Not open for further replies.
Only because she was acting undercover.

No he doesn't.

No. Very different. But to really understand why, let me explain:

In everystory there are different type of character:

- The Protagonist or Hero
- The Secondary protagonist
- The Ally
- The False adversary (an antagonist character that will root for the protagonist)
- The false Ally (it's the ally that will betray the protagonist)
- The Secondary Antagonist
- The main antagonist

In Wano with examples:

- The Protagonist = Luffy (main protagonist of the manga) / Momo
- The Secondary protagonist = The strawhats / Kinemon
- The ally = The Minks
- The false adversary = Denjiro
- The false ally = Kanjuro
- The secondary Antagonist = Big Mom
- The main antagonist = Kaido

When we are looking for the next Nakama the type of character that we MUST look at are:

- The Protagonist
- The Secondary protagonist
- The Ally
- The False Adversary

Beyond that limit, the characters are too far gone to become strawhats.

Robin and Franky where False adversaries. Meaning that there were clues in the story pointing to their real characterizations and preparing us for that "switch". For Robin - for example - it was multiple thing, but the main one was Robin saving Luffy.

So I have a question for you:

Are there ANY evidences in the story, showing that King could be a false adversary at the minimum?

In other words: Can you give me any element showing King helping Luffy, the scabbard, Momo, the strawhats or ANY members of the alliance ?

If the answer is no, King CAN'T become a strawhat.
King is helping Kaido because it's gonna draw out Joyboy, which he is looking for. The source is the two kaido flashback, one of which is in the last chapter.
We know FOR A FACT that King was misguided in thinking Kaido was joyboy, and when he realised he was not he remaied with Kaido for at least two reasons, friendship and the hope of finding Joyboy.
Now Kaido is defeated and King has found it's original target, joyboy aka Luffy.
Maybe he won't join the crew, which I don't care and sincerely doubt, but he will be at least an ally from now on.
We know that he did not need to act undercover, because Kaido knew that he wanted to meet joyboy.

And going back to what you said, he knows that whoever beats kaido is gonna be Joyboy. It's been stated last chapter.

Also we discovered Robin was a false adversary only at the end of the saga, actually she joined when the saga was over, when she gave the eternal pose we didn't know that.

King is helping Kaido because it's gonna draw out Joyboy, which he is looking for. The source is the two kaido flashback, one of which is in the last chapter.
We know FOR A FACT that King was misguided in thinking Kaido was joyboy,
Really I don't care about King wanting to find JoyBoy, it's cool and all but that's out of subject. What I'm asking you is:

Is there ANY evidence in the story showing King helping the strawhats ?

I'm asking that because it's mandatory to prepare the integration of a character in the crew (or as any type of ally in fact)

And going back to what you said, he knows that whoever beats kaido is gonna be Joyboy. It's been stated last chapter.
he will be at least an ally from now on
Fair enough, Why not, it's totally possible

Really I don't care about King wanting to find JoyBoy, it's cool and all but that's out of subject. What I'm asking you is:

Is there ANY evidence in the story showing King helping the strawhats ?

I'm asking that because it's mandatory to preapre the integration of a character in the crew (or as any type of ally in fact)

Fair enough, Why not, it's totally possible
I don't care entering into a shenanigans battle with your moving goalposts, King will join if the plots requires him to and if Oda writes that.

I am not saying he is joining, I am saying that there are parallels between king and Robin.
And if you think I am saying random shit, please point out what, since I am saying all stuff that it's written down in the comic.
And in a forum where people are voting for Tama or Hancock to join, I can freely say that King has a better chance.
Tama has a role, an unfilled promise, and has been paired with the SHs for over 100 chapters.
The only reasons people think she won't join is because she doesn't fulfill their powerscalling shōnen fantasies or because they try to apply real world morals about being protective of children to a fantasy manga.
Meanwhile, the reality is that she's out here taking hybrid-Ulti slashes and proving herself as a very useful asset, going as far as saving other SHs and being the main factor in the raid success

From a narrative perspective, Tama joining is the only one with any real meaning/impact.
Yamato/King don't add anything besides another strong fighter to the crew, since we already have Robin as the poneglyph reader/Joyboy tie in
on the other hand, taking Tama as a Pirate Apprentice would symbolize the SHs as a veteran crew, one with enough experience and strength to have an apprentice. This would fit with the stage of the story we are about to enter after they've beaten a yonkou.
Pirate Apprentice is also the only canon role that they are missing and one only Roger, WB and Rocks have been shown to have.

