Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
that wasn't a mystery reaction, she was just shocked to see Momo still indecisive this late into the story
If that was the case, Oda only needed the exclamation points, Yes. But he drew something more: a snap symbol.

In the langage of comics/cartoon, that specific element symbolize a trigger in the mind of the character, something that will prepare a change of mind.

This was what followed that interaction
Yes, but the problematic is different.

On your page, Momo and Yamato are arguing about surrendering. On my image on the other hand, Momo is wondering about closing the border because he wants to protect the country and ask Yamato for advice.

Those two themes are different. The subject of the first conversation has nothing to do with the other.

Yamato definitely snapped while hearing Momo's questionning. This.. was not brought up again.. but it should! If that's not done, that "snap" would be meaningless.

My conclusion is that on that specific moment, something changed deeply in Yamato's reasonning. Preparing possibly a change of desire in the future.

On the topic of red herrings, I've seen King's name being brought up now as a potential Robin-type recruit. With the latest chapter, he's apparently been waiting for the return of Joyboy/Luffy. He's also targeted by the World Government and the story behind that, has a unique design that really stands out, as a Lunarian it would be fitting that Luffy would once again manage to do what Big Mom couldn't by recruiting one, etc. If Yamato's a red herring, King's an interesting option at the very least.
Second this

That's not how red herrings work
Yamato is literary looking at the reader and saying "I'll sail with Luffy!", but if you take a closer look at how her character has been developing, she doesn't feel like a strawhat at all.
Ok? That's not how red herrings work either... Jinbe in ID arc, even in MF arc had 0 SH development, if you look at the surface like you do with Yamato...

On the topic of red herrings, I've seen King's name being brought up now as a potential Robin-type recruit. With the latest chapter, he's apparently been waiting for the return of Joyboy/Luffy. He's also targeted by the World Government and the story behind that, has a unique design that really stands out, as a Lunarian it would be fitting that Luffy would once again manage to do what Big Mom couldn't by recruiting one, etc. If Yamato's a red herring, King's an interesting option at the very least.
Lol robin didn't give a fuck about crocodile or his crew

You are saying King who has been Right hand Man of Kaido for 20+ years and very loyal to Kaido , who put Kaido in higher importance than joyboy will join the crew of the those who defeated them?

Idiotic. It ruins his character and obvi won't happen. Robin had no loyalty towards croc.

Ok? That's not how red herrings work either... Jinbe in ID arc, even in MF arc had 0 SH development, if you look at the surface like you do with Yamato...
No, that's exactly how red hearings work
At the surface, she's asking Luffy to join and saying she will sail with him. It's only when you take a closer look at character motivations and interactions that you start to doubt that it's the case. Comparing her with Jimbe or any other "out of left field SH" makes no sense because of how clear-cut she has been about wanting to join.

Lol robin didn't give a fuck about crocodile or his crew

You are saying King who has been Right hand Man of Kaido for 20+ years and very loyal to Kaido , who put Kaido in higher importance than joyboy will join the crew of the those who defeated them?

Idiotic. It ruins his character and obvi won't happen. Robin had no loyalty towards croc.
Not only that.. but let's not forget that King was one of the hands of Kaido's policy in Wano:

- Slavery
- Starvation
- Pollution
- Authoritarism
etc..

There is no way Oda can accept that type of character in the crew.

Not only that.. but let's not forget that King was one of the hands of Kaido's policy in Wano:

- Slavery
- Starvation
- Pollution
- Authoritarism
etc..

There is no way Oda can accept that type of character in the crew.
Let's not forget that Robin was one of the hands of Crocodile's policies in Alabasta:
- Dehidration of entire cities
- Killing innocents
- Blackmailing
etc..

No, that's exactly how red hearings work
At the surface, she's asking Luffy to join and saying she will sail with him. It's only when you take a closer look at character motivations and interactions that you start to doubt that it's the case. Comparing her with Jimbe or any other "out of left field SH" makes no sense because of how clear-cut she has been about wanting to join.
People should be aware by now that when an author makes a character repeat again and again a desire of some sort. There are high chances that it won't happen.
Post automatically merged:

Let's not forget that Robin was one of the hands of Crocodile's policies in Alabasta:
- Dehidration of entire cities
- Killing innocents
- Blackmailing
etc..
Not really. Robin went against crocodile multiple time in the story (Saving Luffy, Giving the crew an eternal Pose, trying to kill Crocodile, trying to make his plan fail). She never killed and she never took part actively in the Dehidration plan, she just watched as she had no other choice.

