaido

He does that it nearly every arc tbh, the most it's noticed in Fishman Island/Punk Hazzard/Dressrosa, these arc's would be a lot shorter otherwise.
yeah but this time he really over did it. Am I crazy for believing this arc could've been done in 90-100 chapters instead of damn near 150 with the same cast?

yeah but this time he really over did it. Am I crazy for believing this arc could've been done in 90-100 chapters instead of damn near 150 with the same cast?
Yeah I wont even mind lengthy arc's but to keep up someone for that long needs to make some more interesting scenarios for that, people will lose interest otherwise

The point isn't even about whether they are awakened. We all know a top tier character like Kaido and Big Mom should have awakening.

The problem is Oda has decided to write both characters without awakening just to fit his narrative/ he wrote himself into a corner/ couldn't find a way to make a the Yonkou loses believable with awakening.

Awakening especially of a mythical zoan is going to be differentiating

You can say it was a fish DF and dragon is awakening but the DF name is azure dragon

The flame dragon mode is pure ability also

Interest in something only goes as far as you can understand that thing, Oda's too much of a sloth to not let awakening and Haki remain open ended for any possible future asspull needed when his condom MC is about to get his ass clapped, that's the cowardly way of keeping readers hooked.

How does flaming dragon makes sense?
Kaido created an avatar that only parameciax can do ; Magellan, BM, kata with portal limbs , Robin...

Which means kaido been using awakening here and then

The truth is this chapter is not the end of Kaido, and that's almost a fact

The reason is not mostly power lvl related but it's one of the factors

Kaido awakening is being saved , mainly because Zoan fruits are a way bigger deal now because Luffy fruit is one, the nature of Kaido awakening is probably a big reveal

Also there's too many unanswered questions about Kaido left, and his goal is not addressed at all in the latest chapter

The truth is this chapter is not the end of Kaido, and that's almost a fact

The reason is not mostly power lvl related but it's one of the factors

Kaido awakening is being saved , mainly because Zoan fruits are a way bigger deal now because Luffy fruit is one, the nature of Kaido awakening is probably a big reveal

Also there's too many unanswered questions about Kaido left, and his goal is not addressed at all in the latest chapter
I hope so, otherwise there's no saving it