Status
Not open for further replies.
but that Oni stuff seems to matter for Kaido, not Yamato

she was raised there in Onigashima being the daughter of Kaido

nobody in the crew would reject her for that

Kaido is the one that had to live out there in the world and suffer from being a Oni

he has that racism thing about Onis being superior

i think we should see and hear that from Kaido's flashback, not Yamato's
we learned about the lunarians from someone other than King, it's not unprecedented

we learned about the lunarians from someone other than King, it's not unprecedented
yeah, and you think that was good?

because to me was a very poor delivery, just telling what they are in a dry way

show don't tell

it would've been much better if it was just a King flashback and we saw it first hand, instead of being told by Queen

Oda has been really missing on these antagonist flashbacks in Wano imo

but that Oni stuff seems to matter for Kaido, not Yamato

she was raised there in Onigashima being the daughter of Kaido

nobody in the crew would reject her for that

Kaido is the one that had to live out there in the world and suffer from being a Oni

he has that racism thing about Onis being superior

i think we should see and hear that from Kaido's flashback, not Yamato's
It matters to her in that she's been told not to trust humans.

I'd imagine her being the only friendly Oni after all of this may cause issues with Wano's citizens. We'd have to see how it is structured. I can imagine her lineage being important in some unspecified way, since they seem to have some relationship with Ancient Giants.

yeah, and you think that was good?

because to me was a very poor delivery, just telling what they are in a dry way

show don't tell

it would've been much better if it was just a King flashback and we saw it first hand, instead of being told Queen

Oda has been really missing on these antagonist flashbacks in Wano imo
I do think it was done well just based off King's personality. He's a secretive guy who hides his identity, it would make no sense if he suddenly started monologuing about. It also not Oda's style to give henchmen a lengthy flashback

We got what we needed from King, which is his relationship with Kaido in contrast to Zoro's with Luffy

Just think about how good King's, Queen's and Kaido's flashback could be if Oda put them all together and told one complete story about how Kaido's life went and how he got all of them in the crew

A bit more like Doflamingo

instead we get this jumbled mess of a few panels every few chapters
The problem is Doflamingo got massive help from Law's flashback, and despite being a potential candidate to join the crew Yamato ain't Law.

I do think it was done well just based off King's personality. He's a secretive guy who hides his identity, it would make no sense if he suddenly started monologuing about. It also not Oda's style to give henchmen a lengthy flashback

We got what we needed from King, which is his relationship with Kaido in contrast to Zoro's with Luffy
I don't need for him to start monologuing at all, he could've just started remembering by himself, just like Kaido is also doing

you don't have to tell the other person you're fighting, the flashback is more for the readers anyway, not the characters

it doesn't matter if Zoro knows or not, especially because Zoro still doesn't know, Sanji is the one that got told that

it was pointless for Queen to do it

I don't need for him to start monologuing at all, he could've just started remembering by himself, just like Kaido is also doing

you don't have to tell the other person you're fighting, the flashback is more for the readers anyway, not the characters

it doesn't matter if Zoro knows or not, especially because Zoro still doesn't know, Sanji is the one that got told that

it was pointless for Queen to do it
I addressed that with my second point, Oda doesn't give henchmen lengthy flashbacks

I addressed that with my second point, Oda doesn't give henchmen lengthy flashbacks
It doesn't need to be lenghty at all, Oda has done great flasbhacks with very few panels, they just haven't hit as hard lately

Senor Pink is also a very short Flashback, just a few pages, and people love that one

King's flashback most people don't give a shit about his past honestly, they just wanted more lore from Lunarians and info on Kaido

King himself, as a character, was completely ignored by the readers

That was the exception not the rule, and in fact it was a bet with an editor lol
see, Oda can do better as a bet with a gag character

but can't for Kaido's right hand man?

compare King's character with Marco and Katakuri for example, both flashbacks and characters shit on King's

see, Oda can do better as a bet with a gag character

but can't for Kaido's right hand man?

compare King's character with Marco and Katakuri for example, both flashbacks and characters shit on King's
Katakuri's flashback was around the same length as King's, his was about his relationship with his siblings and King's with Kaido's. Also we didn't learn anything about Kat's heritage in his flashback either.

Katakuri's flashback was around the same length as King's, his was about his relationship with his siblings and King's with Kaido's. Also we didn't learn anything about Kat's heritage in his flashback either.
and Katakuri's was much better imo

i care much more for Katakuri as a character after that flashback than i did for King

King felt more like lore dump than actual character work

I'm sure that mothers are linked with their child’s soul and brain.
I have a thought about someone or a plan and my mother comes the other day and says: "I felt that you’re planning to do this …. and you’re thinking about …."
This shit is spooky and fucks me up

Status
Not open for further replies.