We know FOR A FACT that King was misguided in thinking Kaido was joyboy, and when he realised he was not he remaied with Kaido for at least two reasons, friendship and the hope of finding Joyboy.
Now Kaido is defeated and King has found it's original target, joyboy aka Luffy.
Maybe he won't join the crew, which I don't care and sincerely doubt, but he will be at least an ally from now on.
We know that he did not need to act undercover, because Kaido knew that he wanted to meet joyboy.

Also we discovered Robin was a false adversary only at the end of the saga, actually she joined when the saga was over, when she gave the eternal pose we didn't know that.
No king helped Kaido because initially he thought Kaido is joyboy but later realises that is not the case and still follows him

He even says joyboy will not appear if he is the one who defeat Kaido

You haven't read it seems

Tama has a role, an unfilled promise, and has been paired with the SHs for over 100 chapters.
The only reasons people think she won't join is because she doesn't fulfill their powerscalling shōnen fantasies or because they try to apply real world morals about being protective of children to a fantasy manga.
Meanwhile, the reality is that she's out here taking hybrid-Ulti slashes and proving herself as a very useful asset, going as far as saving other SHs and being the main factor in the raid success

From a narrative perspective, Tama joining is the only one with any real meaning/impact.
Yamato/King don't add anything besides another strong fighter to the crew, since we already have Robin as the poneglyph reader/Joyboy tie in
on the other hand, taking Tama as a Pirate Apprentice would symbolize the SHs as a veteran crew, one with enough experience and strength to have an apprentice. This would fit with the stage of the story we are about to enter after they've beaten a yonkou.
Pirate Apprentice is also the only canon role that they are missing and one only Roger, WB and Rocks have been shown to have.
You make a good point, but Tama has shown 0 interest in becoming a pirate.
But now that you make me think of it, Yamato would have 200% worked better as a child, and the role you describe would have been super interesting for her as such.

No king helped Kaido because initially he thought Kaido is joyboy but later realises that is not the case and still follows him

He even says joyboy will not appear if he is the one who defeat Kaido

You haven't read it seems
Last chapter, and I quote:
Kaido says that joyboy is the one that shows up to beat him in the future.
King replies: Then I guess we'll never see him.. (Implies that Kaido is indeed unbeatable.)
Whis is what I wrote. King followed Kaido thinking it was Joyboy. When he found out he wasn't, he remained for sure for friendship, and we can maybe assume for the hope of finding Joyboy via Kaido, since Kaido told him so.

Her real motivation is to be free, sailing out to seas is the consequence of that motivation, not the actual goal.
Okay, what is her actual goal then?
Cause she literally states over and over that she wants to live like Oden and what did Oden do in his time? Wasn't it trying to Leave wano just like Yamato, u keep trying us about her dream and goals like you are the Author of the story when Oda shows just that Yamato wants to leave Wano just like Oden did. But I guess you see something in a panel that is naked for out eyes

Last chapter, and I quote:
Kaido says that joyboy is the one that shows up to beat him in the future.
King replies: Then I guess we'll never see him.. (Implies that Kaido is indeed unbeatable.)
Whis is what I wrote. King followed Kaido thinking it was Joyboy. When he found out he wasn't, he remained for sure for friendship, and we can maybe assume for the hope of finding Joyboy via Kaido, since Kaido told him so.
No king says that because he don't think even joyboy can't defeat him

King can take part in endgame but joining the crew is out if question

I don't care entering into a shenanigans battle with your moving goalposts, King will join if the plots requires him to and if Oda writes that.
No moving goalpost here. It's a fundamental rule. If King has no preparation to become a false adversary, he can't become a strawhat period. It's mendatory. (Point 5)

Robin was not an undercover as the VP of BW...
Yes she was. For her own account but under cover.

Okay, what is her actual goal then?
To be free

No.

No king says that because he don't think even joyboy can't defeat him

King can take part in endgame but joining the crew is out if question
I think King says that because he thinks NOBODY can beat Kaido, which implies not even Joyboy can of course, but the statement is more a testament of Kaido strength in my opinion. This said, somebody did indeed beat Kaido, and it was Joyboy. The one King wants to find.
I don't think he will join, but I think he has better chances than others.

Why are you asking that, she WILL do what she wants. The only thing is that what she want might...

CHANGE
Change into a relevant character?
Post automatically merged:

No moving goalpost here. It's a fundamental rule. If King has no preparation to become a false adversary, he can't become a strawhat period. It's mendatory. (Point 5)
Mate I understand your issue but the only thing I consider mandatory are the ones that Oda writes down, what you consider mandatory is fan fiction, since the author itself has not stated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.