People should be aware by now that when an author makes a character repeat again and again a desire of some sort. There are high chances that it won't happen.
Post automatically merged:

Not really. Robin went against crocodile multiple time in the story (Saving Luffy, Giving the crew an eternal Pose, trying to kill Crocodile, trying to make his plan fail). She never killed and she never took part actively in the starvation plan, she just watched as she had no other choice.
Do you know that king actively killed or took part in any of Kaido's plan, or that he just watched as he had no other choice?

King is an active part of the crew of the beast. He has no other agenda that to follow Kaido's order and to make him the king. So the situations are very different.
Robin is an active part of Baroque Works, she is the right hand of the president.
King has another agenda, finding Joyboy, which he knows is not Kaido, and knows is Luffy now.
The situation are very similar.

You are brain dead if you think king is joining. Stop spouting random shit
I am not saying he is joining, I am saying that there are parallels between king and Robin.
And if you think I am saying random shit, please point out what, since I am saying all stuff that it's written down in the comic.
And in a forum where people are voting for Tama or Hancock to join, I can freely say that King has a better chance.

I am not saying he is joining, I am saying that there are parallels between king and Robin.
And if you think I am saying random shit, please point out what, since I am saying all stuff that it's written down in the comic.
And in a forum where people are voting for Tama or Hancock to join, I can freely say that King has a better chance.
Only parallel is they both have knowledge about history.

Nonetheless King's character turns to shit if he joins SHs which is nonsensical

At the surface, she's asking Luffy to join and saying she will sail with him. It's only when to take a closer look at character motivations and interactions that you start to doubt that it's the case.
Both of her flashbacks clearly show that her main motivation is going out on adventures as Oden did. She has a paralleled declaration about it after Ace made her speak her heart like Luffy did for Momo about becoming shogun. Why would Yamato change up on what she's said a dozen times while Momo becomes shogun as he said a dozen more times?

The two are meant to have contrasting parallels and directions. The one stuck outside of Wano will finally take his place in it. The one stuck in Wano will finally get to leave.

Comparing her with Jimbe or any other "out of left field SH" makes no sense because of how clear-cut she has been about wanting to join.
Like Brook, whose only stipulation was his missing shadow? Or Jinbe, who people unironically debated him joining after FMI?

Robin is an active part of Baroque Works, she is the right hand of the president.
Only because she was acting undercover.

No he doesn't.

The situation are very similar.
No. Very different. But to really understand why, let me explain:

In everystory there are different type of character:

- The Protagonist or Hero
- The Secondary protagonist
- The Ally
- The False adversary (an antagonist character that will root for the protagonist)
- The false Ally (it's the ally that will betray the protagonist)
- The Secondary Antagonist
- The main antagonist

In Wano with examples:

- The Protagonist = Luffy (main protagonist of the manga) / Momo
- The Secondary protagonist = The strawhats / Kinemon
- The ally = The Minks
- The false adversary = Denjiro
- The false ally = Kanjuro
- The secondary Antagonist = Big Mom
- The main antagonist = Kaido

When we are looking for the next Nakama the type of character that we MUST look at are:

- The Protagonist
- The Secondary protagonist
- The Ally
- The False Adversary

Beyond that limit, the characters are too far gone to become strawhats.

Robin and Franky where False adversaries. Meaning that there were clues in the story pointing to their real characterizations and preparing us for that "switch". For Robin - for example - it was multiple thing, but the main one was Robin saving Luffy.

So I have a question for you:

Are there ANY evidences in the story, showing that King could be a false adversary at the minimum?

In other words: Can you give me any element showing King helping Luffy, the scabbard, Momo, the strawhats or ANY members of the alliance ?

If the answer is no, King CAN'T become a strawhat.

Only parallel is they both have knowledge about history.

Nonetheless King's character turns to shit if he joins SHs which is nonsensical
I’m not with the idea of King joining, but what I get here is that King has the knowledge about Joyboy and somehow been waiting for the appearance of Joyboy, so those who think King has better chance is because of his knowledge and idea that Joyboy exists; especially when he will know that Joyboy indeed does exist in the form of Luffy.

That’s why people saying the idea is pretty possible, as if Tama, Hancock, etc don’t know the importance of Joyboy and future plots. And again, I’m not in the idea of King joining the crew. Maybe King & Katakuri will somehow join forces and help Luffy in the end. But again, it’s just a theory of possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.